Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Knower
Hey, i had the same problem with my mum - she's still claiming im going through a phase cause she's a non-strict chrisitian. At first i just told her it was something im intrested in and then few months back i told her firmly that i am Wiccan and even if she dosent like it she cant change my mind. It sorta worked for me she did get a bit annoyed though :)
Old 16-07-2011, 11:58 PM
DoctorSatan

you can just say
"Mommy, I'm a Wiccan. So deal."
you probably shouldn't be taking my advice though.
Old 17-07-2011, 02:35 AM
musartnova

Why does your mother need to know ?
sometimes things are best unknown...

why does anyone need to know....
the only person that need to know is you...

then again...i don't know nothing.....
Old 20-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Caretaker

*this is probably not for the faint of heart and though it may appear rough I truly mean it with as much respect as I can.'

The reason why you seek to tell your mother is because you desire her approval. We all have a complex in our mind that makes us (or made us at one point) desire approval from other's, often from mentors or parents. The reason we have this complex is because we have not fully approved of ourselves. When we can accept and approve of ourselves we no longer need outside acknowledgement of our actions.

This approval of ourself is more vast then it appears. It involves being truly honest with ourselves, truly forgiving ourselves (both our person and our actions). To be honest with ourselves the first step is to realize that we all make mistakes that we are but a product of the world before us, everything we do is because of the accumulated karma of the world. This also will allow us to forgive ourselves, especially when we realilze that when we point a finger towards someone else we have three pointing back. When we accuse another of doing a wrong we are really desiring to accuse ourselves of the wrongs we have done. But because of our selfish complex (which is part of no being honest with ourselves) it's easier to hurt another then consciously hurt ourselves in that particular way. We don't want to face our own evils within. This is merely some parts of the process of inner appreciation and is very much a personal journey. No one can lead anyone through the doorway, especially a doorway like this, the path is our own to take when we are ready to take it.

And even when we get so far, we still have a very long way to go. I'm not hear saying that I'm free of these types of problems, merely that I'm aware of what it takes, but it still takes a great deal more then I'm aware of but i knew enough to continue from where i am, as you know enough to continue from where you are (on your spiritual journey to feeling content). I also do not intent to say you are a bad person or anything of the sort or to Judge you or your actions. I'm only trying to help you understand a part of your actions, a part of the root, the core of them. Which their is more to them then that, especially since its a very personal journey. But the doorway is already infront of you, as it is infront of us all. Our eyes are just covered in ancient dust which we need to remove before we can see the door, once we see the door then we can enter the grass on the other side. But its not over then, no no no, it's only just begun.

Peace
Caretaker

- Ignite the Soul
Old 30-07-2011, 03:14 PM
CelestialRain

Whatever happens, truly believe what you truly believe.

tell your mother because it's always best to clear blocks in your life which prevents negative energy. even if it causes bad things to happen, it's fine that you have the situation over with, right? don't let others interfere with your personal beliefs. even if she doesn't allow it, don't allow that to stop you.

you can tell your mother slowly by giving subtle hints of your interests over the course of days, weeks, even months. once she gets used to these little tidbits of information that you are interested in and begins to accept it, is when you should tell her, maybe more "subtly" and watered-down than a simple "I am Wiccan."

Good luck!
Old 30-07-2011, 03:24 PM
earthprowler

my whole life has been a bunch of zigs and zags, this and that. i did practice witchcraft for many years and loved it even though my mother was convinced (die hard Catholic) i was gonna get into black magick. lol. you can only do what makes you happy, not everyone else and if that's it, then go for it. as i grew i found i could incorporate it into my life in other things i delved into. love your self and do what you need to do.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Guide
I wouldn't tell her, or anyone else. From personal experience ive always found that saying anything about what i believe tends to be a mistake. Its sad when your friends think your crazy, they dont listen to anything you say because they believe that its a delusion, even when its normal stuff like telling them about how you went to a concert or that you won a poker game, and even though you never once lie, exaggerate, etc.. and even though every time you prove that what you say is true. It wont matter, they will hold it against you for years as a reason to distrust everything you say.

Its sad because i cant even talk to my own father about something i read in a news article without him thinking im making it up. Same with my best friend and every other friend that ive lost over the years because ive opened my stupid mouth.

As a general rule, dont talk about
1) Religion
2) Politics
3) Any kind of supernatural experience or phenomena
Old 30-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Lostgirl

I completely get why you want to tell her. I am so close to my mum and i share everything with her! I havent told her in as many words about my paganism, but i said to her that i had been doing alot of reading into it - which i had been, adn that i had a choice between the two religions (chritianity or paganism) i would say i am pagan :) She was fully accepting and i think she kinda knows thats who i am!
All your mum wants you to be is happy :)
Old 07-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
I wouldn't tell her, or anyone else. From personal experience ive always found that saying anything about what i believe tends to be a mistake. Its sad when your friends think your crazy, they dont listen to anything you say because they believe that its a delusion, even when its normal stuff like telling them about how you went to a concert or that you won a poker game, and even though you never once lie, exaggerate, etc.. and even though every time you prove that what you say is true. It wont matter, they will hold it against you for years as a reason to distrust everything you say.

Its sad because i cant even talk to my own father about something i read in a news article without him thinking im making it up. Same with my best friend and every other friend that ive lost over the years because ive opened my stupid mouth.

As a general rule, dont talk about
1) Religion
2) Politics
3) Any kind of supernatural experience or phenomena

Im not arguing here but what you say isnt exactly true some peopel are exepting to it - personaly i have best freind with whom i chat endlesly about supernatural stuff with, not exactly Wicca but still supernatural stuff
Old 23-08-2011, 10:56 PM
AdzPower

Take the time to actually explain it to your mother, lots of people associate bad things but if you can properly explain it then im sure she'll be fine.