Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 23-08-2011, 12:59 PM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive!

Diseases (and Disabilities) can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way. ~Bernie S. Siegel

We (us disabled folks) are here to show the world that nothing is impossible no matter what others think. I've been told that I'm the most positive, optimistic person people know! Eventhough I've had over 40 heart related procedures, 11 open-heart surgeries, and will need more as technology allows, I'm still here! And I'm already 23 years past my 'expiration date' at age 28! I love people and try to be there as much as I can physically handle. Love is worth living for, and love is, I believe, our ultimate goal here on earth.

I have never found myself wishing that I didn't have to go through it all. It has been with me my entire life and will continue to be. If I didn't have these issues, then I wouldn't be the person I am today! I wouldn't change ANYTHING that has happened. Keep your chin up! Hope, determination, and love for everyone & everything are the keys to living life!

Yessss, now that is what I call inspirational! Thank you Tara.

BIG LOVE

G
Old 23-08-2011, 01:24 PM
earthprowler

my 11 year old has comorbities. he was diagnosed in the first grade with ADHD, then it progressed to taking tests to see how he thinks and reacts. He was then diagnosed with bipolar, severe anxiety, ODD and conduct disorder. by the 3rd grade they added emotional disability. Amazingly, he only takes Ritalin and it controls his anger and agitation. some days are extremely hard, when he was in gen ed classes, (especially 3rd grade) they called the police on him (no matter what paper work i took in on his disabilities or notes from doctors, they did not care) twice because he "showed himself" . i read everything i could, found WrightsLaw.com and that was a god send. He eventually was expelled and went to another school for the remaining three months of that year.......only to have his new school shut down and sent back to his neighborhood school......and finally, since they didn't have one before, put into an ED class room. he still had problems, but had a teacher that "got it" . i know there's a lesson in this, i've learned alot as we have gone along.....but it hasn't been easy. his dad is and has been in denial that there is anything wrong the whole way.....i knew when i was pregnant that there was something different about this one, lol. (he ate his first piece of pizza at 3 months old for an example.) he's strong, he's not dumb but likes to play that card sometimes. he's started the 6th grade this year and i'm hoping that everything goes smooth, he's not been in a gen ed class since 3rd grade. i love him to death, just want him to have the best and be the best he can be. he's really smart as a whip!
Old 23-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colhad75
Hi folks

Not real sure where to post this but if need be, please move to correct forum. I guess disability could fall under health but not entirely sure.

My question is apart from genetics, is there any spiritual explanation as to why disbilites exist? Why does The Creator put souls in a body that doesn't work properly. Why do we have things such as Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, Down Syndrome, Aspergers Syndrome (which is me).

I know it's a difficult question with obvious answers but is there more to it than just genetics?

My expereince is that when I look outward at the world and see such things I have no answers but when they hit home, they seem to make more sense. I still have no answer though.
Old 23-08-2011, 09:46 PM
flutterangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara
Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive!

Diseases (and Disabilities) can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way. ~Bernie S. Siegel

We (us disabled folks) are here to show the world that nothing is impossible no matter what others think. I've been told that I'm the most positive, optimistic person people know! Eventhough I've had over 40 heart related procedures, 11 open-heart surgeries, and will need more as technology allows, I'm still here! And I'm already 23 years past my 'expiration date' at age 28! I love people and try to be there as much as I can physically handle. Love is worth living for, and love is, I believe, our ultimate goal here on earth.

I have never found myself wishing that I didn't have to go through it all. It has been with me my entire life and will continue to be. If I didn't have these issues, then I wouldn't be the person I am today! I wouldn't change ANYTHING that has happened. Keep your chin up! Hope, determination, and love for everyone & everything are the keys to living life!

Thanks for sharing your story, Tara! I love the quote. It's so true! If I hadn't been diagnosed with MS nearly 4 years ago, I wouldn't be here on SF or on the spiritual path I'm now on.

flutterangel
Old 23-08-2011, 10:27 PM
indiesongwriter

I've been dealing with a disease that can be disabling. I was diagnosed and treated for lyme disease a few months ago but the symptoms keep returning. I've always been spiritual but the idea of living in constant pain or being debilitated mentally or physically so that I would not be able to do the work that I had been dreaming of doing was devastating. I want to be a social worker to be of service to others, and now I contemplate the possibility of being taken care of by others instead. What it taught me was to, first of all, take good care of my body and mind through diet exercise and positive thinking and meditation. It also reminded me that nothing is permanent and that we can't be too attached to a vision or a plan - even if that vision or plan is altruistic. We have to remain flexible. I realize that even if I struggle with this disease (and fortunately for now its effects have been mild) I can still always be of service in some way. Even if I live at home with my parents and occasionally do volunteer work (worst case scenario). But for the time being, I am trying to put energy into being well and fulfilling my hopes and dreams so I am going to continue with my studies at grad school to attain my Masters in Social Work. I believe that, no matter what happens, while we are here on Earth we always have the opportunity to expand our empathy and to practice compassion. Being sick has been a valuable reminder of that Truth!