Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 09-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Tanith

Pecan butter!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...type=1&theater

It doesn't really fall under "health" but there's not really a forum for "natural foods" or anything like that.

I had a picture of some pecan butter I made today :) But the site won't let me post it yet, lol. The pecans were collected from trees around some friends' houses, and the house I just moved into has two nice big pecan trees as well, though they're not ripe yet.

I shelled them and prepared them myself :) We were out of creamy peanut butter so I thought it would be a perfect time to make some. I want to try and make my foods, or at least ingredients, naturally as much as I can. We're attempting to grow all our vegetables (and some fruits) on our own, as well as our own herb garden.

With pecans, you can make flour, meal, and butter. You can do this with any kind of nut, but since we have pecan trees, we would do this with pecans.

The pecan butter was really good; not quite as creamy as the store bought stuff, but I also got tired of grinding it lol. It would be much creamier if I put more time into it. The taste was amazing though!

Just one way I try to honor the earth by using what she has given us naturally, as well as trying to eat healthier, and stick it to the big corporations who care more about profit and less about our well-being!

Last edited by Tanith : 10-08-2011 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Tanith, almond butter and cashew cream are out of this world !
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 AM
Tanith

I haven't tried either of those yet!! As soon as I can get some almonds and cashews, I'll give them a shot!

I love baking and making things from natural sources :)
Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Master
When I saw the title to the thread, I said to myself oh no, please not that! I just got home from the store and bought a couple cans of nuts, mixed lightly salted and party peanuts lightly salted. Needless to say, I'm a very nutty person, lol. And pecans are totally one of my favorites. You are so lucky to have them growing near you. I look forward to when you can post pics of your yummy homemade goods.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 AM
Tanith

Me too! As soon as I can post pictures I will put one here :)

Pecans are not my favorite nut, but they are quickly becoming my favorite butter! Brazil nuts are my favorite but I'm not sure how well they'd turn into butter, so I'll stick with hazelnuts and almonds!!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Master
As a kid, I used to pick out all the Brazil nuts, they were my top favorite. I think they may make a bland tasting butter, though. But maybe there's something you could add to it? Oh well.
My closest experience to that is once, a neighbor had one or two apricot trees and they were ripe and laying all on the ground, so so many. I made two pies and they were sheer heaven!