Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-01-2011, 01:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyHurt
Thank you for your reply to me
Yes, I would say I do feel like that ... blended in a rainbow, somewhere between the colours, when it comes to this feeling that I feel for this person ... and its the most peculiar thing .

I agree with you. I went through my experience and now its time for me to take from it what I will. However, all I can seem to take from it is confusion and fear.

I feel like I did walk the path that was put before me, concerning this. I walked it ... but it only brought out confusion ... I guess because thats what I took from it, obviously. Im only confused though, because I just do not understand. I do not understand my experience or anything about it .

I know I wont have all the answers now but ... I just wish I ad at least HALF of them .

Hi Eternally

Tell me if I get this right. You're fairly new to all this Spiritual stuff, then you get smacked upside the head with this profound experience and it's knocked you sideways. Is that about the gist?

I would say your answer is in your original post - "... and for some odd reason, as I was doing this, I felt something inside of my soul ... it was strong . It felt like an "inner knowing" of something ... " "Inner Knowing." For most people - and you might include yourself in this one - tend to run with what's taught to them - external stuff becoming internal. Suddenly the whole process is turned around and there's this new understanding that you can't get your head around. It's called Gnosis - which basically means you know without knowing how you knew. Go back to the colours of the rainbow, and there you will find your answer. I can't say for sure, but what I reckon is happening is your consciousness is shifting between this realm and the next - for reasons of simplicity. That's perhaps the scary bit for you because (possibly??) it has never happened to you before. Now that your mind is fully in physical mode, it's having a hard time trying to understand what it was - hence the fear and confusion.

For what it's worth, I would say that you've connected to something that many only aspire to. What you do with it now is entirely your choice, but what you experienced happened for a reason. I believe you were shown this to let you know you are more than you thought you were, that there are things you can connect to without much difficulty. For you perhaps, it's something akin to the difference between talking about your Spirituality and experiencing it. What you experienced is a part of you or you are a part of it, depending on your perspective. It's the connection to some hidden part of you that you never had thought possible.

How you move on from here is entirely your choice. You can choose to ignore it and put it to the back of your mind, put it down to... anything you like. Or you can go back there and explore it if you can overcome your fear and confusion, because that is where you will find your answers. If it's any consolation, you're not alone in having this kind of experience :-)
Old 28-01-2011, 12:53 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Hi Eternally

Tell me if I get this right. You're fairly new to all this Spiritual stuff, then you get smacked upside the head with this profound experience and it's knocked you sideways. Is that about the gist?

I would say your answer is in your original post - "... and for some odd reason, as I was doing this, I felt something inside of my soul ... it was strong . It felt like an "inner knowing" of something ... " "Inner Knowing." For most people - and you might include yourself in this one - tend to run with what's taught to them - external stuff becoming internal. Suddenly the whole process is turned around and there's this new understanding that you can't get your head around. It's called Gnosis - which basically means you know without knowing how you knew. Go back to the colours of the rainbow, and there you will find your answer. I can't say for sure, but what I reckon is happening is your consciousness is shifting between this realm and the next - for reasons of simplicity. That's perhaps the scary bit for you because (possibly??) it has never happened to you before. Now that your mind is fully in physical mode, it's having a hard time trying to understand what it was - hence the fear and confusion.

For what it's worth, I would say that you've connected to something that many only aspire to. What you do with it now is entirely your choice, but what you experienced happened for a reason. I believe you were shown this to let you know you are more than you thought you were, that there are things you can connect to without much difficulty. For you perhaps, it's something akin to the difference between talking about your Spirituality and experiencing it. What you experienced is a part of you or you are a part of it, depending on your perspective. It's the connection to some hidden part of you that you never had thought possible.

How you move on from here is entirely your choice. You can choose to ignore it and put it to the back of your mind, put it down to... anything you like. Or you can go back there and explore it if you can overcome your fear and confusion, because that is where you will find your answers. If it's any consolation, you're not alone in having this kind of experience :-)

Thank you so much for replying back to me
I must tell you, you are EXACTLY right, dead on. I do feel like thats the gist of how I look at my experience ... a person doesnt know hardly anything about spirituality and then BAM! All of a sudden, they embark on a spiritual journey .
Its kind of like, it was intended without being intended ..
I have to admit, I am one of those people who run with what was taught to me and I feel like no matter how much I try to stray away from it, I never can 1OO percent ... and let me just say that some of this spiritual stuff that Im learning does NOT really fit into what I was taught . So yes, I think that could have something to do with my complications when it comes to spirituality . Some of the things that I were taught just dont cover enough spirituality ... I feel like that about "religion" ... its kind of biased, and what people dont realize is, there is other things and spirits out there .. religion isnt SPIRITUAL enough ..
Anyway, sorry to get off topic lol .
You are very right ... my spiritual experience has most definitely turned the tables on me! I didnt know things like it existed until I experienced it .
I feel like exactly what you stated : " ... consciousness shifting between this realm and the next ... " thats very accurate for me. I feel like Im like that as a person as well ... a part of me is here on Earth and then another part of me isnt on Earth .. its very complicated.
Youre right, this spiritual experience of mine has thrown me for a loop because it has never happened to me before ... and though we are often intrigued by the unknown, we are also frightened of it as well, I know I am !
I could be wrong, but I get the notion that you are in favor of my experience .. and that makes me feel good for some reason ..
Its nice to have people who you can relate to ... people who will understand you without placing judgment on you and thinking your nuts.
*Sigh*
I want to believe that my experience happened for a reason, other than just to simply torture me ... as funny as it might sound, thats the only reason that I have been able to come up with ... -_-
However, the spirit in question did apologize for any confusion that he caused me and I appreciated that .. he let me know that he just wanted me to know that he was around and cared and loved me ... but that he didnt mean to confuse me, basically ...

I have tried to ignore this spiritual part of me many times in the past ... but I am finding that I keep coming back to it for some reason. One minute I can ignore it and the next minute, Im back trying to figure things out..

