Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 27-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
Your not seeing the intended message. But it doesnt matter imo. Your way will take u where ever you wish to go imo.

isn't it odd that folks on this thread keep telling me what it is i'm not seeing and knowing as if they are "in the know" and i am not. how dualistic and ... presumptuous. lol

perhaps i see just fine but i don't accept the standard anti-ego meme as accurate within the context of my own experience as an ego, as a self.

the intention of the message will, of course, be read differently by each individual as it's read via the individual perception lens. the belief that "ego" is an agent of separation from the "Oneness" is, imo, the illusion ... not the self itself. my selfhood is not a separation from The Self but Is an expression of The Self, a living, breathing work of art. each and every One of us is a masterpiece of Self expression. beautiful!
Old 27-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
The downside to the new age is the consensus of belief can make it very hard for people to believe in their right to become enlightened ALL ON THEIR OWN. No angels, channels, psychics, spiritual practises, "raising of vibration" or beliefs in Gods involved!

I was under the impression that the New Age movement IS about becoming enlightened all on your own. That you don't need religions etc. Anyone telling you otherwise is religious and not new age

Quote:
So many contradictions in the new age community, and no centralisation. People are basically making their own God, their own religion - which is fine,

Thats the beauty of it. Take and use whatever works for you and discard the rest with no central authority saying you are right or wrong.

Quote:
but then they go and argue about who's right! Ugh. Exhausting. I did it too, and I'm relieved to say it was just a learning phase and I can no longer be bothered.

Then stay away from those people. Judging the new age negatively on account of some self righteous folks is akin to throwing out the baby with the bathwater

Quote:
I've said it (and practised it long before I came to this site or encountered new age philosophy) - the only thing you need to become enlightened, is meditation. That's it. Nothing else.

Now you are sounding like those folks arguing about who is right that you just complained about LOL Each spiritual path is unique and what works for one may not work for another. Though I meditate, I find that it is not enough for myself personally to become enlightened.

Quote:
Enlightenment states are very easy. Half the stuff the New Age philosophy puts in your mind is just overcomplication and actually an obstacle to achieving self awareness.

Overcomplication to some, enlightenment to others and visa versa. Depends on the person and their path

my 2 cents
Old 27-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Enlightment comes to any, and all, at any age irrespective of experience.

Enlightment in some areas of social engagement may occur less because of experience leading to becoming wiser in our personal ways of responding to our environment.

However, there is also changing environment of social behaviours and technology that some of the older-- seemingly wiser --may not be ware of, educated in, or experience in.

Spiritual practice is just a set of tools that we can reference when we need them. Ex remembering to take a deep breath can relieve some mental and physical anxiety to whatever degree.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 27-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
isn't it odd that folks on this thread keep telling me what it is i'm not seeing and knowing as if they are "in the know" and i am not. how dualistic and ... presumptuous. lol

perhaps i see just fine but i don't accept the standard anti-ego meme as accurate within the context of my own experience as an ego, as a self.

the intention of the message will, of course, be read differently by each individual as it's read via the individual perception lens. the belief that "ego" is an agent of separation from the "Oneness" is, imo, the illusion ... not the self itself. my selfhood is not a separation from The Self but Is an expression of The Self, a living, breathing work of art. each and every One of us is a masterpiece of Self expression. beautiful!

The only part of the ego that is the problem as i see it and get out of what he is saying is the seperation. Its not like yiu annihilate anything else. The identity, uniqueness, personality, everything else remains.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 27-12-2015, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
The only part of the ego that is the problem as i see it and get out of what he is saying is the seperation. Its not like yiu annihilate anything else. The identity, uniqueness, personality, everything else remains.

i can agree w/ that. the perception of separation creates the seeming reality of separation, which is why i tend to disbelieve the self/ego is separate from the The Self.
Old 27-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i can agree w/ that. the perception of separation creates the seeming reality of separation, which is why i tend to disbelieve the self/ego is separate from the The Self.

The self as i see it for me is where the bliss and silence is. Its a powerhouse in itself. When it would come and go i saw it as seperate. Once the ego of seperation died the self became everything. Since it no longer comes and goes. Or no longer from the inside or from the outside. There was only a previous perception of seperation. An illusion. To me everything is the self. There is not some part that is and another that isn't.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 27-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Experienced from the inside and outside i mean.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 27-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Master
I think that's what I struggle with and block is my beautiful self which I seem to feel on my left side ,its as though I reject it for some reason ,I see its spirit but I get all confused as to whether it is the holyspirit ,which I guess it is it all is and I have this guilt thing where I think I shouldn't feel so God filled that God is more important but the reality of it is that God wants to be in me ,and it has is now and it is a beautiful feeling ,I went to church to praise Jesus and it was great but I don't know if they get they are Jesus in a way, I just have some more intergration in a way but I do Love God with all my heart and soul and I certainly feel that way about myself now tool it seems ,this separation thing just flogs me at times ,I pray it all comes together soon ,but then it already is Hey..beiing who I am with all my emotions but also having a higher power that seems to be connected to the spirit of Jesus that helps me to be my better self the one that values peace ,love ,joy,purpose and life . I think if you've got like full on physical stuff happening its really challenging its been full on for me to give this Self its day in the sun as Ive had to detach from ego ,as well as state my claim of it in the world of spirituality ,rambling sorry just want to feel whole confident and content. This is full on man sometimes, but it is incredible and beautiful.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepsoul
I think if you've got like full on physical stuff happening its really challenging its been full on for me to give this Self its day in the sun as Ive had to detach from ego ,as well as state my claim of it in the world of spirituality ,rambling sorry just want to feel whole confident and content. This is full on man sometimes, but it is incredible and beautiful.

Indeed it can be very 'Full On'. lol It was for me for nearly 4 years. Utterly head reeling!
It seems to get sorted out after a while and we become comfortable with being both - Egoic perception from a human-centric view point and being a spiritual/etheric being/Higher Self.
In a lot of ways nothing is replaced but instead we are 'added unto' and can shift between perceptions for various circumstances...we have more options, more tools.
Old 27-12-2015, 10:35 PM
Master
I am made of a million tiny shining silver stars and I love myself...

Only 3 yrs to go then ,lol, seriously though CrystalSong thankyou for the support and Namaste dear one...