Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 29-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Master
passionatesoul, for a broad look - www.pantheon.org
Old 29-08-2011, 10:01 PM
LadyMoondancer

In the Egyptian pantheon, there are many gods and godesses for animals, including Hathor, the cow goddess, Selket, goddess of the scorpion, there's even an hippopatomus goddess, which my brains can't recall her name (for shame). But for an animal shelter, probably for cats and dogs, there is Bast and Sekhmet for cats, and Anubis for dogs.
Old 30-08-2011, 04:06 AM
passionatesoul

Thanks everyone. I've checked out all your recommendations and the best I could find was the Lord and Lady who don't even really cover what I want. I guess I have this image of a goddess with animals and nature doing healing, caring for the creatures, and simply exuding love and compassion. I guess the closest to that would be the Lady?
Old 30-08-2011, 04:14 AM
passionatesoul

What about "Flidais (the Christmas Fairy & Goddess of the Woodlands)"? I've read multiple websites talking about her and they're always different minus the fact that she is ruler of the beasts, however in some stories she loves and cares for them and in others she sounds like a bit of a b*tch. :P why can't there be one specific place that has the exact truth? It'd be so much easier! :P
Old 30-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Master
passionatesoul - Lady does go by other names. One of which is Mother Earth or Gaia.
Old 30-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Lostgirl

I thought the God and the Goddess represented all things nature .......
Old 30-08-2011, 02:43 PM
Master
This is the way of it in Celtic legend. Lord is the masculine principle of Nature and Lady the feminine principle of Nature. Really, passionatesoul, it is whoever you decide it is. Both Lord and Lady have more than one aspect. Example - the Lord = Cernunnos = Lord of the Animals = Kerne = Herne.
Pan was mentioned earlier. Pan = Green Man = Wild Spirit of Nature [as in growing things, not animals particularly].
Old 30-08-2011, 04:14 PM
Lostgirl

I alwyas thought Pan was seen as like the devil...but thats a christian dooo dad so im baffled!
Old 30-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I alwyas thought Pan was seen as like the devil...but thats a christian dooo dad so im baffled!
Pan was seen as the rustic country god by the Greeks. If I recall correctly: his major cults of worship were in Arcadia, which was seen as kind of 'country bumpkin' by the Polis Greeks such as Athens. But there's was no evilness about Pan. Except for the idea that sudden fear people experience in wild locations was caused by him (PANic!).

Here's a really good site for all aspects of Hellenic myth: http://www.theoi.com/Georgikos/Pan.html

EDIT: I was right about Arcadia! I just looked over the page.
Old 30-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Lostgirl

Thank you Animus21 thats fabulous x