Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 16-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Experiencer

Is Drinking Eight Glasses of Water a Day Necessary?

Hi All,

The need to drink eight glasses of water a day is now being seriously questioned.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...3_lnk1%7C78157

Namaste
Old 16-07-2011, 10:51 PM
musartnova

Just remeaber... drinking water is better for you then drinking Soda drinks and Fake fruit juices....

the human body is made up more then 50% of water...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_perce..._body_is_water
Old 16-07-2011, 10:59 PM
AmethystDawn

I find it inconvenient, too many toilet trips
Old 17-07-2011, 12:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by musartnova
Just remeaber... drinking water is better for you then drinking Soda drinks and Fake fruit juices....

the human body is made up more then 50% of water...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_perce..._body_is_water
Agreed Musartnova.

I prefer and find that bottled and filtered water is healthier than tap water. Evian is probably the best but pricey. As to fruit juice, a favorite of mine is Odwalla Superfood. Although rich, it doesn't have the acidity problem of orange juice.

Cheers!
Old 17-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Time

I think its different for everyone. We sweat more or less then others, and all do more or less work all day... I drink more then 2 gallons of water a day in the summer myself
Old 17-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
I think its different for everyone. We sweat more or less then others, and all do more or less work all day... I drink more then 2 gallons of water a day in the summer myself
True. A good example of this principle is dancer Michael Flatley and his Feet of Flames 2000 Tour.

<< Michael Flatley lost more than 5 kg (11 lb) of weight during each show. On performance days he drank nearly 4.5 liters (1.2 gallons) of water. >>

http://www.search.com/reference/Feet_of_Flames

Cheers!
Old 17-07-2011, 04:31 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avadar
True. A good example of this principle is dancer Michael Flatley and his Feet of Flames 2000 Tour.

<< Michael Flatley lost more than 5 kg (11 lb) of weight during each show. On performance days he drank nearly 4.5 liters (1.2 gallons) of water. >>

http://www.search.com/reference/Feet_of_Flames

Cheers!

The dancing I am sure had some contribution to the weight loss, can't be all from just drinking water.

And there are some reports that bottled drinking water isn't really all that much different from some local drinking waters, it is just an advertising ploy. Of course, some local water tastes just awful, depending on where you live. Then there is the info that some of the plastic used on the bottles, when left out in the hot sun, somehow affects the quality of the water. How does one know what to believe ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
The dancing I am sure had some contribution to the weight loss, can't be all from just drinking water.
To clarify the point: greater physical activity requires more hydration. More aerobic activty means a greater need for water.
Quote:
[
And there are some reports that bottled drinking water isn't really all that much different from some local drinking waters, it is just an advertising ploy. Of course, some local water tastes just awful, depending on where you live. Then there is the info that some of the plastic used on the bottles, when left out in the hot sun, somehow affects the quality of the water. How does one know what to believe ?

Dream Angel xx
You know what to believe by how the water looks, how it tastes, and how it affects your body. Most tap water tastes awful no matter where you live.

I know from direct experience that filtered and bottled water is generally superior to tap. You can go to basically any major city in the US, like New York City for example, and pour a glass of tap water that is oftentimes discolored and which reaks of chemicals.

So in this case, the advertising, or should we say, the false advertising, is from the tap water companies, not the filter and bottled water companies. With the exception of those bottled water companies that are simply using tap water in their product.

As to the danger of having bottled water in direct sunlight that heats it up, or to have it in a trunk or cabin of a vehicle whereby it heats up, that is absolutely correct. The reason: the chemicals in the plastic leak into the water and these can be carcinogenic.

If water is to be heated by the sun it must be in a glass container. The whole idea behind sun tea.
Old 17-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for clarifying on the exercise and water, yes that is what I meant.

ewwww on the NYC water ! Of course, if it is that bad, one should definitely drink the bottled water. And " With the exception of those bottled water companies that are simply using tap water in their product. " this was what I was referring to, in regards to the advertising.

Sun tea, I had completely forgotten about that idea. Thanks for the reminder !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-07-2011, 11:45 AM
Experiencer

Hi Dream Angel,

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying on the exercise and water, yes that is what I meant.

ewwww on the NYC water ! Of course, if it is that bad, one should definitely drink the bottled water. And " With the exception of those bottled water companies that are simply using tap water in their product. " this was what I was referring to, in regards to the advertising.

Sun tea, I had completely forgotten about that idea. Thanks for the reminder !

Dream Angel xx

You bet!

In 2004, there was a problem with Washington DC water and the local Water and Sewage Authority (WASA), via a generous donation from Brita Products Co., handed out hundreds of Brita filter pitchers to those with lead service lines.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/a.../pitchers-duel

That sort of thing should happen more often.

Namaste