Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 27-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Guide
Solar Plexus

Could anyone suggest anything to help me open up and clear any blockages from my solar plexus? Thank you.
eyes ablaze with intensity,
a labyrinth of her deepest emotions.

Old 27-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Guide
Qi-gong nine breath method: http://youtu.be/1vzkUUSoGuo

Tumo breathing is a pressurized breath from the belly. It's the step after the nine warrior breaths in the video

Qi-gong doesn't follow the Hindu chakra technique. It teaches about the dantien, which is pretty much the same location as solar plexus and feels similar

Hope this helps
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb.". - Pink Floyd

You'll find me here, in the back seat, just taking it all in
Old 28-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Qi-gong nine breath method: http://youtu.be/1vzkUUSoGuo

Tumo breathing is a pressurized breath from the belly. It's the step after the nine warrior breaths in the video

Qi-gong doesn't follow the Hindu chakra technique. It teaches about the dantien, which is pretty much the same location as solar plexus and feels similar

Hope this helps
I take it you mean well, but your answer doesn't help, as it's incorrect.
Dan Tien is NOT the same as the solar plexus chakra. It's NOT pretty much at the same location either and it does NOT feel the same, nor does it have a similar function. Dan Tien and any chakra are completely different.

Solar Plexus is located below the breastbone, stomach area. Dan Tien is located below the belly button.

As for their function:
The Taoist concept of dantians as energy centers is similar to the Indian yoga concept of chakras as key points where prana is stored (see also nadis). The major difference, however, is that Taoist dantians are the major energetic storage mechanisms whereas the yogic chakras are not so much storage centers, but energetic vortices which act as intake and output ports. Many traditions consider the dantians and the chakras to be separate, albeit cooperative energetic mechanisms.

The Dan Tien is the Japanese Hara point and the same as the I Am center. And NO WAY is the I Am center the same as a chakra!
Old 28-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberSky
Could anyone suggest anything to help me open up and clear any blockages from my solar plexus? Thank you.

Hello,

You can speak to your solar plexus and ask it to remove any blockages. I would suggest doing this by speaking out loud as you look into a mirror. Consider it an affirmation.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 30-03-2015, 02:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I take it you mean well, but your answer doesn't help, as it's incorrect.
Dan Tien is NOT the same as the solar plexus chakra. It's NOT pretty much at the same location either and it does NOT feel the same, nor does it have a similar function. Dan Tien and any chakra are completely different.

Solar Plexus is located below the breastbone, stomach area. Dan Tien is located below the belly button.

As for their function:
The Taoist concept of dantians as energy centers is similar to the Indian yoga concept of chakras as key points where prana is stored (see also nadis). The major difference, however, is that Taoist dantians are the major energetic storage mechanisms whereas the yogic chakras are not so much storage centers, but energetic vortices which act as intake and output ports. Many traditions consider the dantians and the chakras to be separate, albeit cooperative energetic mechanisms.

The Dan Tien is the Japanese Hara point and the same as the I Am center. And NO WAY is the I Am center the same as a chakra!

Didn't say they were the same thing. That excercise strengthens that general area, whether following the Indian or Asian teachings. The pressure breath can be used on chakras or dantien
Old 30-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Knower
Here's what the Wikipedia article about the solar plexis chakra has to say about ways to "open up and clear any blockages from my solar plexus."

"In kundalini yoga, different practices for arousing and balancing the energies of Manipura include various asanas which work on that part of the body, pranayama, Uddiyana bandha (exhaling and pulling back and up the abdomen and diaphragm, respectively) and agnisara kriya (practicing jalandhara bandha, and moving the abdomen in and out), as well as the practice of nauli (stomach churning), and a pranayama called the union of prana and apana, where the lower and higher winds are made to unite together."