Thank you so much for all of your insight and guidance. All of your posts to me have been exactly what I have been searching for - opinion and guidance, insight . Thank you so much for your consolation as well, it really did help and I want you to know that I truly do appreciate it .
Old 29-01-2011, 06:39 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
Well it sounds like you are connecting to the person. Do you feel as if, they are you, or they are a part of you? Sometimes, with different soul mates and such, we can feel a strong feeling that we "are" them, because we are so similar to them. I remember i went through a long period of my life, thinking one of my spirit guides had so much in common with me, i thought i was insane, thinking maybe he was me or my imagination, but turns out we just have a LOT in common, and go way back, to ancient days.
You have to figure out what the “bond” is, and I think you will find that from looking within, listening to the feelings, or even the person. It’s hard for me to tell, because I don’t know who this person is to you, if they are related or what.
Another note: dreams are usually significant, not just fiction.
I entirely do believe the saying “the eyes are windows to the soul” I can look into any ones eyes and know everything about them, read them, and that’s usually how I heal people, I don’t tend to make eye contact because of such. You can get a lot of information from the eyes, even in photographs.

Yeah, it’s hard to learn to trust intuition, but the first step is getting over the fear, then letting go and opening up to trust. Like, what do you feel is going on? And what is the first thought, and feeling that comes to mind?
Even if you don't quite want to believe in your intuition for reasons, you can still play around with it, and have fun with it. Just practice it. Ask yourself questions, empty your mind, and write down the first thought and feeling, reaction you get. You don't have to agree with it in the end, but you never know, you may come up with a brainstorm of interesting ideas that way.

I'm not sure if you're open to speaking with the spirit again, seeing as you blocked it off, but that could resolve a lot of things. If the spirit told you it knew you before you were incarnated, it's probably true. The only time you should question a spirit, is if you get bad vibes from them.
What are the reasons you did not believe the spirit?
yeah i've had my share of confusing experiences posted on here, it's always great when people help by putting their two cents in! :) Lol but in the end, i usually found out my answers by myself. It's great to get the ideas going, get you thinking, analyzing and sorting out all the confusion. Hopefully you figure out things soon enough.

Wow, I am just now seeing this post !! Lol ..
Thank you for answering me again
YES! I do feel that way, EXACTLY. When I look at this person in their eyes, I feel as if they ARE me and its crazy because I know thats not true, obviously lol. But I do feel that way, thats the best way to explain the feeling.
Its like, I can just look into this persons' eyes and something inside of me will automatically click, but since the "inner knowing" is coming from WITHIN me, my physical self is completely puzzled over what I exactly feel ... hope Im making sense to you lol .
This person who I am speaking about is not related to me at all ...
The funny thing about it is, I feel about this person how I felt about the spirit who visited me ... I feel love in every kind of way for each, the spirit and the person. The spirit claimed to be the person who I am talking about, so its kind of weird ...
The spirit looked like me in a non physical way, but the spirit also looked like the person . The person looks like me also in a non physical way as well .
I am not the type who can read a person just by looking into their eyes, so thats why I find it kind of strange that I feel this "inner knowing" inside of me when I look at this in particular person ..
When I look at the person, the first thing that comes to mind differs depending on what they are doing or what kind of picture/image I see. But when I look at the person sometimes, the first thought that comes to my mind is how they look like me in their eyes ... they look like me in such a way that is kind of frustrating because I cant really explain it in a way where another person would understand.
I never got bad vibes from the spirit who visited me ... and I actually grew to love it very much. Sometimes, I feel like a nut saying I love a spirit LOL because you dont hear that alot from most people. But we are all spirits anyway. But yeah, I never felt bad vibes coming from the spirit.
I didnt believe the spirit because I do not know how to trust things like this easily . I was always fine and happy when the spirit would visit, but when it would leave, for some reason, I started to doubt and become fearful and things. I became very confused because I never experienced anything like this before. The spirit apologized for confusing me. The spirit said it only wanted me to know that it was around me and that it cared and loved me.
But that still did not make me relax, I was still confused and fearful about my experience.
Thank you so much, I hope I can figure things out soon as well ! Lol ... yeah, I always like to hear other peoples' opinions on my experiences
Old 29-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thank you so much for replying back to me
I must tell you, you are EXACTLY right, dead on. I do feel like thats the gist of how I look at my experience ... a person doesnt know hardly anything about spirituality and then BAM! All of a sudden, they embark on a spiritual journey .
Its kind of like, it was intended without being intended ..
I have to admit, I am one of those people who run with what was taught to me and I feel like no matter how much I try to stray away from it, I never can 1OO percent ... and let me just say that some of this spiritual stuff that Im learning does NOT really fit into what I was taught . So yes, I think that could have something to do with my complications when it comes to spirituality . Some of the things that I were taught just dont cover enough spirituality ... I feel like that about "religion" ... its kind of biased, and what people dont realize is, there is other things and spirits out there .. religion isnt SPIRITUAL enough ..
Anyway, sorry to get off topic lol .
You are very right ... my spiritual experience has most definitely turned the tables on me! I didnt know things like it existed until I experienced it .
I feel like exactly what you stated : " ... consciousness shifting between this realm and the next ... " thats very accurate for me. I feel like Im like that as a person as well ... a part of me is here on Earth and then another part of me isnt on Earth .. its very complicated.
Youre right, this spiritual experience of mine has thrown me for a loop because it has never happened to me before ... and though we are often intrigued by the unknown, we are also frightened of it as well, I know I am !
I could be wrong, but I get the notion that you are in favor of my experience .. and that makes me feel good for some reason ..
Its nice to have people who you can relate to ... people who will understand you without placing judgment on you and thinking your nuts.
*Sigh*
I want to believe that my experience happened for a reason, other than just to simply torture me ... as funny as it might sound, thats the only reason that I have been able to come up with ... -_-
However, the spirit in question did apologize for any confusion that he caused me and I appreciated that .. he let me know that he just wanted me to know that he was around and cared and loved me ... but that he didnt mean to confuse me, basically ...

I have tried to ignore this spiritual part of me many times in the past ... but I am finding that I keep coming back to it for some reason. One minute I can ignore it and the next minute, Im back trying to figure things out..

Thank you so much for all of your insight and guidance. All of your posts to me have been exactly what I have been searching for - opinion and guidance, insight . Thank you so much for your consolation as well, it really did help and I want you to know that I truly do appreciate it .

