Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 07-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ces
I am wondering - if I didn't eat, how long could I continue for - doing my usual activities - would my body say "oh no food today - will start on some of the fat that's stored" or would it just stop and say "oh no food today - not going to do anything just not work".

If you stopped eating your body would go into starvation mode and would hold onto it's reserves of fat so it would have something to use as fuel and energy for the body and to sustain itself. Your body would also start to feed off of the muscle that is in you to get what it needs.

To lose the weight you need to have your metabolism active to help you lose weight and keep losing weight during the day. It is recommended that one eats 6 small meals throughout the day. Be it an apple, or a think of yogurt.

Cutting out sugars and the fattening carbohydrates such as white bread and potatoes.

Without the proper amount of fuel in your body doing day to day activities will exhaust you and you will slowly start to become weak and lethargic and probably have a hard time getting out of the bed in the morning.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Master
Thanks Inner for your comments. I guess its knowing whats ok!y and whats not in terms of good and bad food that i need to start learning about.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:16 AM
DebbyM

Another thing that might be a good idea for you is to find out if your thyroid is on the 'fritz'. An underactive thyroid can make it almost impossible to lose weight. It can also be the cause of numerous other major problems. I have read that 8 out of 10 women in North America have thyroid issues, diagnosed as well as undiagnosed. So it could be worth your while to check it out with your doctor.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
SilverDragonfly

(((ces))) You've gotten some wonderful advice here and appear to be well on your way to a healthier you! Congratulations!

I'm in a similar situation, in that I need to get healthier and revamp my eating habits. A health issue has me looking at everything I'm eating, so a food journal is a huge help! Try making a list of your favorite fruits and veggies and looking up new recipes for creating dishes that are not only healthy, but pleasing!

Another thing I've been doing is walking(which I love to do), not only for the exercise, but for the time to sort things in my mind, just look at nature around me and de-stress. What is your favorite activity/sport? You're more apt to stay active by doing the things you love to do. Find ways to fit those activities into your day.

I'd also like to thank everyone else who has offered advice and ideas here. I'm making notes!
Old 11-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Master
regular dietary habits are the go ces 3xhealthy meals a day
Old 11-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Master
A benefit of diabetes [ the only one ! ] is that it enforces discipline over having regular eating habits and healthy diet.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Master
Thank you all for your comments and words of advice. I am quite pleased to say, still none of the ccc have been purchased. I haven't quite managed to sort out the exercise but will get to that. I have increased fruit portion during the day and can say I am only having 3 meals a day. Water is being drunk and I am continuing to have porridge everyday for breakfast. I take my time to make it and eat it just before I leave in the morning for work. Trying to reduce the desire to snack at 9.30am.

The food journal is a good idea - I will try this I think as well as the list of food I like and ways to make it differently.

I have also lost 2lbs. Careless I know but good none the less
Old 11-08-2011, 10:18 PM
SilverDragonfly

Remember one pound of body weight=3500 calories. To take off a pound a week, which is a safe & sensible rate, you need to reduce your intake and increase your expended calories a combined total of 500 calories a day. That's not too hard to acheive!

And, Congratulations on the 2 lbs!
Old 18-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Master
Thanks Silverdragonfly.

I have been a little naughty these last couple of days. Not excessively but enough to be having a word with myself.

Still relatively happy with myself.
Old 18-08-2011, 01:25 PM
de.spin

Go Vegan!

Hallo Ces

why don't you consider becoming vegan? It is not only very healthy, but and above all very compassionate towards all the animals.

10 years ago I turned vegetarian (no meat, no fish).

3 years ago I stopped eating eggs, milk and cheese.

My health is wonderful, and I have no weight problems anymore!

And if you (or anybody else here) need advice on how to turn vegetarian and vegan, I will be more than happy to help.

Eating is a wonderful thing. We don't need to kill or exploit animals to do that!