Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-12-2016, 04:26 AM
Pathfinder

Problems with forgetting?

I'm not feeling well today so I decided I'd just lay down and try to meditate for a while to rest

but the thing is, I get these great messages or answers, or sometimes I'll see something, but when I open my eyes the messages or the answers I received are completely erased. Anyone else have problems with retaining information?

The only visual I ever remembered was seeing this long bridge, and a huge church like structure (very pointy, very tall) made out of a light blue crystal sitting on it's own island I guess, but everything was made up of material I can't really describe

I know I don't intentionally meditate a lot, it could be that I need to just intentionally do it more.. maybe practice or something?
"For there to be beauty of face, clarity of speech, benevolence and firmness of character, shadow is as needful as light. They are not opponents: they stand, rather, lovingly hand in hand, and when light disappears, shadow slips away after it."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 13-12-2016, 07:01 AM
Master
I am forgetting everything as a direct result of meditation and it sucks.

For some reason, total mindfulness and one-pointed focus has now made its way into my everyday life with very bad consequences.

Yesterday, I went to a PC shop to get my laptop fixed...I went with my mother.

We get to the parking lot, it was full...I had to park about 1km away from the shop...

I got my mother's wheelchair out of the boot, helped my mum out of her seat and into the chair and we walked to the repair shop.

After getting there and explaining what was wrong, the tech guy said 'so where is your computer then?'

I had left it in the car.

So, I cook dinner...I do a roast perfectly and go to serve it for dinner...

My family asked "so, where are the vegetables then"?

I totally forgot to put them in with the roast because I was too focused.

Is there any way to stop meditation having this unwanted and nasty side effect? I'd be really interested to know.
Old 13-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I am forgetting everything as a direct result of meditation and it sucks.

For some reason, total mindfulness and one-pointed focus has now made its way into my everyday life with very bad consequences.

Yesterday, I went to a PC shop to get my laptop fixed...I went with my mother.

We get to the parking lot, it was full...I had to park about 1km away from the shop...

I got my mother's wheelchair out of the boot, helped my mum out of her seat and into the chair and we walked to the repair shop.

After getting there and explaining what was wrong, the tech guy said 'so where is your computer then?'

I had left it in the car.

So, I cook dinner...I do a roast perfectly and go to serve it for dinner...

My family asked "so, where are the vegetables then"?

I totally forgot to put them in with the roast because I was too focused.

Is there any way to stop meditation having this unwanted and nasty side effect? I'd be really interested to know.

Mindfulness does seem to be having some nasty side affects for some, even reports of some practitioners ending up really ill and having to be admitted to Hospital.

If you think it is not helping you I would stop. Have a look around on some reputable sites and read the articles yourself and decide whats what.
Old 13-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Mindfulness does seem to be having some nasty side affects for some, even reports of some practitioners ending up really ill and having to be admitted to Hospital.

If you think it is not helping you I would stop. Have a look around on some reputable sites and read the articles yourself and decide whats what.
Thank you, sky...I shall... *hugs*

After reading your reply, I went on google and found an article about it and blow me down if I am not experiencing every symptom the author has described about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-making-us-ill

It seems that some of us 'highly sensitive/strung' people can experience very bad things as a result of mindfulness meditation.

We can raise kundalini the wrong way after only very short practice because we are already so 'in tune' with our bodies and surroundings that becoming mindful about it, leads to a psychotic 'over-aware' state.

This is why I now find myself having a functional neurological disorder and I often just stare at anything without having a thought in my head whatsoever.

Now for many, stopping thoughts is good, but you wouldn't want to do it while your house is on fire from a stove you forgot to turn off because you were too busy staring at a dripping tap.

God, I need a healing, sky...I really do. My energies need to be balanced out after I scattered them to every corner of the universe....
Old 13-12-2016, 11:38 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanny
I'm not feeling well today so I decided I'd just lay down and try to meditate for a while to rest

but the thing is, I get these great messages or answers, or sometimes I'll see something, but when I open my eyes the messages or the answers I received are completely erased. Anyone else have problems with retaining information?

The only visual I ever remembered was seeing this long bridge, and a huge church like structure (very pointy, very tall) made out of a light blue crystal sitting on it's own island I guess, but everything was made up of material I can't really describe

I know I don't intentionally meditate a lot, it could be that I need to just intentionally do it more.. maybe practice or something?

My suggestion would be that you write down what you remember after each meditation session, at least for awhile. It can be like a dream diary in that sense; By writing down what you remember, your mind gets used to the idea that your intention is to remember, and then over time you naturally begin to remember more, more easily

Your memory also ties to your mental/emotional, physical, and spiritual health; Any problems with any of those could have an impact on your ability to remember. My approach for me might be working with the chakras, particularly the third eye, as well as the lower dan tian. But like you're saying, more practice may do it if you give it some time. There are lots of factors
Old 16-12-2016, 04:51 AM
Master
Quote:

If you don't meditate a lot and your focus & concentration is still weak, it may not be a problem of forgetting but not steadying the consciousness enough to remain in one place. Meaning your brain shifts too quickly before a memory can be laid down, if you only spend 10 seconds looking at something you better have photographic memory or you won't be remembering it!

my advice, practice concentration and build that skill before attempting much more difficult feats of meditation.
Old 16-12-2016, 05:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
If you don't meditate a lot and your focus & concentration is still weak, it may not be a problem of forgetting but not steadying the consciousness enough to remain in one place. Meaning your brain shifts too quickly before a memory can be laid down, if you only spend 10 seconds looking at something you better have photographic memory or you won't be remembering it!

my advice, practice concentration and build that skill before attempting much more difficult feats of meditation.

oh my I don't want to concentrate for anything, that is horrible! And I am doing quite fine without thank you.

As to the OP it seems to me that rememberin what I am doin gsomehow gets in the way of doin git. So often I TRY to not bring memory into play. Sigh.
Old 25-12-2016, 09:36 PM
Newbie ;)

i have the same problem, could be what shivatar was saying about concentration.
Old 28-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
oh my I don't want to concentrate for anything, that is horrible! And I am doing quite fine without thank you.

As to the OP it seems to me that rememberin what I am doin gsomehow gets in the way of doin git. So often I TRY to not bring memory into play. Sigh.

good luck living without one of the most important skills available.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

What kind of answers do you receive?