Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by helixx
Not trying to sound snotty, but I am aware of the meaning of each of the points, which is one of the reasons I want a pentagram. Again, that sounds kind of nasty in tone, but it's not meant to be! I wear a pentagram with a moonstone center necklace. I'm just unsure of where on my wrist would the top of the star be pointing. It would seem most symmetrical to be facing my hand, however, that would mean it would be pointing down most of the time. I googled a couple of images (neither my style, but just showing orientation).

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a96/rocks_spy/steve-o/009pentagramL.jpg

shootingstarstattoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pentagram-tattoo-design.jpg

So what do you all think? I figure this is a permanent symbol, and it should be done right

If you are standing up.. the top should always point to SOURCE. That is obviously what the top point is referring to. I have one I designed on the back of my neck. So if you are putting it on your biceps, you should have it pointing up toward the sky when your head is upright. This girls is crooked lol but you get the idea.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 PM
helixx

Thanks for the responses. I think it'd be best, when on the wrist, having the top point toward the bicep. I've been debating this for about 4 years now, heh. Perhaps if there is that much debate, it would be best left undone. I'll have to debate the debate. Again, thanks for your responses.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Master
" it would be best left undone"

Good call !
Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Master
You could always try a non-permanent one - done with henna. It would fade eventually and you could discover how you felt with it in a certain position.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
NWG "They see a star someone tattooed on their body, and they think "He must be a satanist."

AO "IF the pentagram was upside down, then people may think they are a "satanist"

A good argument perhaps for not having tattoos !

Or not having tattoos if you are afraid of other people's perception of you :)
I have a tattoo of an ankh on my side, it is hidden, but it is a symbol of my love for anything Egyptian. I am thinking on getting a small owl on my wrist too...to me they are symbols but to others just tattoos, guess in that sense I can brag about them ;)
Old 07-07-2011, 04:15 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Or not having tattoos if you are afraid of other people's perception of you :)
I would think twice, or more than that, before offering a sales or customer relations job to someone with such a tattoo on the wrist. No matter how I turn it I just can't think of a good reason to employ such a person if other applicants would be available.

Perceptions affect reality, in many ways they are taken as reality.

Of course anyone is free to limit their life to whatever degree they want.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
Master
"Or not having tattoos if you are afraid of other people's perception of you"

As long as you are aware that it is something you have to consider.
Many people [including me !] are prejudiced against tattoos. I regard them as ugly graffiti. I used to be a Senior Manager in a large multinational and I interviewed many people for Junior Management positions. You have to accept that interviews are often snap decisions based on prejudices which we ALL have. Candidates with visual tattoos never got past me. Unfair ? Of course it is. I implied other failings from the tattoo. Irrational ? That too.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:32 PM
AngelicOrin

Why assume that I do not work? Or that I do not know how to be professional? I HAVE a job, and in fact if applicants do not have the common sense not to cover up, or make the tattoo discreet, that is their stupidity. I work in retail, in a Serviced Deli, and in my years of working in the company, I have come across many co-workers who have what would normally be visible tattoos, I wouldn't realise this unless there were in normal clothes or I saw a glimpse from under their sleeves. A manager at one of the stores I used to work at, he always wore long sleeved work uniform shirts, and then one day I saw why. He came in with his family shopping, he wore a teeshirt, and he had tattoos on his arms. I recently had a temporary 2nd in charge at my current store, she always wore a cardigan with her work clothes, then I spotted her arm tattoos as she was washing dishes. It all just comes down to common sense on how you present yourself....I won my new job (my current job) by wearing my good jeans to the interview. Why? Jeans are part of the uniform, we have to wear good, clean, blue jeans - that is what I did.
Old 20-07-2011, 03:25 PM
windwhistle

I don't wear a pentacle anymore. I used to because I wanted to brazenly show people that I WAS Wiccan. But Wicca is an inside job. Why flaunt it to those , (most) who will mis-understand? Why advertise something so personal as one's spiritual path? A pentacle does not make a Wiccan. In fact, I tend to view those who wear heavy Wiccan jewelry as being rebellious and 'look at me...I'm a real Wiccan and I wear this so you'll know! Who cares? Plus, sadly...the masses still view the pentagram as Satanic or a witch. Why would I want to have to deal with other people's weird opinions of me when life is complicated enough. So my question to you is.....what are your real reasons for wanting this tattoo and are they deep enough to stick with you the rest of your life....cuz that's how long that tattoo will be there!