Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple11
funny! In all the quizzes I have done, I was also Crystal/lavender! I definitely resonate with lavender as well. However, I had to highlight the entire chapter on crystals especially the bits about "decision paralysis" "low energy" and being affected by others moods. I really need to find a way to control/deal with this. Or perhaps, I just need to accept it and be a loner?
Oh? I don't know the book, so I don't know that woman's explanation, have only read it online on a site. Very lengthy and pretty darned accurate!

I don't have low energy and other's moods don't affect me so much anymore. Used to in the past, not so much anymore. THe low energy probably has to do with absorbing too much from others. I have learnt to control this and since, it hasn't bothered me that much anymore. In the past going to busy, crowded places was exhausting, or simply having visitors over.
Now I can easily go to a crowded pub, and actually enjoy it tremendously!

I used to think I was a loner too, but you don't have to be. All you need to learn is to manage your own energy system.
Given, I do need time on my own still, but that's okay. I now can also live a normal life, go out, parties, visit people, crowded pubs etc. Shielding and grounding helps a lot! I did a thorough course of Intuitive Development. After I'd done that, I'd learnt to keep my system balanced. Of course it is a continuing process.
And sometimes it still catches me out when I've forgotten to do regular grounding and shielding. I live alone, so at home there's no need for it. When I go out, I sometimes forget that -being as sensitive as I am- I need to protect myself.
But once you've learnt how to do that, you can do it faster and faster, and the effects of getting exhausting don't last that long either. Used to be some 3-5 days, now it's half an hour - 2 hours, depending on how I felt to begin with. (we all have bad hair days after all).

So ... there's no need to be a loner (I sometimes felt I had to live like a hermit :/ ), all you gotta do is learn to manage your energy system. And remember to do regular cleansings, for which the shower can be easy, since you have to shower anyways.

I'm also working with the Law of Attraction a lot --> Abraham Hicks, and have started to focus on positive things as much as possible. That also helps to attract positive situation and people. If you have a higher resonance, the less higher and negative people will not be attracted to you anymore. And you will spot them sooner as well, because your guidance system will tell you they aren't right for you (not nurturing).
Of course there's always the a-holes that try to leech, that's why you do need proper grounding and shielding. But a high vibration is protection as well, from the inside out, which is even stronger to be honest ...

As for absorbing / taking on other's chakra colours and characteristics ... not sure I do that so much anymore.
I am multi-faceted anyways, like a diamond shaped crystal has facets, so there's always plenty of choice in similarities. I just tap into another aspect / facet of 'me', so I can relate with someone without losing myself.
Maybe it would help you to see yourself as a multi-faceted crystal too? You just choose (consciously) which facet of it (= you) you want to make a connection with someone.
I don't really see it as taking on someone else's colour, but more that each facet of me has a different colour. Like a faceted crystal shines with rainbow colours when you turn it in light.
Maybe seeing yourself that way, will help you to stay centered?

Oops, that turned into a tome, lol. Sozz...
Old 02-03-2016, 06:14 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Oh? I don't know the book, so I don't know that woman's explanation, have only read it online on a site. Very lengthy and pretty darned accurate!

I don't have low energy and other's moods don't affect me so much anymore. Used to in the past, not so much anymore. THe low energy probably has to do with absorbing too much from others. I have learnt to control this and since, it hasn't bothered me that much anymore. In the past going to busy, crowded places was exhausting, or simply having visitors over.
Now I can easily go to a crowded pub, and actually enjoy it tremendously!

I used to think I was a loner too, but you don't have to be. All you need to learn is to manage your own energy system.
Given, I do need time on my own still, but that's okay. I now can also live a normal life, go out, parties, visit people, crowded pubs etc. Shielding and grounding helps a lot! I did a thorough course of Intuitive Development. After I'd done that, I'd learnt to keep my system balanced. Of course it is a continuing process.
And sometimes it still catches me out when I've forgotten to do regular grounding and shielding. I live alone, so at home there's no need for it. When I go out, I sometimes forget that -being as sensitive as I am- I need to protect myself.
But once you've learnt how to do that, you can do it faster and faster, and the effects of getting exhausting don't last that long either. Used to be some 3-5 days, now it's half an hour - 2 hours, depending on how I felt to begin with. (we all have bad hair days after all).

So ... there's no need to be a loner (I sometimes felt I had to live like a hermit :/ ), all you gotta do is learn to manage your energy system. And remember to do regular cleansings, for which the shower can be easy, since you have to shower anyways.

I'm also working with the Law of Attraction a lot --> Abraham Hicks, and have started to focus on positive things as much as possible. That also helps to attract positive situation and people. If you have a higher resonance, the less higher and negative people will not be attracted to you anymore. And you will spot them sooner as well, because your guidance system will tell you they aren't right for you (not nurturing).
Of course there's always the a-holes that try to leech, that's why you do need proper grounding and shielding. But a high vibration is protection as well, from the inside out, which is even stronger to be honest ...

