Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 09-11-2010, 01:09 AM
Experiencer
Faded Glory: The Fading & Cleansing of Our Minerals & Crystals

Over the years I continue to see many users doing the same thing when Cleansing their minerals, rocks, stones and crystals.. They seem to be drawn to the fact that Salt and Sunlight are the only alternatives to cleansing. After reading Rock & Gem Magazine "Faded Glory" (http://www.rockngem.com/issue.asp?IssueID=172) and watching a program on the Discovery channel about salt and its corrosive capabilities.. I've changed my thinking on what and how I should cleans my stones.

The fact that many of use are unaware of the issues we are facing after the fact of washing, drying and recharging our stones.. is and will always be pointless.. Unless its done right.. There isn't any clear cut way to do anything right or wrong.. or is there.. Have we just been told one thing is best and its been handed down through the centuries. Unwavering or unchanging.

One must place themselves into a crystal and mineral to actual feel and understand what it is we are dealing with.. What it is the crystals needs to survive and stay the color it is.. This brings up the the process of "heat treatment" How do we know that Citrine is really a Citrine.. A clear quartz heat treats slightly turns yellowish/orange thus creating a Cirtine.. The heat treatment of crystals and gems is one issue in itself.. How do we know that "ruby" is a ruby and not a heat treated topaz..

But I'm not here to speak about the heat treatment of gems and stones.. thats for a later notes.. One is draw to stones because they offer many of us comfort and even heal us.. But what do we do in return.. allow them to fade.. or disintegrate before our very eyes. its past time to rethink your method of cleansing..

Alternatives include:

*Sand Baths: (Unsalted Sand Submersion)

Various Crystal Points (Re-energizing In Sand)

*River or Stream: Cleansings (Create a steady basket, Place gems minerals within a filtered pouch then place in basket, then place into stream or river. Works best with a natural Stream if your lucky enough to have one close.

*Mineral Water: This method should be performed in a pure crystal bowl and the water should be at or below 40 F degrees. Soaking should take approx 30 mins, remove then pat dray afterward with a soft towel or shammy.

*Creative Aspect: We all have water fountains in our home.. Some smaller then others.. but works just the same.. However the water would need to be changed or rotated in 1 hour intervals.

Then turned on the fountain for one hours of cleansing allowing the mineral or spring water to circulate around the mineral which are laying state.

Because of the approaching fall and winter months.. This would be a great time to carefully wrap all minerals in a leather pouch or fur pelt. Tied then placed into a sturdy metal tin box. *Buried and allowed to rest for one week.

*Note: The above method should only be preformed by the well trained expert in crystals and minerals.. Often incorporating hymns, chants and drumming.. "One Must Give Back What One Has Taken From Mother Earth".. At least for a short while.

After cleansing.. One will need to pat dry with a shammy or very soft towel.. Patting and not rubbing. When patting dry, allow air circulate through and around your cupped hands so this will not attract debris onto the cloth and may scratch the crystal. Natural drying time is approx 20 mins.

Now that the Crystal or mineral have been prepared, One would need to locate the area within the home where the moons raise would emanate for at least 6 hours. Having a window with a line tided across (between the window pain and mesh screen) allows for air flow and can reflect the moons glow from the windows glass onto the crystal.

In the morning , remember to remove the crystal/s from the window and place back into a soft leather pouch or mesh pouch. The crystal can then be returned to their original locations or hang from the corner of you home according to tradition.

Personally I love the winter months for recharging our crystals.. The cool air reminds the crystals and minerals of wince they came. Mother earth and the temperatures within these caviares are at or even blow a normal temperature which the crystals grow and thrive. Just remember, what is a snow flake.. How does it form.. What are the best conditions for the snow flake to form.. The crystals is the exact same makings.

Check your manuals, books and reference material.. on the art of growing crystals.. Why would anyone subject their crystal with salt or salted baths.. just to learn later that the crystals have become brittle or brake because the salt has or may weaken stress fractures within the crystals structure.

These same books have even admitted that this is entirely possible for the crystals to brake and it's perfectly suitable and that the crystal broke for a reason and should be passed on.

Mind you these are but a few alternatives I've under gone in my short 5 years stint to the aspects or minerals and crystals.. I would just hate that one day you left you Rose Quartz out side in the sun all summer long.. and its now.. white to pale pink.. Instead of the rich red pink it once was.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:23 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Wizard,

Thank you for the quick posting of your cleansing of minerals & crystals post ! I no longer have to worry about my crystals melting in the moonlight

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 09-11-2010, 05:06 AM
Master
Hi and thanks for this wonderful post. I've been a collector of gems and crystals for over 19 years now and your post has some very creative ways to cleanse, thankyou!
Spiritlite.