Hi Eternally,

You're most welcome. Believe me, I know what it's like when someone makes sense of what you have inside:-)

Seems to me there's a huge part of you that won't be ignored, which is why it keeps on coming back. What you do with it now is entirely up to you. From what you've said, the Spirit you were talking to was quite compassionate and empathised with you so that's a step in the right direction. Sometimes when you start this stuff off, all you have is your own feelings and you can learn to trust them. But one step at a time. The other thing is that you're trying to understand it with a part of you that can't possibly. The only way your mind will understand the experience is after you've had it. What you should be getting now is that there is a place between the colours, and you can connect with Spirit (as Cigala has said). If you choose to go back there, you may not get the same one but the chances are pretty good you will. Spirit understands our human frailties, and if you get the right Spirit (which sounds like you did) then they will work with you on that basis. Spirits have a lot more patience than we do. At least now you know you can 'get there' and what a good Spirit feels like, so if nothing else it's a huge step in the right direction.

Don't try to understand too much of your experience right now. Fear and confusion comes when you don't understand what it was about or where it could have taken you. Still your mind and bring it back to the experience you had, and don't let your mind go any further. This happened and that's it. There is no more because it didn't happen, so what did you get from what did happen? Remember the experience and how you felt then, not what you feel now through the confusion and fear. That is all you can understand - for now anyway. As for the rest of it, the answers lie on your Path - if you choose to walk it. That's the only place you will find them. You had the experience, you met a nice Spirit and you came back in one piece. The next step - if you go there - is to find out if you meet that same Spirit or not and learn to trust in yourself and them. If you make the effort, Spirit will meet you half-way and understand how you feel. It might even be worth trying to explain to the Spirit how you feel, they will understand but it's more for your benefit than their's. Even if you reconnect and just stay for a short visit, every time you do it'll get easier and better, and you'll understand more. When you feel comfortable enough, then you can move on.

You make the choices, Eternally, and nobody else. Each baby step is about experiencing and learning from that experience. It's a Journey and your choice to make it or not. But sometimes we look so long and hard for the answers and when the chance comes to find out where they are it scares the wotsits out of us :-) There's no shame in being human after all.
Old 31-01-2011, 06:05 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Hi Eternally,

You're most welcome. Believe me, I know what it's like when someone makes sense of what you have inside:-)

Seems to me there's a huge part of you that won't be ignored, which is why it keeps on coming back. What you do with it now is entirely up to you. From what you've said, the Spirit you were talking to was quite compassionate and empathised with you so that's a step in the right direction. Sometimes when you start this stuff off, all you have is your own feelings and you can learn to trust them. But one step at a time. The other thing is that you're trying to understand it with a part of you that can't possibly. The only way your mind will understand the experience is after you've had it. What you should be getting now is that there is a place between the colours, and you can connect with Spirit (as Cigala has said). If you choose to go back there, you may not get the same one but the chances are pretty good you will. Spirit understands our human frailties, and if you get the right Spirit (which sounds like you did) then they will work with you on that basis. Spirits have a lot more patience than we do. At least now you know you can 'get there' and what a good Spirit feels like, so if nothing else it's a huge step in the right direction.

Don't try to understand too much of your experience right now. Fear and confusion comes when you don't understand what it was about or where it could have taken you. Still your mind and bring it back to the experience you had, and don't let your mind go any further. This happened and that's it. There is no more because it didn't happen, so what did you get from what did happen? Remember the experience and how you felt then, not what you feel now through the confusion and fear. That is all you can understand - for now anyway. As for the rest of it, the answers lie on your Path - if you choose to walk it. That's the only place you will find them. You had the experience, you met a nice Spirit and you came back in one piece. The next step - if you go there - is to find out if you meet that same Spirit or not and learn to trust in yourself and them. If you make the effort, Spirit will meet you half-way and understand how you feel. It might even be worth trying to explain to the Spirit how you feel, they will understand but it's more for your benefit than their's. Even if you reconnect and just stay for a short visit, every time you do it'll get easier and better, and you'll understand more. When you feel comfortable enough, then you can move on.

You make the choices, Eternally, and nobody else. Each baby step is about experiencing and learning from that experience. It's a Journey and your choice to make it or not. But sometimes we look so long and hard for the answers and when the chance comes to find out where they are it scares the wotsits out of us :-) There's no shame in being human after all.

Yes, it feels so good to talk to someone who is open and who understands

I think your right . Spirituality is a part of who I am ... I believe its a part of everybody, but not everybody chooses to explore it . Anyway, sometimes I try to just ignore certain parts of me because theyre too confusing to me and it gets frustrating. However, as you said, the parts of me I try to ignore always come back. I think youre right .. thats my biggest problem. Trying to understand the whole thing. I guess I feel like since this spiritual encounter just kind of snuck up on me, that I deserve some kind of explanation for it.
The Spirit knew and understood how I felt .. but from my understanding, the Spirit loved me and I loved it, so that made it a little hard to stay completely away .. I always ended up wanting the Spirit to come back to me everytime it would leave .. but it always caused me confusion. Nowadays, Spirit isnt around .. but other spiritual things are still happening to me .. as a matter of fact, I had somewhat of a spiritual encounter yesterday ..
I guess you are right about Spirits being patient with us, because this Spirit that I am talking to you about was very patient with me . However, I always thought that negative spirits were the ones who often were impatient and would end up being pushy or aggressive ...
Still, I get confused on whether the Spirit I was talking to was a positive Spirit or a negative Spirit, because I know that negative Spirits can trick us ... and thats what messes my head up A LOT. I do not know how to tell the difference between a positive Spirit and a Spirit who is only pretending to be positive. People say to pay attention to the energy of the Spirit, but I am not good with all of that stuff. So, it is rather confusing for me, to say the LEAST.
If you do not mind me asking, what makes you feel or believe or think that the Spirit I encountered was a good one? Now that I look at what I just asked you, it kind of seems like a dumb question ... lol ... but I guess I am asking you that because like I said, I can not tell the difference between a positive Spirit and a Spirit who is only pretending to be positive .
I am not good at detecting energies that well, I dont think, but I did not feel any evil or anything wrong from the Spirit. I loved the Spirit very much, though it caused me to be confused ... it said it didnt mean to confuse me and it apologized, so I cant really blame it ... especially trying to put myself in Spirits shoes .
You are right. Fear and confusion do result from not being able to understand an experience. I dont try to understand my experience .. I just get frustrated that Im not even able to understand it. I feel like I dont have the capacity to even try to understand it and it frustrates me .
I see what you are saying, but the problem is, what I got from the bit that I did experience with Spirit was confusion. I think that might be all I took from my experience, unfortunately. When I was going through the experience, I felt really good and wholesome ... I hate to put it like that, "wholesome" but thats how I felt, honestly. Its difficult to remember that good, wholesome feeling that I felt because now that Spirit is gone, I do not feel those feelings anymore because I would only feel them when Spirit was visiting me. Not that I dont feel good without Spirit, thats not what Im saying at all. What I am saying though is that, when I was with Spirit, I felt good in a way that I cant explain. It wasnt your typical "good" feeling, it was a feeling that was "out of this world" . It might be one of the best feelings I ever felt in my life as well as the love. I never felt love like the Spirit gave me . But its hard for me to remember all the feelings I felt while I was with Spirit, because Im not with Spirit anymore.
Nowadays, I am finding that I am having spiritual encounters with the PERSON who I have also been talking about in my threads, again. The Spirit claimed to be this person ... and this person is still causing me to have spiritual experiences . This person is dead ... I think you already knew that, but just thought I would give you a quick reminder.

