Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-06-2015, 07:57 PM
B-bird

Quote:
DreamJo sortt of bit of razr hed spik hed 1 u cud say luv bre colors
i do

and flowers in your hair.....
Old 18-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Master
i'm sorry but i don't understand what you're after, B-Bird. i thought we were talking about hippies and the 60s and Vietnam. when i showed the aftereffects of the Nam era on government PR tactics and the American media you say that's not what we're talking about. then you're talking about beheaded Christians on the other side of the globe, implying that my life here in floriduh is somehow threatened by that and then we're back again to the Nam vets being spit on. you're rather confusing but from what i can tell you seem to want a blanket condemnation of all hippies b/c 63-69 individual hippies, out of a whole generation of hippies, were rude to Nam vets and it looks like you're setting up to demand a blanket condemnation of all Muslims b/c of the heinous actions of extremist.

care to clarify what it is you're trying to say here on this thread?
Old 18-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-bird
and probably to meet the needs of his family. Would you have rather lived in a commune? Where your mother and father were going around free loving? Now I know where all your love comes from. Good for you. Don't change.

No actually he left us unable to afford food by the time I was 4. Left the country with his boats, skidoos and a new wife. Abandoned his 3 kids under 7 with a devastated mentally ill woman who buckled us up and tried to drive us off a bridge.... The next bunch of years were fabulous! lol

Slow down, take a deep breath and see not everyone is looking to upset you, not everyone is stupid and wrong. It's ok to disagree but many of your replies come off in a very condescending way.

I love and forgive them both parents so yes they taught me a lot about forgiveness and love. I was simply replying to you remark about them being hippies.

I only mention the $100/hour in the 70s thing because it is an absurd amount for the time.
Old 18-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Master
And further maybe he did teach me about society being wrong judging material worth as such a great indicator of a persons value.
The people who gave me the things of most value love, kindness and compassion needed not have a cent to their name to do so. They were not blood but loved me anyway, when family didn't.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:05 PM
B-bird

I'm not after anything. No where in my posts do I state I hate hippies. It is your words that you use the phrase, one might assume all hippies are....Where's the love hippie girl?
Old 18-06-2015, 09:06 PM
B-bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
No actually he left us unable to afford food by the time I was 4. Left the country with his boats, skidoos and a new wife. Abandoned his 3 kids under 7 with a devastated mentally ill woman who buckled us up and tried to drive us off a bridge.... The next bunch of years were fabulous! lol

Slow down, take a deep breath and see not everyone is looking to upset you, not everyone is stupid and wrong. It's ok to disagree but many of your replies come off in a very condescending way.

I love and forgive them both parents so yes they taught me a lot about forgiveness and love. I was simply replying to you remark about them being hippies.

I only mention the $100/hour in the 70s thing because it is an absurd amount for the time.

I'm so sorry for this.
Old 18-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Master
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-bird
I'm so sorry for this.
:) thanks. If we really plan our own lives and I planned all those years of "bad stuff" I Intend to more than make up for it in the next life. :)
I'm already planning. lol
Old 19-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm not after anything. No where in my posts do I state I hate hippies. It is your words that you use the phrase, one might assume all hippies are....Where's the love hippie girl?

that's true. you didn't use the word "hate" but this thread started w/ the OP asking about possible reincarnational connection to "hippydom" and you took it to a dark place full of contempt and criticism. imo, it's not very smart to assume all people in an identity group will behave uniformly and painting the whole group w/ negative brush because of the poor behavior of a few is unfair.

i'm sorry you aren't feeling the Love from this "hippy girl" but it's difficult to express Love while one is having to defend one's "tribe" from negative stereotyping.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:25 AM
B-bird

Quote:
Internal Queries i self identify as "hippy" but it's just a general label affixed to certain concepts and ideals that are held close by all styles of people.

your own words about yourself as a hippie. AFFIXED TO CERTAIN CONCEPTS AND IDEALS. AFFIXED; stuck to, glued, attached. Hippies! I'll bet 9 out of 10 people hearing that word conjure up an image of a long haired, differently dressed, pot smoking, acid dropping, commune living rebel. If you take these images as being negative, then that's your own problem. The hippies were who they were. The 60's was what it was. A very tumultuous time. Why are you trying to deny what happened and who were the participants? You are the one who called Nam vets "baby killers" you and your friend denied my experience because it didn't happen in front of your rose colored world.

As for the op. Yes, I didn't take it that his personality fit into a hippie lifestyle.
Old 19-06-2015, 11:37 AM
B-bird

Here's another story for you and your friend to say didn't happen. My father was a glazier, race riots broke out in the city. They were called to come fix and board up windows that were broken during the riots. An all white crew. A gang of blacks threaten their lives. " Get out of the city white man or we'll slice your throats" my father, throws a sheet of glass at them and injures one pretty bad. My father comes home, angered out of no belief because he was the one arrested.

Events happened all over the country. And what about Woodstock? You gonna deny that that didn't go down like it did? Hilarious.

Where's the love, man?