Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 AM
Knower
Question Psychic vampires vs Reflection of who you are

How can you tell the difference between a person who is a "psychic vampire" vs someone who is reflecting who you are back to you?

I've read many of the posts that concluded that when we are feeling someone is 'bad' for us, that they are indeed a lesson in our own natures; but than again, there's always the case that they may indeed NEVER have been a reflection of who we are, moreso a reflection of who we are not- for there may be a lesson in that as well, right???? Well, my question to my spiritual family , how can you tell the
difference?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:28 AM
tragblack

It takes practice. Feel it out.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Master

Hi GoddessLove,

The way I understand the term "psychic vampire", the salient factor is that they are not sincere regarding their intention for any interaction, or authentic in terms of content, but merely attempt to stimulate an energetic exchange for its own sake, creating by some condition or insistence, a projected demand towards other participants. There is an implied manipulation because they do not as part of any interaction respect or accept the values, identity, individuality, or inherent dignity of others but simply exploit the interaction for the attention they get by engaging others for their own emotional needs. They want others to expend energy for them and they often create social situations, dramas of various sorts where this engagement or energetic demand becomes necessary.

~ J
Old 01-02-2011, 05:02 AM
Knower
So a person who is a psychic vampire desires to exploit another for personal gain. I get it. The interaction is never sincere.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Master
Energy vampires will try to rile you up, so that they can absorb more energy from you. They prefer lower vibrational energies like fear, anger, etc. These individuals are rare, and you have exactly identified the issue of telling them from your own reflection in the world.

Behaviors that will help you to identify them: These people are predators and although the signs are subtle you can learn to recognize them. They will try to start drama between other people. They will try to act like it wasn't them and that it has nothing to do with them, but if you examine the situation closely you can usually see how something they said lies at the heart of the problem. You will almost always feel tired after hanging around with them.

Being lower vibrational entities, they will try to bring you down to their level. They will push the idea of negative emotions. The will try to fire up your sympathies by telling you all about their never ending problems until you feel ******. Unlike most people, vampires do not respond to positive emotions, you can be happy at them all day and they will never get happy. You can show them love but they are simply unable to vibrate at that level.

I have spent a long time wondering where they come from. They could be possessed humans, some entities that look human, or humans who have fallen to such a low vibration that they can't get themselves out. Whatever the cause, they are out there but very rare. If you are aware of them, you can largely mitigate their effects on you. Knowing they are there, running 'good' energy (like love, joy, bliss, etc.), being grounded, and maintaining some sort of psychic defenses are all good ways to defend yourself. Also, of course, avoid contact with these poeple until you are able to protect yourself.

With Love,
athribiristan
Old 02-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Knower
Thank you All!
Old 03-02-2011, 03:16 PM
dawn chorus

This is a good question, i have recently came accross a situation with my Aunt who is a healer where she accused me of sucking her energy from her! This made me laugh as after being around her i always have to go and take a nap as i feel drained and this also happens with my gran when she spends time with her. I spoke to my crystal healing teacher about this and he said it sounds as though it's in fact her sucking energy and that the way in which people do this is by discussing spirituality excessively and catching your attention through this, even if you don't respond to them. My crystal therapy teacher said carrying or wearing a piece of aqua aura quartz will help as it is a strong protective stone.
The thing that worries me is that she is practicing as a healer and says that it is normal for her clients to feel the need to sleep after as they've taken in a lot of energy and the body needs to adjust.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
windwhistle

We've ALL been psychic vampires at some point in our lives.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi GoddessLove,

The way I understand the term "psychic vampire", the salient factor is that they are not sincere regarding their intention for any interaction, or authentic in terms of content, but merely attempt to stimulate an energetic exchange for its own sake, creating by some condition or insistence, a projected demand towards other participants. There is an implied manipulation because they do not as part of any interaction respect or accept the values, identity, individuality, or inherent dignity of others but simply exploit the interaction for the attention they get by engaging others for their own emotional needs. They want others to expend energy for them and they often create social situations, dramas of various sorts where this engagement or energetic demand becomes necessary.

~ J
I've never seen you before - I respect this post alot.
Welcome, J.
Miss Hepburn

Well, I like all the answers here! But, some people are unconscious of their shenanagins, remember.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-02-2011, 04:55 PM
nventr

There is feeling drained and then there is feeling creeped out.

Being drained can be caused by so many factors one can't really pinpoint the cause.

A black hole type is just that. It sucks in everything around it. It does not have a conscious desire to suck. This is a person who hasn't grown enough to be able to give to any relationship. More infantile than predator.

Oh but when you run into one of those vampire people, it feels like you have been sloshing around in a sewer. Yuck! You feel worn-out from all the emotional upheaval. Double Yuck!!!

The good news is that they will leave you when you do not rise to their games. You are of no interest to them if they can't rattle your emotions.