Youre right AGAIN, I must say LOL .
I feel like Im the type of person who can look so long and hard for an answer when it could be right in front of me .
My problem is, as I have stated before, is I dont know how to TRUST . I dont even know how to begin to do that .

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I did "learn" something from my experience ... but I dont think it is good ...
Ever since my experience happened, I make it point to never let something like it happen again. I dont know if that is shutting myself off in an area or what, but I just do not want to feel the pain of being confused and in fear again. Especially when I havent even figured out this experience yet. I dont want to have to deal with a similar one or another one.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Yes, it feels so good to talk to someone who is open and who understands

I think your right . Spirituality is a part of who I am ... I believe its a part of everybody, but not everybody chooses to explore it . Anyway, sometimes I try to just ignore certain parts of me because theyre too confusing to me and it gets frustrating. However, as you said, the parts of me I try to ignore always come back. I think youre right .. thats my biggest problem. Trying to understand the whole thing. I guess I feel like since this spiritual encounter just kind of snuck up on me, that I deserve some kind of explanation for it.
The Spirit knew and understood how I felt .. but from my understanding, the Spirit loved me and I loved it, so that made it a little hard to stay completely away .. I always ended up wanting the Spirit to come back to me everytime it would leave .. but it always caused me confusion. Nowadays, Spirit isnt around .. but other spiritual things are still happening to me .. as a matter of fact, I had somewhat of a spiritual encounter yesterday ..
I guess you are right about Spirits being patient with us, because this Spirit that I am talking to you about was very patient with me . However, I always thought that negative spirits were the ones who often were impatient and would end up being pushy or aggressive ...
Still, I get confused on whether the Spirit I was talking to was a positive Spirit or a negative Spirit, because I know that negative Spirits can trick us ... and thats what messes my head up A LOT. I do not know how to tell the difference between a positive Spirit and a Spirit who is only pretending to be positive. People say to pay attention to the energy of the Spirit, but I am not good with all of that stuff. So, it is rather confusing for me, to say the LEAST.
If you do not mind me asking, what makes you feel or believe or think that the Spirit I encountered was a good one? Now that I look at what I just asked you, it kind of seems like a dumb question ... lol ... but I guess I am asking you that because like I said, I can not tell the difference between a positive Spirit and a Spirit who is only pretending to be positive .
I am not good at detecting energies that well, I dont think, but I did not feel any evil or anything wrong from the Spirit. I loved the Spirit very much, though it caused me to be confused ... it said it didnt mean to confuse me and it apologized, so I cant really blame it ... especially trying to put myself in Spirits shoes .
You are right. Fear and confusion do result from not being able to understand an experience. I dont try to understand my experience .. I just get frustrated that Im not even able to understand it. I feel like I dont have the capacity to even try to understand it and it frustrates me .
I see what you are saying, but the problem is, what I got from the bit that I did experience with Spirit was confusion. I think that might be all I took from my experience, unfortunately. When I was going through the experience, I felt really good and wholesome ... I hate to put it like that, "wholesome" but thats how I felt, honestly. Its difficult to remember that good, wholesome feeling that I felt because now that Spirit is gone, I do not feel those feelings anymore because I would only feel them when Spirit was visiting me. Not that I dont feel good without Spirit, thats not what Im saying at all. What I am saying though is that, when I was with Spirit, I felt good in a way that I cant explain. It wasnt your typical "good" feeling, it was a feeling that was "out of this world" . It might be one of the best feelings I ever felt in my life as well as the love. I never felt love like the Spirit gave me . But its hard for me to remember all the feelings I felt while I was with Spirit, because Im not with Spirit anymore.
Nowadays, I am finding that I am having spiritual encounters with the PERSON who I have also been talking about in my threads, again. The Spirit claimed to be this person ... and this person is still causing me to have spiritual experiences . This person is dead ... I think you already knew that, but just thought I would give you a quick reminder.

Youre right AGAIN, I must say LOL .
I feel like Im the type of person who can look so long and hard for an answer when it could be right in front of me .
My problem is, as I have stated before, is I dont know how to TRUST . I dont even know how to begin to do that .

Actually, now that I think about it, I think I did "learn" something from my experience ... but I dont think it is good ...
Ever since my experience happened, I make it point to never let something like it happen again. I dont know if that is shutting myself off in an area or what, but I just do not want to feel the pain of being confused and in fear again. Especially when I havent even figured out this experience yet. I dont want to have to deal with a similar one or another one.

Well, Spirit might one day tap you on the shoulder and say "You know that encounter we had that day? Here's the reasons for it......" Whether that's actually going to happen or not I can't say for sure and definite, but my money's on it not happening. What good would an explanation do, really? Would you accept it or would you have more questions and doubts? It seems to me as though you would have even more doubts because in one sentence you say you got this from it, in the next you throw all of that into doubt again. You said you felt Love from the Spirit, not much after that you say you can't tell the difference between a positive and a negative Spirit. That seems to be a contradiction to me, if you don't mind me saying. Yes, Spirits can come across as positive and negative and do all sorts of things to mess around with your senses, but we're not talking every Spirit here. What we're talking about is that particular Spirit, for whom you felt Love and (if I get this right) felt Love in return for you. It's not about every Spirit and their cat, it's about this one, single Spirit. Deal with it on that basis, the next Spirit that comes along is a different Spirit. It's not the Spirit that's confusing here but what you're thinking. If Love is what you felt then it was Love. While there's no doubt some Spirits can 'fake that', it doesn't take a huge amount to see through that particular veil. True Love can't be faked.

