Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 07-11-2010, 07:11 PM
white_monarch

Crystal/Gemstone question.

I've been playing with stones and crystals for a few months now. I really love how they look, and I feel safe and connected using them. I've also witnessed how different people respond to them, and am trying to find a better understanding.

I also have a friend who is into crystals and Raikie(sp?) healing. She and I have spoken before and she seems to be of the opinion, and I understand it, that only really clear crystals (especially quartz) work. I am not sure where I stand and was wondering. Is this true? Are the only stones worth getting only the highest quality, or is it ok to use other kinds?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
SoaringSpirit

The correct spelling is Reiki :-)

Personally I don't think that the quality makes that much difference to the metaphysical properties of crystals.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:12 PM
white_monarch

Thanks a lot
Old 07-11-2010, 09:29 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_monarch
I've been playing with stones and crystals for a few months now. I really love how they look, and I feel safe and connected using them. I've also witnessed how different people respond to them, and am trying to find a better understanding.

I also have a friend who is into crystals and Raikie(sp?) healing. She and I have spoken before and she seems to be of the opinion, and I understand it, that only really clear crystals (especially quartz) work. I am not sure where I stand and was wondering. Is this true? Are the only stones worth getting only the highest quality, or is it ok to use other kinds?

When it comes to choosing crystals, base your selection on your own inner sensing and attraction to any given stone. That is by far and away the greatest and most accurate way to home in on the crystal that will work best with and for you, whether it be in healing or any other endeavor In other words, listen to your inner voice!
Old 07-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Sangress

Crystals are tools in a sense. (Though they are far more than simple tools in a lot of respects.)

You wan't to be able to pick the correct crystal for you, regardless of what others say. You'll be bonding with the crystal in a lot of respects, while you use they crystal it will become an extension of your body and in turn you'll learn from the crystal.

Your friend preffers "pure" crystals, because they connect better to such kinds.

I suppose what I am saying is that each person reacts, connects and works well with certain crystals. Each persons preference is as diverse as their personality or their soul itself.

Pick crystals that work for you and they will work better than the purest and clearest crystal in existence because they are your crystals and you have bonded with one another.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Experiencer
All Crystals Are Created Equal.. To Some Degree

I feel that the crystal or mineral is a part of that person who has held it, touched or actually made contact with it.. As with you the human touch can be different to everyone and anyone.. the same would hold true for the minerals or crystals. one can/could feel a tingling or vibration in a particular crystal, while another whom touch the same crystal may not have an sensation.

Short story. My wife and I love to attend rock and mineral shows and typically we never really buy anything.. yet these last few time my wife has held her hand out towards the pendulum displays.. and if one would move towards her.. well you get the picture..

Needless to say.. she is drawn or the pendulum is drawn to her or even I. they all have proclaimed their names to us and have their on special locations throughout the home or in our pockets.

So as you can see Crystals have feeling and many are actually drawn to a particular user. Thus seeking out the right or correct crystal, gem or mineral that suits your needs is best.

Addressing the "color" issue.. well True many clear crystals offer the "clarity" one desires when using them.. But this clarity doesn't have to be just the clear common quartz. Stay away from stones that have been ill formed or ill cut.. fractures lay just below the surface and can brake at any given moment.

There has been many of times I've been called upon to repair of correct damage that has occurred to minerals or crystals over the users lifetime. Some I'm able to save and create upon or build with. Strengthening their foundations and settings by incorporating my wife's wire wrapped artwork.

Hope this has given you some insight to what you may look forward to.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 AM
white_monarch

Yes! Lots, thanks so much guys I appreciate it!