Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Master
spirtualist church in addition to the other suggestions made here
Old 25-01-2011, 10:48 PM
ct0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDivine
If you are truly ready to have that connection, then just trust that the universe is already working to bring it to you.

Agree with you 100% Divine and I am in an extremely similar situation picses (same age group, always going out etc). basicly I found to just meet people when I was doing what I normally do: going to gigs, party's, circles of friends intersecting etc. The beauty of it is you do not need to dramatically change your life/social life out of unwillingness yet can still frequently embrace the spiritual side of life. You will enevitably encounter people of like minds' as long your always willing to meet new people and branch out of activities which confine you to the same, spiritually incoherent people.
Old 26-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
It's hard to find people who don't want to either try to lead you (no shortage of spiritually ambitious types out there) or follow you . I suppose I am past most of those tendencies now , in geezerhood, because I don't attract poeple with those m.o.'s much anymore. My wife and I don't have much tolerance for either , because we see everyone as sovereign beings who a) don't need our help, and b) can't lead us . She has gone through several experiences with groups where she does all the stuff and even more than the
higher-ups, and then they resent that things are so easy for her . We don't really work directly with others anymore , for these and other reasons; me talking smack online is about it . I'm a chatterbox when I get an idea and a keyboard in front of me, while she is a background operator ; rarely seen but doing big things behind the scenes . But back to the question ... it will help a lot to find people with a similar reality-view, obviously ; harmony is a most desirable quality for interacting with others. Lately I've been finding many opportunities to become more openminded and accepting of how other people see things , trying to see 'the big picture' of what we all have in common , and not allow myself to create enemies , even though I disagree strongly with some people's ideas. So my approach , as far as interacting with people on boards like this, is to find things I am aligned with and elaborate on them . Looking for things I disagree with , and then trying to convice somebody that they're wrong is not my idea of a spiritual directive. This board seems like a pretty good place , from what little I've seen . At least it's big enough so that there's elbow room in case I get too close for comfort . I found it by searching for "spiritual forums" out of the blue . How d'ya like that ?!. It felt like time to find some new stomping grounds , and so far, so good. Enough about me , though . Best of fortune on your quest, follow your spirit and your instincts .
Old 27-01-2011, 01:27 AM
dogninja

It sucks to feel isolated when you have spiritual issues. i spend most of my time alone as well. I did the meetup thing, and you will be able to find some cool people. it may take a bit, but you will.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:18 AM
piscespower96

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and suggestions! In the past, I found that people (friends, relationships, etc.) were attracted to me at the right moments. When I felt ready, when I was looking for them. But, so far, at this stage in my spiritual growth, that has not happened yet and I am having a hard time finding any sort of community. I am going to keep trying and follow some of these helpful suggestions but also stay patient and trust that when it's supposed to happen it will. I've had a lot happen to me the past few days that I need to reflect on and perhaps this is a time for me to appreciate my solitude and use it to grow in new ways.

Supernova, I understand where you are coming from. I think there are many spiritual activities that are solitary and there is much to be learned from just spending time alone. However, I definitely think having a like-minded community can be a great asset to spiritual growth. I believe we are placed on this Earth with other beings in order to learn and grow from them, and sometimes with them. Spirituality can be found both alone and with others. Maybe it's the time for me to be finding it alone but it does help (at least for me) to have a community.

Thanks again for all the suggestions! I've been getting involved in more clubs in my school including a few free exercises classes (and yoga!) and I'm looking to attend a meeting I saw on meetup.com. I know patience is key :)
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Gauss

My advice would be that you check out Falun Dafa self-cultivation, based on Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance in daily life.

This is mind and body cultivation at the highest level and the benefits will be noticed in a very short time if you try it a little bit. Also there are people across the world who practice, it is all free and you can come and leave the practice site as you wish.

As far as I see it Falun Dafa is the land of purity where people can truly ascend and become better people by working on themselves.

Please check out the book Zhuan Falun and the exercises here:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/books.html

http://www.falundafa.org/bul/audio-video/audiovideo_video.html

Local practice sites across the world:

http://www.falundafa.org/eng/contacts/area/index.html

Wish you good luck in your quest for truth!

/Gauss
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Master
Unfortunately living a spiritual lifestyle can be a very lonely path. It does get a little easier with time but you are choosing a path with very few people on it. Even worse you can expect to find a great many skeptics and fakes along the way. My father had such hard time finding a spiritual community that he started one. I am looking to do the same thing here very soon. Other than that I have had to content myself with rare and passing encounters with spiritual people.

Basically, it will take some commitment on your part to find some spiritual folk in your area. Most of us tend to keep to ourselves so finding more than one or two will be tough. In fact, despite growing up around my father's school, I have only met a handful of true seekers in my 36 years. Fortunately we DO have this wonderful forum, where we can check in for a dose of support and understanding.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 02-02-2011, 02:02 AM
piscespower96

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Unfortunately living a spiritual lifestyle can be a very lonely path. It does get a little easier with time but you are choosing a path with very few people on it. Even worse you can expect to find a great many skeptics and fakes along the way. My father had such hard time finding a spiritual community that he started one. I am looking to do the same thing here very soon. Other than that I have had to content myself with rare and passing encounters with spiritual people.

Basically, it will take some commitment on your part to find some spiritual folk in your area. Most of us tend to keep to ourselves so finding more than one or two will be tough. In fact, despite growing up around my father's school, I have only met a handful of true seekers in my 36 years. Fortunately we DO have this wonderful forum, where we can check in for a dose of support and understanding.

With Love,
athribiristan

That is something my sister always tells me. She also tells me how lucky we are to have each other as most "spiritual" people (at least with the ideas my sister and I have) are truly looked upon as crazy by most people. She is definitely on a higher vibrational level than I am so it's even more difficult for her but she doesn't do too bad!

One of the perks of the Internet :). When you say "true seekers" what do you mean? I feel like a seeker but at this point in my life I don't even completely know what I'm seeking for... I just know that things are lacking in my own life, in the lives of others, in our entire world... and spirituality has been teaching me a new way of living that truly brings happiness. What defines a true seeker for you?
Old 03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Master

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
white_monarch

You could try just trying to meet new people. Ask your guides to lead you to more spiritual people. Though you may not even have to ask. I was lucky enough to run into all the ones who've helped me.