Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 22-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Knower
orientation

I know this can be a touchy subject so this is gonna be put bluntly and i apologise but does Wicca have any restrictions or laws saying you cant like girls if your a girl yourself? And i mean like Loving them in a more than freind way?!?
Old 22-06-2011, 05:54 PM
tragblack

No........
Old 22-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
No........
No need to act so hesitante i said i was gonna put it bluntly but thanks anyway
Old 22-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Master
Hazel, wicca is a goddess faith. And there is one form of wicca called Dianic wicca which used to be exclusively female but now admits men. Nuff said ?
Old 22-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel
I know this can be a touchy subject so this is gonna be put bluntly and i apologise but does Wicca have any restrictions or laws saying you cant like girls if your a girl yourself? And i mean like Loving them in a more than freind way?!?
Short answer? No.

Long answer? Yes and no.

Wicca, in general tends to be very tolerant, with a 'live and let live' attitude. So it wouldn't matter what you're sexual orientation is. And in fact some branches of Wicca celebrate same-sex love and attraction. But there's also the opposite end of the stick, some more traditional Wiccan groups are heavily focused on polarity, especially from a gender point of view (Wicca is very into fertility and all that). Overall, though, most Wiccans have no problem whatsoever with LBGT people.
Old 23-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Master
I don't believe so........

Spiritlite.
Old 23-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Knower
Thanks for all the info this is a section of the religion im not so clued up on!
Old 23-06-2011, 02:25 PM
Time

Any religion that teaches that you cant love someone, jsut becasue of their sex, is biased, and IMO wrong, and harmful.

The only thing i can think of, is that wicca is basicaly nature worship. And in nature life is passed from male to female. BUT i do know that there are many pagan traditions, which wicca is loosly based on, that actualy had "homosexual" rituals ( they really had no conceptof it) where mean and men, or woman and woman would have intercourse as part of a ritual...

Think too, early greeks were pagan, and homosexuality, with soldiers was common practice, and encouraged!
Old 16-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Tanith

While I can understand how paganism might be biased against homosexuality due to certain rituals where male and female are celebrated, from my experience it certainly does not seem to be. Wicca is, as Time says, a nature-based religion, so there aren't really rules concerning it. Wicca also is about love and acceptance, so any Wiccan who thinks homosexuality is not okay is just a hypocrite :)
Old 16-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Pathfinder
Most, if not all, Wiccan's could care less about who you're in love with. Now are you going to run into bigots, I'm sure you might, just like any group because individuals are individuals. But as a general rule, no one really cares as long as it's a healthy appropriate relationship (ie not abusive or with a minor)