Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
Perhaps being careful to not buy anything created by slave labor (or the equivalent through outsourcing) if done by all who claim to be against slavery ,might have some effect toward ending today's widespread (effective) slavery. Putting our money where our mouth is.

Paul was merely obeying the existing laws as did Jesus and all law abiding believers did then and do now.

Paul also promised to pay any debts Onesimus had incurred through his illegal act of running away from his owner.

Will we pay a little more for shoes made in the USA rather than reward slave labor policies of outsourcers?

I believe Paul outlined the moral code by which he lived in 1 Corinthians 13.

Paul's admonitions toward Christian slaves in the culture of his time is equivalent to admonitions to good service by (free?) Christian workers of our culture.

1) People in the Third World NEED jobs and foreign exchange, so trade is good, so long as its fair trade. Buy Fair Trade.

2) Come on, its there in black and white. Paul condones - or is made to condone - slavery, because the Roman Empire (and Roman Catholicism was a state sponsored religion) ran on slavery and they wanted and needed it to continue.
Jesus's whole ministry was based on love and in the human aspect, on the brotherhood of man and 'doing unto others'. His mission was spiritual liberation not social revolution, but the underlying current of his message is abundantly clear.

It's a good job Lincoln and Wilberforce didn't "obey the existing laws" or we'd still have full on slavery.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 20-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Baker
Perhaps being careful to not buy anything created by slave labor (or the equivalent through outsourcing) if done by all who claim to be against slavery ,might have some effect toward ending today's widespread (effective) slavery. Putting our money where our mouth is.

Paul was merely obeying the existing laws as did Jesus and all law abiding believers did then and do now.

Paul also promised to pay any debts Onesimus had incurred through his illegal act of running away from his owner.

Will we pay a little more for shoes made in the USA rather than reward slave labor policies of outsourcers?

I believe Paul outlined the moral code by which he lived in 1 Corinthians 13.

Paul's admonitions toward Christian slaves in the culture of his time is equivalent to admonitions to good service by (free?) Christian workers of our culture.

1) People in the Third World NEED jobs and foreign exchange, so trade is good, so long as its fair trade. Buy Fair Trade.

2) Come on, its there in black and white. Paul condones - or is made to condone - slavery, because the Roman Empire (and Roman Catholicism was a state sponsored religion) ran on slavery and they wanted and needed it to continue.
Jesus's whole ministry was based on love and in the human aspect, on the brotherhood of man and 'doing unto others'. His mission was spiritual liberation not social revolution, but the underlying current of his message is abundantly clear.

It's a good job Lincoln and Wilberforce didn't "obey the existing laws" or we'd still have full on slavery.

Old 20-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Is Jesus God, if so is believing in him the same as believing in God?

thought MANY believe in a “3-in-1 god”, or godhead being 3-in-one. This teaching is not a true teachings. We clam to follow Jesus, yet try to in a sense ,add words to his mouth. Jesus NOR his followers taught a 3-in-1 god. NOR.. did Jesus EVER said he WAS God, or EQUAL to God. If we claim to want the truth, we must seek accurate knowledge of it, EVEN if we are the minority. Understand, Jesus spoke TOTAL truth, against MANY religious men, who spoke PART truth. Did it make his teachings false JUST because he went against a great amount ?, NO! So, if we claim to follow Jesus, (Luke 9:23). then we must believe his words, instead of someone who's trying to ignore, or change his words into what they WANT it to mean. First!, here's what JESUS said concerning him being God or not.

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. Jesus lived on earth, MANY had seen him. Some would say, yes, but they didn't see him when he was God. STILL those men could say... we HAVE SEEN, god, just NOT as a spirit being. Here ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Jesus CLEARLY showed he is NOT God and he even says “TRUE GOD” ,indicating this is the REAL God. Here ,(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ALSO SEE John 8:29). If Jesus was equal to God or God himself. There would be NO need to be sent by another God, since he IS... god.

Here.... (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). Here Jesus showed he can ONLY do things, IF... it's his Father's WILL. Jesus here taught us to pray to his Father, making his name Holy and honor it ,(is what hallow means), Matt. 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Yet MANY refuse to even acknowledge it ,JEHOVAH ,(Psa. 83:18 ,Exo.6:3 and Isa. 12:2). though men believed the God of Israel's name should be removed. Jehovah God, (english), OR... Yahweh ,(Hebrew) didn't agree!

Moving on to more from Jesus ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). Jesus showed what he teaches, he GOT.. from his Father. Here ,(1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not), Jesus speaking to his true followers, saying “WE”, INCLUDING himself as being called “SONS OF GOD. then saying "the world", meaning those who's not trying to do his Father ,(Matt. 7:21), don't know him, (the Father), so how could they claim to know Jesus or his followers.

Lastly Jesus said ,(Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). IF he was God he would have known, he will soon when God or his Father gives him the go-ahead to destroy ,(Psa. 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool). Some believe certain peoples.... try to make Jesus seem as he's nothing, NOT true. many follow and love him, and KNOW, ANY who doesn't acknowledge Jesus will be destroyed by his Father ,(John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him). many acknowledge what Paul said, (the man who Jesus picked from Heaven to follow him), 1Cor. 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. it CAN'T be no clearer than that so Jehovah God and Jesus words stands true. regardless of what many wants to believe. Jesus is NOT “God the Father”, as many would say, but the SON ,as Jesus HIMSELF has shown. Now we can either believe ,follow him and life, or not and be destroyed. As I tell many, it's your world! peace
Old 20-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Master
Hi, to the original question. In my belief system, Jesus is considered an avatar, which is a human birth of divine consciousness sent here to help the world. In this sense Jesus is god embodied. so yes.
Old 20-11-2013, 01:13 PM
StaroftheSea

Fish

"Those who believe in Me, will know the Father" [Jesus speaking of His Heavenly Father].

