Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-05-2012, 05:15 AM
Elouia

Question Tingly Sensation?

Hi~
I use to be very spiritual until this year. I just finished my school year as a Junior and the whole year was very stressful and a lot of things happened to where I was very stressed and I closed up.

I'm trying to open up again and be spiritual. I've only successfully meditated 3 times before, years ago but each time I got nervous and snapped out of it. So I've never actually met my spirit guides or anything. D:

So basically, I tried clearing my Chakras yesterday. I slept and didn't really have any special dreams. I just know I had a dream in a dark blue room at a table with a family, and we all prayed, however I couldn't hear what the man was saying. I was trying to lucid dream and I remembered my friend said I had to higher my vibration. I then had a false awakening in the exact position I was when I really woke up. I woke up to my whole body feeling tingly and I was calm at first.It was a really strong tingly sensation and some lightheadedness. But I was afraid if it was a spirit, it could of been a bad one too so I tried to move and snap out of the tingly sensation, but I couldn't move. I finally got my finger to move and then I felt in control, but the sensation continued for awhile until I pushed it away and said in my mind "get out" a few times. I wasn't really confused, I thought a spirit was trying to get into my body lol. o_O
Also, once I started saying that, It was like the wind was blowing. But more like someone was blowing air. I didn't feel any temperature change though.

I talked to my friend about this, and she said it's possible I could of just had sleep paralysis. However I just find it odd that all my life I never had sleep paralysis before, and ironically when I start getting into spiritual stuff again, this event happens. My friend then said It's possible a spirit was just giving me energy.

I really would love to meditate again and this time not be scared and snap out of it before meeting my guide. I really need the help from them. =<; I just worry if I open myself too much, scary things will start to happen like they did to my friend. D: I don't want to start hearing whispers or feeling presences to the point where I'm seeing shadows that make me jump a lot.

So is there anyone that can answer my question and/or give me some advice on meditating to meet my spirit guide. =<?

Thanks for all who read this and help. <3 I'm sorry it's so long. D: I've never been on a spiritual forum before. but I'm glad I joined this one. =3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You don't have to read this, I just thought I'd share how my first meditation went incase anyone has experienced something similar. =3

I meditated and ended up in space. I was floating and then the planets were aligning. I can't remember WHICH planets, but I'm pretty sure Earth and mars/venus were some of the planets. They aligned and this big light came off from them. Hard to explain sorry. D:!) I tried to move but I couldn't. That's what scared me so I ended up snapping out of it. >_<

My main issue is I just end up afraid, I know I have to be brave but meh. =< If anyone has tips on staying brave, that'd help too x3!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ Elizabeth
Old 31-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elouia
Hi~
I use to be very spiritual until this year. I just finished my school year as a Junior and the whole year was very stressful and a lot of things happened to where I was very stressed and I closed up.

I'm trying to open up again and be spiritual. I've only successfully meditated 3 times before, years ago but each time I got nervous and snapped out of it. So I've never actually met my spirit guides or anything. D:

So basically, I tried clearing my Chakras yesterday. I slept and didn't really have any special dreams. I just know I had a dream in a dark blue room at a table with a family, and we all prayed, however I couldn't hear what the man was saying. I was trying to lucid dream and I remembered my friend said I had to higher my vibration. I then had a false awakening in the exact position I was when I really woke up. I woke up to my whole body feeling tingly and I was calm at first.It was a really strong tingly sensation and some lightheadedness. But I was afraid if it was a spirit, it could of been a bad one too so I tried to move and snap out of the tingly sensation, but I couldn't move. I finally got my finger to move and then I felt in control, but the sensation continued for awhile until I pushed it away and said in my mind "get out" a few times. I wasn't really confused, I thought a spirit was trying to get into my body lol. o_O
Also, once I started saying that, It was like the wind was blowing. But more like someone was blowing air. I didn't feel any temperature change though.

I talked to my friend about this, and she said it's possible I could of just had sleep paralysis. However I just find it odd that all my life I never had sleep paralysis before, and ironically when I start getting into spiritual stuff again, this event happens. My friend then said It's possible a spirit was just giving me energy.

I really would love to meditate again and this time not be scared and snap out of it before meeting my guide. I really need the help from them. =<; I just worry if I open myself too much, scary things will start to happen like they did to my friend. D: I don't want to start hearing whispers or feeling presences to the point where I'm seeing shadows that make me jump a lot.

So is there anyone that can answer my question and/or give me some advice on meditating to meet my spirit guide. =<?

Thanks for all who read this and help. <3 I'm sorry it's so long. D: I've never been on a spiritual forum before. but I'm glad I joined this one. =3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
You don't have to read this, I just thought I'd share how my first meditation went incase anyone has experienced something similar. =3

I meditated and ended up in space. I was floating and then the planets were aligning. I can't remember WHICH planets, but I'm pretty sure Earth and mars/venus were some of the planets. They aligned and this big light came off from them. Hard to explain sorry. D:!) I tried to move but I couldn't. That's what scared me so I ended up snapping out of it. >_<

My main issue is I just end up afraid, I know I have to be brave but meh. =< If anyone has tips on staying brave, that'd help too x3!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ Elizabeth

For me, if there is a tingly sensation, it doesn't mean anything. Just 'feels like this'.