You said - " guess you are right about Spirits being patient with us, because this Spirit that I am talking to you about was very patient with me . However, I always thought that negative spirits were the ones who often were impatient and would end up being pushy or aggressive ..." And you're still confused???? If it was a negative Spirit they'd have been long gone by now. Maybe they'll try a few times but they'd give up soon enough and move on to easier pickings.

I believe everyone picks up on energies, whether they are aware of it or not. The energies Spirit or other people can cause reactions in ourselves, sometimes we like or dislike a person for no apparent reason but I believe this is our human reaction to what we pick up from them. I reckon that if the Spirit was anything but good alarm bells would have gone off somewhere and you would probably have ran for the hills - and you's still be running. Sometimes a positive Spirit doesn't feel right, and that doesn't have to be a problem. It doesn't have to mean they're evil, it just means their energies don't resonate too well with yours. Being cautious is a good thing and Spirit will understand that. Being paranoid that because some Spirits are bad and that means every Spirit can be isn't too conducive to anything at all. How do I know it was a good Spirit? It might just be my perception and prone to not being right, but what I got was good energies from what you've written. And no, I hadn't forgotten that this person has passed over. In fact, it makes sense in light of what you've said. When they were 'alive' there would have been a deep connection, but now they're in Spirit they can twang those strings a bit more and you;re getting what you're getting now.

Seems to me that once again you've answered your own questions. When you were having the experience - between the colours of the rainbow - you felt "wholesome". If Spirituality is a part of you and you were in 'Spiritual mode'. it's little wonder you felt that way. then you came back into 'human mode', your brain kicks in and it all goes sideways on you. A medium friend of mine says she uses two heads. When things don't make sense to her human head, she puts on her Spiritual head and things suddenly get a whole lot clearer. You should try it one day, just don't expect that arm to come from the clouds and feed all the understanding straight into your brain.

So you think you didn't get much from the experience other than fear and confusion. If I may be so bold and beg to differ........... If fear and confusion is all you see from this experience then maybe that's all you'll ever see - or want to see. If that's how you want your Spiritual Journey to end then that's how it will end. However, I reckon there's something inside of you niggling away, like an itch you can't scratch. I doubt it'll be too long before you decide it's a place where you don't want to be and you'll want to go back there - if you don't already. I could say that the fear and confusion is an obstacle, but obstacles can be Journeys as well - if you choose to see them that way. It seems that behind the perceived obstacle there is a world where you would rather be, one where there is at least one single Soul that wants to connect with you on that level and who Loves you - and you Love them. Perhaps the point of the experience wasn't to give you some kind of personally-apocalyptic paradigm shift in your Spirituality, perhaps it was simply there to find out if you are going to use the feelings you had when you were with Spirit to get around that barrier. That is only for you to decide. You can use them if you choose to, and you've had a glimpse of what is waiting for you on the other side. This side fear and confusion, that side wholesome. The question is, do you want to stay on the side of fear and doubt or do you want to feel wholesome again?

And before you go there, if it felt real to you then was real :-)
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 AM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
Well, Spirit might one day tap you on the shoulder and say "You know that encounter we had that day? Here's the reasons for it......" Whether that's actually going to happen or not I can't say for sure and definite, but my money's on it not happening. What good would an explanation do, really? Would you accept it or would you have more questions and doubts? It seems to me as though you would have even more doubts because in one sentence you say you got this from it, in the next you throw all of that into doubt again. You said you felt Love from the Spirit, not much after that you say you can't tell the difference between a positive and a negative Spirit. That seems to be a contradiction to me, if you don't mind me saying. Yes, Spirits can come across as positive and negative and do all sorts of things to mess around with your senses, but we're not talking every Spirit here. What we're talking about is that particular Spirit, for whom you felt Love and (if I get this right) felt Love in return for you. It's not about every Spirit and their cat, it's about this one, single Spirit. Deal with it on that basis, the next Spirit that comes along is a different Spirit. It's not the Spirit that's confusing here but what you're thinking. If Love is what you felt then it was Love. While there's no doubt some Spirits can 'fake that', it doesn't take a huge amount to see through that particular veil. True Love can't be faked.

You said - " guess you are right about Spirits being patient with us, because this Spirit that I am talking to you about was very patient with me . However, I always thought that negative spirits were the ones who often were impatient and would end up being pushy or aggressive ..." And you're still confused???? If it was a negative Spirit they'd have been long gone by now. Maybe they'll try a few times but they'd give up soon enough and move on to easier pickings.

I believe everyone picks up on energies, whether they are aware of it or not. The energies Spirit or other people can cause reactions in ourselves, sometimes we like or dislike a person for no apparent reason but I believe this is our human reaction to what we pick up from them. I reckon that if the Spirit was anything but good alarm bells would have gone off somewhere and you would probably have ran for the hills - and you's still be running. Sometimes a positive Spirit doesn't feel right, and that doesn't have to be a problem. It doesn't have to mean they're evil, it just means their energies don't resonate too well with yours. Being cautious is a good thing and Spirit will understand that. Being paranoid that because some Spirits are bad and that means every Spirit can be isn't too conducive to anything at all. How do I know it was a good Spirit? It might just be my perception and prone to not being right, but what I got was good energies from what you've written. And no, I hadn't forgotten that this person has passed over. In fact, it makes sense in light of what you've said. When they were 'alive' there would have been a deep connection, but now they're in Spirit they can twang those strings a bit more and you;re getting what you're getting now.

Seems to me that once again you've answered your own questions. When you were having the experience - between the colours of the rainbow - you felt "wholesome". If Spirituality is a part of you and you were in 'Spiritual mode'. it's little wonder you felt that way. then you came back into 'human mode', your brain kicks in and it all goes sideways on you. A medium friend of mine says she uses two heads. When things don't make sense to her human head, she puts on her Spiritual head and things suddenly get a whole lot clearer. You should try it one day, just don't expect that arm to come from the clouds and feed all the understanding straight into your brain.

