Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
Master
Kewl......wink back.
Spiritlite.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Kapitan_Prien

*laughs*
Old 02-11-2010, 12:05 AM
mikron

Cool

Greetings Tila

I have got further information

here is what i was told from crystal expert

Now, a little tougher question, about the obsidian (specifically green or blue-green) that LOOKS like it is glass. I am attaching a picture of my blue-green obsidian. To the naked eye this looks like a clear blue-green glass ball. However, upon closer examination one can see certain snowflake like markings, and other markings inside which distinguish it as NATURAL GLASS - ALSO KNOWN AS OBSIDIAN, AS OBSIDIAN IS NATURAL GLASS. Man made glass might have bubbles or other marks or be completely clear, but natural volcanic glass (obsidian) will have certain characteristics that identify it. These little snowflakes come from the long cooling process, and are probably little star shaped internal fractures.

Attached are some -not very good - photos of my piece. You can see the inclusions which look like starbursts, and other formations which happened when cooling. Manufactured glass does not get the starbursts. Even tho my photos are not good - there are NO BUBBLES in this piece. The last photo 7769, is not clear, but shows the starbursts - they look like little snowflakes. This piece was sold to me as obsidian, and has been confirmed by an expert that it is indeed - natural volcanic glass, otherwise known as obsidian.

So, for what it is worth, mother earth produces all kinds of beautiful miracles. How can anybody give a definitive answer on this. Some glass objects will be natural, and some man made. Mine is natural.

Never say "never"....one never knows what wonders exist!
Old 02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
claymation

Awww man. It's tough to tell the difference on a lot of it without being an expert.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Master
Yeah Clay I hear you although I've been collecting crystals for all of 20 years, I sometimes still have issues on "is this real" but I've had enough intuitive experience to actually look or hold the crystal and get the "vibe" that it's heated, or fake etc.
Spiritlite.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Master
Also guys look out there is a lot of fake moldavite out there.
Spiritlite.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Experiencer
I beg to differ on some of your minerals, mainly the Citrine remark.. If the citrine is dark yellow/orange.. It been badly or over heat treated and not the other way around.. I've contacted and even written a number of articles that have shed light on this topic many times. As with the fact they people are still cleansing their minerals and crystals with salt or a salted solution.. This is clearly bad advice that has been handed down over the centuries.. Salt earths natural element to corrode or erode anything and everything will tend to "pit" all and anything it comes in contact with. thus causing fracture or weak zones in or on the crystal. As with leaving the crystals or mineral in the sun to dry.. is another bad idea.. Thus I wrote about "Faded Glory" the fading of ones minerals over time in the suns exposure. I have a feeling not many will heed the warning signs and continue to do as they have been told for years to come.