"It is only through Me that you will know the Father (God) [Jesus speaking of His Heavenly Father].

In 1935 Jesus said to Saint Sister Faustina "In the old Covenant I sent Prophets wielding thunderbolts to My people. Today I am sending you with My Mercy to the people of the whole world".

"You will prepare the world for the final Coming (of Christ/God)".

"My Daughter give me Souls. Know that it is your Mission to win Souls for Me by prayer and sacrifice, and by encouraging them to trust in My Mercy". Jesus' Divine Love and Mercy Jo Jo.

Sure it is to avoid the 'just Hand of God' Jo Jo however, Jesus in His New Testament has always said that we must go through Him/Jesus first if we are to know the Father (Our Heavenly Father).

Jesus sits at the Right Hand of The Father as 'One'; the Holy Almighty One.

However, when we make the Sign of His Holy Cross it is separate (and you are right on this) In the Name of the Father, and of The Son, and of the Holy Spirit/Ghost Amen. Being separate identities. However when Jesus died and ascended into Heaven, Jesus became "One" with God and The Holy Spirit.

As mortals we can only ever hope to be reunited with God our Heavenly Father through Jesus His Only Begotten Son as 'God'. Jesus, The Holy Spirit and God as "One".

Jesus further says: "When they say this Chaplet in the presence of they dying, I will stand between "My Father" and the dying person, not as the "just Judge" but as the Merciful Saviour". Now Jesus refers to God our Heavenly Father here with Him at the time each Soul is dying during prayers to Him. Jesus then says I wont be the "Just Judge" but the Merciful Saviour".

Praying through Jesus Divine Love and Mercy for one's Soul and others is the way to go because God our Heavenly Father is HURT by Souls/sinners who have never had the REVERENCE of His only Begotten Son that gave up His (Jesus') Life for us teaching God's Holy Scriptures, making hundreds of sacrifices in His Life for God and then dying in AGONY on His Cross for God.

So, God is not happy with Man/Souls for not Loving, Trusting, Believing, Praying nor Receiving Jesus into their Hearts after He brought Jesus down from Heaven onto Earth to teach of His/God's Existence as our Creator and His Commandments through Jesus His Most Beloved Son.

I know you realise all of these things Jo Jo however don't ever try and compare or block out Jesus with God because it is your Soul that God will look at when you come face to face with BOTH God and Jesus at the same time Jo Jo when crossing over.

Q: How is God going to feel if you are preaching that people are only to pray and communicate with God and not His Most Beloved Son whom died on the Cross spreading His Heavenly Father's Holy Words/Commandments/Scriptures?

"Oh just don't worry about Jesus and only pray to God His Heavenly Father - you know - Jesus only dedicated His whole Life to God and died a torturous death for God and all of His Brothers and Sisters in Christ living on Earth for Eternity, so people did not suffer at the 'just Hand of God' when crossing over". Sorry but this is what I feel when people just try and pass off Jesus my Heavenly Father and Heavenly Brother as a human being who more than deserves the utmost Love, Respect, Trust, Reverence, Obedience and Prayers prayed to Him for not only our Souls, but for all other Causes that our Heavenly Mother Mary states should be happening and is not happening nearly enough for peoples Souls to be saved ie so many Lost Souls one of the reasons being that

"without Loving, knowing and trusting in My Son, one can not know God",

Love and kindest wishes
Old 20-11-2013, 01:19 PM
StaroftheSea

Am stating here that Jesus deserves the same Love and Reverence as God for many reasons, one in which, Jesus after Ascension is 'God'.

Love and kindest wishes
Old 20-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Master

At the Transfiguration the man Jesus was overshadowed by the Christ Spirit and for the duration of his Holy Land ministry God spoke through Jesus.

When Jesus said 'No-one comes to the Father except through Me' he was speaking in the third person. That is, a reference to Christ Consciousness which is Love Consciousness. It is love the unites the soul with God.

Old 20-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
Am stating here that Jesus deserves the same Love and Reverence as God for many reasons, one in which, Jesus after Ascension is 'God'.

Love and kindest wishes

Well said, Star.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-11-2013, 10:31 PM
StaroftheSea

Love and kindest wishes xx
Old 20-11-2013, 10:44 PM
StaroftheSea

Thanks Knight and Morph.

We are all as Children of God on the same page anyway however I feel deeply for Jesus because without Jesus where would we all be? It is Jesus working through our Lives on behalf of God now during every moment of our lives IF we open up our Hearts and allow Him in to our Hearts. Such simple stuff. Yet, we (myself included at times) busy ourselves along in this world of technology blocking His beautiful Love Wisdom and Guidance out on many occasions.

All those times you know upon reflection when the seventh day Adventists or Baptists (John the Baptist he gave up his life for us too and only realised after reading the New Testament and the penny dropped), the Mormons and all others who walked and knocked on doors to spread Jesus Holy Image were worth their weight in Gold (God's Gold) because it gets people thinking about Him/God in order to try and open up their Hearts to Him. Yet people ridiculed them for centuries (and although I took their Holy Cards) did not 'realise' this was all through Jesus/God to me as His Child!

So Jo Jo, I love you as my Sister in Christ and love your close relationship with God after having mentioned my feelings in the previous post last night anyway. You are carrying out God's Holy Works and are to be commended.