So you think you didn't get much from the experience other than fear and confusion. If I may be so bold and beg to differ........... If fear and confusion is all you see from this experience then maybe that's all you'll ever see - or want to see. If that's how you want your Spiritual Journey to end then that's how it will end. However, I reckon there's something inside of you niggling away, like an itch you can't scratch. I doubt it'll be too long before you decide it's a place where you don't want to be and you'll want to go back there - if you don't already. I could say that the fear and confusion is an obstacle, but obstacles can be Journeys as well - if you choose to see them that way. It seems that behind the perceived obstacle there is a world where you would rather be, one where there is at least one single Soul that wants to connect with you on that level and who Loves you - and you Love them. Perhaps the point of the experience wasn't to give you some kind of personally-apocalyptic paradigm shift in your Spirituality, perhaps it was simply there to find out if you are going to use the feelings you had when you were with Spirit to get around that barrier. That is only for you to decide. You can use them if you choose to, and you've had a glimpse of what is waiting for you on the other side. This side fear and confusion, that side wholesome. The question is, do you want to stay on the side of fear and doubt or do you want to feel wholesome again?

And before you go there, if it felt real to you then was real :-)

I actually think an explanation would do me some good, but from the right Source. I think if God were to explain everything to me through a dream or something, I would pay attention and I would understand.
However, if Spirit were to ever come back to me and try to explain anything to me, I probably would doubt more and have more questions, I wont deny. This is my first time with a major spiritual experience, so of course I am going to be puzzled and have a lot of questions to ask. Without asking questions, you can never get any kind of answers. I also know that there is a fine line between asking questions and just doubting over and over again ... and I know that I do both . I dont think I am contradicting myself, but maybe that is because I know how I feel but it is just not coming out right. I am not very good at expressing myself through words.
What I said, was that I dont think I am good at telling the difference between a positive and negative spirit. Just because I dont think I am doesnt mean that I am not for a fact. Yes, I felt love from the Spirit, but what I was trying to say was that our feelings can deceive us sometimes. Thats what I was trying to tell you .
You are right, maybe I am generalizing here with Spirit. Its because I am paranoid, that is why I am doing that.
I thought that negative spirits could pretend to be nice and kind ... that is what confused me. I said I believed that good spirits were nice and kind and patient ... but that negative spirits could pretend to be the same thing.
That has happened to me before. I did not like someone and I did not know why, I could not put my finger on the reason, but I knew something was not right, come to find out that the person was a betraying, backstabbing person.
I am a cautious person .. but I am also a paranoid person too, I wont deny it, because thats just the flat out truth. You are right, all Spirits arent bad ... I do believe that. Guess I just cant tell the good from the bad, or I dont think I can. Or maybe I can and I just dont realize it .
Everything I told you about my spiritual experience was the truth and it was real. I did not lie about one thing that I told you, so if you get good vibes from my experience, then maybe it was a good one, I dont know and maybe I dont need to know.
Believe it or not, I dont want to be stuck in this state of confusion and fear. I really dont. However, I dont want to call Spirit back to me because I dont think Spirit liked to be here on this Earth after while . The more Spirit visited me, the more advanced Spirit seemed to get ... and he didnt want to be on Earth anymore after several visits because of all the problems here.
I dont want to be selfish and call Spirit back to me, though I do kind of miss him. I figure that Spirit has other things to do and accomplish and I want Spirit to do those things that he is suppose to do. One time, during a visit with me and Spirit, something was trying to attack him. It seemed like things were trying to attack this person while they were alive on Earth ... and even after death, it still seems like something is trying to attack him and it made me feel very hopeless because I did not know what to do. Anyways, sorry to get off topic the way I did ... I just wanted you to know a couple of other things.
You are very right in this statement " It seems that behind the perceived obstacle there is a world where you would rather be, one where there is at least one single Soul that wants to connect with you on that level and who Loves you - and you Love them " . That is very true and reading someone else say it, kind of makes me sad for some reason .
I do want to feel wholesome again ... and I am trying to find my way towards it, thats why Im here, for guidance and opinions.

I am sorry if I am giving you a hard time ... you dont have to reply to me anymore if you do not want to. I did not mean to burden or upset you in any way.

Thank you for taking time out to talk to me, anyway.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
I actually think an explanation would do me some good, but from the right Source. I think if God were to explain everything to me through a dream or something, I would pay attention and I would understand.
However, if Spirit were to ever come back to me and try to explain anything to me, I probably would doubt more and have more questions, I wont deny. This is my first time with a major spiritual experience, so of course I am going to be puzzled and have a lot of questions to ask. Without asking questions, you can never get any kind of answers. I also know that there is a fine line between asking questions and just doubting over and over again ... and I know that I do both . I dont think I am contradicting myself, but maybe that is because I know how I feel but it is just not coming out right. I am not very good at expressing myself through words.
What I said, was that I dont think I am good at telling the difference between a positive and negative spirit. Just because I dont think I am doesnt mean that I am not for a fact. Yes, I felt love from the Spirit, but what I was trying to say was that our feelings can deceive us sometimes. Thats what I was trying to tell you .
You are right, maybe I am generalizing here with Spirit. Its because I am paranoid, that is why I am doing that.
I thought that negative spirits could pretend to be nice and kind ... that is what confused me. I said I believed that good spirits were nice and kind and patient ... but that negative spirits could pretend to be the same thing.
That has happened to me before. I did not like someone and I did not know why, I could not put my finger on the reason, but I knew something was not right, come to find out that the person was a betraying, backstabbing person.
I am a cautious person .. but I am also a paranoid person too, I wont deny it, because thats just the flat out truth. You are right, all Spirits arent bad ... I do believe that. Guess I just cant tell the good from the bad, or I dont think I can. Or maybe I can and I just dont realize it .
Everything I told you about my spiritual experience was the truth and it was real. I did not lie about one thing that I told you, so if you get good vibes from my experience, then maybe it was a good one, I dont know and maybe I dont need to know.
Believe it or not, I dont want to be stuck in this state of confusion and fear. I really dont. However, I dont want to call Spirit back to me because I dont think Spirit liked to be here on this Earth after while . The more Spirit visited me, the more advanced Spirit seemed to get ... and he didnt want to be on Earth anymore after several visits because of all the problems here.
I dont want to be selfish and call Spirit back to me, though I do kind of miss him. I figure that Spirit has other things to do and accomplish and I want Spirit to do those things that he is suppose to do. One time, during a visit with me and Spirit, something was trying to attack him. It seemed like things were trying to attack this person while they were alive on Earth ... and even after death, it still seems like something is trying to attack him and it made me feel very hopeless because I did not know what to do. Anyways, sorry to get off topic the way I did ... I just wanted you to know a couple of other things.
You are very right in this statement " It seems that behind the perceived obstacle there is a world where you would rather be, one where there is at least one single Soul that wants to connect with you on that level and who Loves you - and you Love them " . That is very true and reading someone else say it, kind of makes me sad for some reason .
I do want to feel wholesome again ... and I am trying to find my way towards it, thats why Im here, for guidance and opinions.

