Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 28-03-2015, 10:57 AM
pjt_ldn

VII of Cups & The Emperor interpretations welcome

So I did my daily reading with the RWS deck yesterday, and the Emperor fell out while shuffling, while I pulled out the VII of Cups reversed.
It did make sense to me in the end, as I was asking my Guides to simply show me what I need to know and understand to further develop and grow spiritually -- but your interpretations are very welcome. So please go ahead and share your knowledge :)
Thank you!
Old 28-03-2015, 06:28 PM
PeaceLily

We can all have different interpretations for cards, and yet none are incorrect.

For me, the 7C means you have many choices, just pick one and stick with it, don't spread yourself thin. As in, learn the RWS method (since you have started to learn it) before taking on another.

The Emperor always means an older, respectable, knowledgeable person, usually it's a male. Perhaps a mentor?

I never read cards as reversed. Jumpers are interesting, my friend says they do not want to be included in the reading, so when they jump out she puts them to the side.

Your cards, you make the rules lol!
Old 29-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Tsuga

Just for fun - (and the first thing to pop into the mind) - the cup reversed made me think of a die cast in a turn of a game. The Emperor may reflect the opposite player and to continue the game play a further card must be drawn - to see who wins.

But what game is it: ace's high, snakes & ladders, boggle, ludo, to court the king ... ?

Cosmic Wimpout ?

Last edited by Tsuga : 29-03-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 29-03-2015, 03:22 PM
Tsuga

On a shelf in my room sits my tarot box and I noticed some cards were underneath. I remembered shuffling the cards a week or two ago, and had gotten a couple of jumpers: the Emperor and the Hierophant. There were also 7 other cards, face down.
The nine cards had been placed beneath the box and left untouched and forgotten ...

Continuing the line of thought with the above post, the 7 cards were re-shuffled and dealt out to the Emperor and the Hierophant. 1 card was left in the middle.

Who do think will win the game. The Emperor or the Hierophant ?
Old 29-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceLily
I never read cards as reversed. Jumpers are interesting, my friend says they do not want to be included in the reading, so when they jump out she puts them to the side.

Your cards, you make the rules lol!

Exactly! All three points are good ones, PeaceLily.

Reversals are so unnecessary and only add confusion to an already complex process. Tarot is elegant in its complex simplicity and reversals mess that up.

And I love the different take on "jumpers"...people forget that there are different perceptions and interpretations. (One of my former students uses them the same way, or occasionally as a separate reading for the client if time/timing is an issue.)

It's worth repeating that yes, it's all up to the reader: "Your cards, you make the rules."
Old 29-03-2015, 04:35 PM
JoyfulJoyce

My thoughts are very similar to PeaceLily's. I just did a reading for a friend and had the 7C come up and I, also, had the word "choices" pop into my head (I use my intuition first and then look at the booklet for fun). With choices, you will have many, which is great, really! But, the down side, is that too many choices can be overwhelming. Stick to the plan, stan! But keep track of your choices and if one doesn't work try another :)

I, also, don't read reverse. Just never felt it necessary.
Old 31-03-2015, 12:51 PM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjt_ldn
So I did my daily reading with the RWS deck yesterday, and the Emperor fell out while shuffling, while I pulled out the VII of Cups reversed.
It did make sense to me in the end, as I was asking my Guides to simply show me what I need to know and understand to further develop and grow spiritually -- but your interpretations are very welcome. So please go ahead and share your knowledge :)
Thank you!

If you are looking for different views on these two cards here is my two pennies worth,
7 of Cups Rx - you seem to be closed off to, or not seeing the opportunity of exploring the many different avenues of spirituality, it could be that you are focused on one particular system or area instead of looking at the bigger picture .
The Emperor although traditionally seen as a person of authority can also be someone who is a stickler for rules/organisation/structure. He prefers you to follow the rules instead of pushing the boundaries. The Emperor can show himself when new opportunities are on the horizon that, if viable, are worth grabbing.
So in summary, start investigating other spiritual practices, take what works for you from them. Spirituality is not set in stone, it is pliable and flexible, learn the structure of them but make your own rules.

Obviously everyone's view on the cards are different but this is how I see these 2 cards. I read the reversals, I didn't for a long time but I love the nuances reversals can bring to the cards.