As for absorbing / taking on other's chakra colours and characteristics ... not sure I do that so much anymore.
I am multi-faceted anyways, like a diamond shaped crystal has facets, so there's always plenty of choice in similarities. I just tap into another aspect / facet of 'me', so I can relate with someone without losing myself.
Maybe it would help you to see yourself as a multi-faceted crystal too? You just choose (consciously) which facet of it (= you) you want to make a connection with someone.
I don't really see it as taking on someone else's colour, but more that each facet of me has a different colour. Like a faceted crystal shines with rainbow colours when you turn it in light.
Maybe seeing yourself that way, will help you to stay centered?

Oops, that turned into a tome, lol. Sozz...

The book was incredibly helpful to me! I felt like there wasn't enough info on the online quizzes for me to conclude, and this had quite a bit extra on each personality. I do recommend the book, if you are interested.

as for grounding, I am working on that. It seems to be hit and miss when it works. I seem to be more successful when I ground myself to go out in public, then say- when I am having a 1 on 1 meeting. There has to be SOME sort of connection in that situation so its not as easy to detach, if that makes sense? yesterday I went ahead and took a yoga class (I've practiced in solitary for YEARS now) and I don't think I was able to "hold my grounding" during the session. There was way too much energy in the room, and instead of being refreshing- today I am drained.

Perhaps I will get better with practice? I don't think I really have any desire to improve my grounding in personal groups. Parties aren't my thing and life's to short to do something you don't love!

I do like your "multi-fasceted" example, and to an extent I do this naturally. I have always been able to connect with people in some way. When I was a kid, my mom called me "the peace keeper" I got along with EVERYONE, stopped my sisters from fighting. I can always find common ground (or colors. ;-) ) Which, I still do. I get along with everyone, yet TRULY- "connect" with no one. I feel like I can UNDERSTAND everyone. I see all sides. I understand all sides. But no one seems to understand ME. (not even I understand myself, maybe someday that will change!)

law of attraction- YES. I am a big believer in this!! HUGE. Positive affirmations. Positive thoughts. all that Jazz. However, try as I might, I can not seem to manifest ENERGY. Sure, I can manifest it for a bit. But my recharge time is just so stinking LONG. Stamina eludes me. Ive tried special diets, supplements, energy meditations, crystal grids, sigil magic. It works in a burst! But when it ends, I CRASH.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Master
I didn't mean to say you would be going to parties, just to illustrate what is possible :p
And yes, grounding will get better, easier and stronger and longer lasting the more you practice it!
But make sure you learn a real good way of grounding and shielding. Like many say, go for a walk in nature, rummage through soil with your hands, that sort of thing is NOT enough to really ground properly. Nor does it shield.
It's more of a means of letting go of stuff you collected through the day/week, but that still is not the same as grounding (properly).

Maybe you can find some stuff for HSPs to do. But if it remains difficult, I would seriously consider a workshop. I was never keen on groups either, but I've found that almost always such groups are wonderful! Like coming home, no judgement, just like a warm embrace. And just that experience in itself was valuable to me, as until then I always thought groups weren't for me.
It IS the easiest and fastest way to learn proper energy management tools (including grounding and shielding).
Such things go much faster and easier in a group, because of the group dynamic. Much easier to get the energy on a certain level than when you try to do that alone at home (you likely won't succeed).

As for the understanding ... I also have that gift of being able to see all side. I actually can see the bigger picture, which goes beyond "seeing all sides". Bigger picture for the individual, but also bigger picture concerning more global matters, about mankind etc.
Not easy, cos most don't see these things, they only see a small detail of the whole, that bit that affects them. And then they just get angry when you tell them about the bigger picture. They seem to prefer to latch on to that detail and moan about it.
So I learnt that it's better to just keep my mouth shut.
In that sense I often miss like-minded people to share with. People who also have this ability, if you can call it that.
When it comes to such things, there's few who understand me.

You know what I really really really long for? A man (I'm single, divorced) who DOES see all these facets of me and loves them! And/or at least has an interest in them, like me being that way. I know he exists, seen and felt him in a meditation, but how to meet him? haha.

I sometimes feel I am too .. erm... changeable for others to make sense of. And to me it's not really changeable, it's just me 'shifting' from one facet to the other. But it's still me. It's all me.
I'm part hippie, part gothic, part rock chick, part casual, part sexy, part 'don't give a chit (LOL), part posh, big part spiritual, part whatever... and it's ALL me!!
No wonder many ppl don't get me? Most don't even see the whole of me, only one aspect ...
And I must admit, that's mostly my choice. I often make a conscious choice what I'm going to show them and what not. So not being understood is also part of my own doing. Maybe you recognize that?
But ... there are a 'happy few' who DO see me for what I am. And that always, always always, catches me off guard! (= Clear indication that I prefer to 'hide' for whatever reason, that still eludes me).
Usually these 'happy few' are somewhat older people, mostly men ... Some seem to see right through me, and cos I'm not used to that ... quite uncomfortable.

Recognize any of that?