I am sorry if I am giving you a hard time ... you dont have to reply to me anymore if you do not want to. I did not mean to burden or upset you in any way.

Thank you for taking time out to talk to me, anyway.

You're very welcome, Eternally. And I'm not upset in any way, however the human in me wants to metaphorically kick your tail up and down the street :-)

What you're doing is moving the goalposts every time. If you'll only accept an explanation from God then why post in these forums in the first place? But then, would you accept the explanation or would you doubt his existence if he actually tapped you on the shoulder, or would you think it was a bad Spirit come to trick you? I believe you have all the answers you need, perhaps all the answers you're ever going to get. It's up to you to decide what to do with them and only you can do that.

Sometimes you have to throw all of your beliefs out of the window and start again. I liken it to reincarnation within our own Lifetime, when a part of us dies and another part of us moves on. By letting go of old beliefs sometimes we can drop the baggage and start over with a clean slate, taking a fresh look at the Universe. That's not a bad thing, is it? You believe Spirits can be good and bad, if that's what you believe then far be it for me to contradict that. But if there are bad Spirits, does that mean all Spirits are bad? The problem here is not Spirit, Eternally, but yourself. From what you've told me - and I didn't think for one moment you were making any of it up - you've had an amazingly wonderful experience land in your lap. How many people in this forum would bite your hand off for that kind of experience? What I can see of that experience is a kind and Loving Spirit who connected with you in this Life come back and connect with you again as Spirit - even though they weren't too keen on coming here in the first place. If that doesn't add up to a good Spirit, being honest I have no idea what would. That Spirit came back to try and alleviate some of your fears. Perhaps one Spirit did the attacking, but not this Spirit. If it's not very obvious that there are some very fundamental differences there then what else is there to say? And is Spirit supposed to do anything? Says who? Is there a rule book that says Spirit will say this and do that when they visit? Certainly not with mine, I have one that plays air guitar to rock music :-) And you know what? I'm glad the little tyke doesn't play by the rules.

If it works for you, then use simple logic. If you can't trust your feelings just yet then think about it. You have two encounters with Spirit to compare and contrast, so compare and contrast them. Use simple logic to work out the differences and anything else you can from both experiences, because only you can decide that one. If you want an excellent rule book then I recommend you use Greenslade's Almanac and Set-In-Stone Rules. Rule One: Burn the rule book.

It's not Spirit that's the issue here Eternally, it's yourself. Sorry to be so blunt but there isn't an easy way of saying this. You keep walking down that slippery slope of doubt, and the only thing you have to hold onto is the fear that's dragging you down. You say you want to feel wholesome again but you want your explanation to come from Source. Eternally, we are the Ones we have been waiting for. So take a deep breath and turn yourself around. Get ready to take your leap of faith and jump straight in. While you stand on the precipice of doubt and fear, just remember that there is no limit to Faith. No soggy splat at the bottom because there is no bottom to hit.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 PM
EternallyHurt

Quote:
You're very welcome, Eternally. And I'm not upset in any way, however the human in me wants to metaphorically kick your tail up and down the street :-)

What you're doing is moving the goalposts every time. If you'll only accept an explanation from God then why post in these forums in the first place? But then, would you accept the explanation or would you doubt his existence if he actually tapped you on the shoulder, or would you think it was a bad Spirit come to trick you? I believe you have all the answers you need, perhaps all the answers you're ever going to get. It's up to you to decide what to do with them and only you can do that.

Sometimes you have to throw all of your beliefs out of the window and start again. I liken it to reincarnation within our own Lifetime, when a part of us dies and another part of us moves on. By letting go of old beliefs sometimes we can drop the baggage and start over with a clean slate, taking a fresh look at the Universe. That's not a bad thing, is it? You believe Spirits can be good and bad, if that's what you believe then far be it for me to contradict that. But if there are bad Spirits, does that mean all Spirits are bad? The problem here is not Spirit, Eternally, but yourself. From what you've told me - and I didn't think for one moment you were making any of it up - you've had an amazingly wonderful experience land in your lap. How many people in this forum would bite your hand off for that kind of experience? What I can see of that experience is a kind and Loving Spirit who connected with you in this Life come back and connect with you again as Spirit - even though they weren't too keen on coming here in the first place. If that doesn't add up to a good Spirit, being honest I have no idea what would. That Spirit came back to try and alleviate some of your fears. Perhaps one Spirit did the attacking, but not this Spirit. If it's not very obvious that there are some very fundamental differences there then what else is there to say? And is Spirit supposed to do anything? Says who? Is there a rule book that says Spirit will say this and do that when they visit? Certainly not with mine, I have one that plays air guitar to rock music :-) And you know what? I'm glad the little tyke doesn't play by the rules.

If it works for you, then use simple logic. If you can't trust your feelings just yet then think about it. You have two encounters with Spirit to compare and contrast, so compare and contrast them. Use simple logic to work out the differences and anything else you can from both experiences, because only you can decide that one. If you want an excellent rule book then I recommend you use Greenslade's Almanac and Set-In-Stone Rules. Rule One: Burn the rule book.

It's not Spirit that's the issue here Eternally, it's yourself. Sorry to be so blunt but there isn't an easy way of saying this. You keep walking down that slippery slope of doubt, and the only thing you have to hold onto is the fear that's dragging you down. You say you want to feel wholesome again but you want your explanation to come from Source. Eternally, we are the Ones we have been waiting for. So take a deep breath and turn yourself around. Get ready to take your leap of faith and jump straight in. While you stand on the precipice of doubt and fear, just remember that there is no limit to Faith. No soggy splat at the bottom because there is no bottom to hit.