The sensations are very common with meditators, but I don't think there's any reason to think they mean 'something else'... it just happens to feel a certain way.
Old 31-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Elouia

So it doesn't represent any spirits sometimes? =O

Thanks for your reply~ =3 I wasn't sure. x3 I'll keep this in mind for the future.
Old 31-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
So it doesn't represent any spirits sometimes? =O

Thanks for your reply~ =3 I wasn't sure. x3 I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Personally, I just feel what it feels like. A lot of people say they feel tingly sensations. It's a good indication that the mind is becoming sharper and more concentrated as you begin to notice these subtler sensations.
Old 31-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum

Firstly, you can't NOT be spiritual regardless of whether you're meditating or doing any other spiritual practice. We're all spiritual so you haven't failed in anyway. Meditation takes time and patience. I used to struggle with it but once I took the pressure off I found it much easier. Now i don't worry about meeting guides or eliminating thoughts or whatever else - whatever happens, happens. Meditation is about sitting with yourself and seeing what happens.

It sounds like you had a lucid experience. False awakenings are common with them. It doesn't sound at all like a bad spirit. Tingling sensations are energy and I get them a lot both during meditation and in dreans. It is very common to experience it during sleep paralysis which is also linked to lucid dreaming. Everyone gets sleep paralysis as it occurs every single night while we are dreaming but few people are actually conscious of it because usually our minds are sleep when the body is. Some people say that during sleep paralysis the soul leaves the body and the tingling can be linked to that. I don't know if that's true. Regardless, tingling is simply energy and energy sensations take many different forms and may be spirit, may not be. It's highly unlikely to be anything negative. When the mind is frightened it tends to attach negative ideas to what it doesn't understand.

Try not to be scared because fearful thoughts get tangled up and make things worse. Just be with what you experience and remember you yourself are spirit and can't be hurt in anyway. Try surrounding yourself with white light and reaffirming you are a child of the Divine.

Good luck!
Old 31-05-2012, 08:34 PM
santacruz18

From what I have told, fear will block you. What are you afraid of? Before you meditate you should surround your self with white light and say a protection prayer.
Old 31-05-2012, 11:08 PM
RichMartini

My two cents; you're describing a classic out of body experience. If you look at the books of Robert Monroe, you'll find the identical description of tingling just prior or just after the experience. I can't vouch for whatever you see during your out of body experience - I've had my own, and I can tell you i've had the same experience - not being able to move, then that fear transferring itself to some other fear. But I've learned to just "go with it" as there's no danger of becoming disconnected from your body during an OBE, you're always connected by a thin thread no matter where you go or what happens. And its happening for a reason, so it never hurts to check it out. and if you do see something that's scary (I saw a troll/gargoyle once or at least thought I did) just remember that you're a powerful individual - no harm can come to you, and you can dissolve, or whisk away whatever appears in front of you - merely by coming back, or opening your eyes. You may feel frozen for a bit, but that's just your energy fully acclimatizing back to your body. But this is just my own experience. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Elouia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the forum

Firstly, you can't NOT be spiritual regardless of whether you're meditating or doing any other spiritual practice. We're all spiritual so you haven't failed in anyway. Meditation takes time and patience. I used to struggle with it but once I took the pressure off I found it much easier. Now i don't worry about meeting guides or eliminating thoughts or whatever else - whatever happens, happens. Meditation is about sitting with yourself and seeing what happens.

It sounds like you had a lucid experience. False awakenings are common with them. It doesn't sound at all like a bad spirit. Tingling sensations are energy and I get them a lot both during meditation and in dreans. It is very common to experience it during sleep paralysis which is also linked to lucid dreaming. Everyone gets sleep paralysis as it occurs every single night while we are dreaming but few people are actually conscious of it because usually our minds are sleep when the body is. Some people say that during sleep paralysis the soul leaves the body and the tingling can be linked to that. I don't know if that's true. Regardless, tingling is simply energy and energy sensations take many different forms and may be spirit, may not be. It's highly unlikely to be anything negative. When the mind is frightened it tends to attach negative ideas to what it doesn't understand.

Try not to be scared because fearful thoughts get tangled up and make things worse. Just be with what you experience and remember you yourself are spirit and can't be hurt in anyway. Try surrounding yourself with white light and reaffirming you are a child of the Divine.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. >w<~! It helps a lot. =3 I'll try not to be too worried. I use to never be worried about this stuff before. But now I just am a bit nervous when it comes to being too spiritual due to seeing the shadows and such. It reminds me of ghosts lol. D: but I'll have to get over that thought if I want to succeed. I'll continue trying~ =3
Old 01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Elouia

Quote:
Originally Posted by santacruz18
From what I have told, fear will block you. What are you afraid of? Before you meditate you should surround your self with white light and say a protection prayer.

Yeah. I know fear will. =< I'm not even sure honestly. I've never been fearful before, but I stopped meditating for about a year and now I just fear things going wrong. owo But I'm trying my best to overcome that thought so I can open up~

And thanks, I'll do that. =3
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Elouia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
My two cents; you're describing a classic out of body experience. If you look at the books of Robert Monroe, you'll find the identical description of tingling just prior or just after the experience. I can't vouch for whatever you see during your out of body experience - I've had my own, and I can tell you i've had the same experience - not being able to move, then that fear transferring itself to some other fear. But I've learned to just "go with it" as there's no danger of becoming disconnected from your body during an OBE, you're always connected by a thin thread no matter where you go or what happens. And its happening for a reason, so it never hurts to check it out. and if you do see something that's scary (I saw a troll/gargoyle once or at least thought I did) just remember that you're a powerful individual - no harm can come to you, and you can dissolve, or whisk away whatever appears in front of you - merely by coming back, or opening your eyes. You may feel frozen for a bit, but that's just your energy fully acclimatizing back to your body. But this is just my own experience. Good luck!

Interesting. =O I'm glad I'm not the only one. And are you sure there's no danger? I've heard that when you have an OBE, you're body is at risk for other spirits to take over and stuff. That's what I worry about the most when I meditate. >_<;; I don't want anything negative coming into my body.

I'm trying me best to go over the fear though~ I know I won't meditate well until I do. Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it. =3 It also helps me feel a bit better when it comes to meditating.