LOL I understand

I wasnt saying that I would only accept an explanation from God. I said that if God were to ever directly speak to me all about my experience and clarify everything, through a dream or something, that I would most likely listen ... that doesnt mean that I wont listen to the perception of others. I am here, posting about my experience to get others perceptions on it. I want to know because I think to myself that maybe I will be able to find logic and reasoning and understanding through your perception based on my experience. Therefore, maybe shifting my perception, even if only a little bit . I dont like to have an opinion set in stone without listening to another opinion first .
I agree with you .. only I can decide ..
I know this, but I still want to gather up other perceptions and opinions before I just state my own as the "gospel" .
No, Spirit did not attack me. What I was telling you was that another spirit was trying to attack the one who was visiting me, during a visit. The person who Spirit claimed to be was attacked throughout their life ... and it seemed as though something was still trying to attack them after death .. and I felt really helpless at the time because I wanted to help so bad but didnt know how.
Spirit had a very kind and loving nature ... but there is something else that through me for a loop that I feel the need to share with you. I am sorry for getting off topic but I feel that its necessary for a minute.
Spirit told me things, and maybe I should have told you this earlier, but Spirit told me things about the person it claimed to be, that were untrue. I know these things are untrue ... some of things Spirit told me. I have not the slightest idea why Spirit would feel the need to do this if it were that of a positive Spirit. I know you said whether Spirit was good or bad isnt the problem and its really not the point ... but could you shed some light on this? This really bothered me.
I did not feel any negativity from Spirits energy and Spirit was kind toward me and all, but Spirit also lied and I dont understand why this would be done.

Anyway, I will get back on topic.
I guess I had it made up in my mind that Spirits were suppose to do this and not suppose to do that. I think I had a little Rule Book of my own and that threw me off as well. Like I said, all of this is very new to me, so I am pretty ignorant about the Spiritual Realm which is why I want more knowledge about it .
When you said that I have two experiences to compare and contrast with Spirit, I dont understand that, could you please explain?
I am a very cautious and paranoid person, as I have stated before. Its difficult for me to have complete faith in a ton of things, until I feel sure that the thing is good. If something is looking a bit "off" to me about a situation or thing, then I dont just jump in.
Guess I just want to feel "safe" in everything I do ...
Old 03-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
LOL I understand

I wasnt saying that I would only accept an explanation from God. I said that if God were to ever directly speak to me all about my experience and clarify everything, through a dream or something, that I would most likely listen ... that doesnt mean that I wont listen to the perception of others. I am here, posting about my experience to get others perceptions on it. I want to know because I think to myself that maybe I will be able to find logic and reasoning and understanding through your perception based on my experience. Therefore, maybe shifting my perception, even if only a little bit . I dont like to have an opinion set in stone without listening to another opinion first .
I agree with you .. only I can decide ..
I know this, but I still want to gather up other perceptions and opinions before I just state my own as the "gospel" .
No, Spirit did not attack me. What I was telling you was that another spirit was trying to attack the one who was visiting me, during a visit. The person who Spirit claimed to be was attacked throughout their life ... and it seemed as though something was still trying to attack them after death .. and I felt really helpless at the time because I wanted to help so bad but didnt know how.
Spirit had a very kind and loving nature ... but there is something else that through me for a loop that I feel the need to share with you. I am sorry for getting off topic but I feel that its necessary for a minute.
Spirit told me things, and maybe I should have told you this earlier, but Spirit told me things about the person it claimed to be, that were untrue. I know these things are untrue ... some of things Spirit told me. I have not the slightest idea why Spirit would feel the need to do this if it were that of a positive Spirit. I know you said whether Spirit was good or bad isnt the problem and its really not the point ... but could you shed some light on this? This really bothered me.
I did not feel any negativity from Spirits energy and Spirit was kind toward me and all, but Spirit also lied and I dont understand why this would be done.

Anyway, I will get back on topic.
I guess I had it made up in my mind that Spirits were suppose to do this and not suppose to do that. I think I had a little Rule Book of my own and that threw me off as well. Like I said, all of this is very new to me, so I am pretty ignorant about the Spiritual Realm which is why I want more knowledge about it .
When you said that I have two experiences to compare and contrast with Spirit, I dont understand that, could you please explain?
I am a very cautious and paranoid person, as I have stated before. Its difficult for me to have complete faith in a ton of things, until I feel sure that the thing is good. If something is looking a bit "off" to me about a situation or thing, then I dont just jump in.
Guess I just want to feel "safe" in everything I do ...

Perhaps that's just what you need Eternally, for God to tell you in straight-talking terms. But there again, maybe he's waiting to see what you're going to make of it all.

So a shift in perspective might help? Okay then, try it this way. Imagine for a time that it was me that made the original post. You're reading my story of my experiences. What would you tell me? By the way, saying that you wouldn't do that anyway or you wouldn't know what to say doesn't count. If you cop out then wave goodbye to your prize :-)

Slight communications slip there, my apologies. What I should have said was an encounter with two Spirits, but you can still compare and contrast the two of them within hat you sensed/felt from each of them - if anything. To answer your question, what did you sense/feel from the two Spirits if anything? You could think about how each felt, then you could compare and contrast what you got from each one.

Again, you need to look behind the mask. You were told things that you knew were untrue. Did the Spirit tell you an out-and-out lie or were there reasons for saying what they did? I might tell you I'm a guru (waaaay far from it) to see if you'll blindly accept what I say to you or if you'll question it. I might also get something from your questions. If I was a Spirit that came to you I might get quite a lot from telling you something that was untrue. If you decide I'm bad because I didn't tell you the truth then that tells me something, as would your blind acceptance or your questioning. Also bear in mind what else you've said. "I did not feel any negativity from Spirits energy and Spirit was kind toward me and all" Can you see the contradiction here too? If the Spirit didn't feel negative, would they lie to deceive you? Or if they didn't feel negative but still lied, is there another reason?

Being honest, I doubt knowledge will help you here but then there are some that will disagree. I think that the only knowledge you're going to get is that Spirit is supposed to do this or that, but from what I can tell personally it doesn't work that way. Is there knowledge of what a friend should or shouldn't do, or is it down to you and that friend to work that out between you? How many times do you say this to that friend but you wouldn't dream of saying it to another? I have guides that like to climb trees, one clutches a teddy bear called Patches and two others like rock music. Is there knowledge there that would have helped? I got to know them, they got to know me and we came to an understanding that works. The things you said were untrue might well be a part of that same process - then getting to know you. If you look around these boards on many different subjects, I don't think you will find too much knowledge. What you will find is beliefs that have been formed in many different ways, none of them better or or worse than any other. I don't belief the word 'ignorant' has a place in the realms of Spirituality, especially when there are so many more beliefs than facts.

Caution and questioning is good, but paranoia will just drive you crazy.