Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-07-2019, 05:05 AM
Knower

Just yesterday during my meditation, i felt as if someone pluged electricity on my two fingers of right hand, they started shaking. Soon after that, my head started moving on its own. Right and left and also up and down. It was involuntary and my head felt all magnetic.

I was searching about what this means and see, here i see this post.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay.kishan
Just yesterday during my meditation, i felt as if someone pluged electricity on my two fingers of right hand, they started shaking. Soon after that, my head started moving on its own. Right and left and also up and down. It was involuntary and my head felt all magnetic.

I was searching about what this means and see, here i see this post.

Two times it happened for me to feel that a part of my body had so much energy that it started burning, it's hard to describe it in words.. I felt an intense warm at one of my legs, then after few seconds it disappeared, later on I felt the same intense warm at one of my hands.It happened while in deep meditation.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Master

It happened again, after one hour of deep meditation, my heart started to have palpitations... and when I stopped my meditation session, the palpitations disappeared instantly.. it is not pleasant at all.. Now, something more, when my body starts to move on its own, you know, a leg or my hand, I started to have flashes, it's hard to describe it in words.. This only happens when I reach a deep meditation state, I can reach it even in just few minutes... otherwise, I have no problems..
Old 09-07-2019, 02:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Not to worry anyone, but I started having this a few years ago and they progressed into full non-epileptic seizures. I thought they were kundalini kriyas, now I think my body just hasn't been working properly.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Not to worry anyone, but I started having this a few years ago and they progressed into full non-epileptic seizures. I thought they were kundalini kriyas, now I think my body just hasn't been working properly.

Maybe this is happening to me too.How are you doing now? Are you better?
Old 09-07-2019, 04:06 PM
Master
LadyMay can you expand on this one?Your input might be helpful for the OP and other members as well.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Okay so to clarify, it turned out I had psychogenic seizures, caused by dissociation, which progressively got worse until I was diagnosed first with NEAD (non-epileptic attack disorder) and then DID (dissociative identity disorder). In my case, I had a history of trauma due to long-term childhood abuse and when I found meditation it seemed to bring this out in the form of spontaneous movements. I assumed it to be a good, cleansing thing, but going deeper into it only worsened it as it strengthened the pathways in my brain that said this was 'normal' behaviour. So I have had to gradually reprogram my brain over the last few years to not be triggered, both psychologically and physically in that way. Because it got so bad I had to stop all meditation entirely for this time as it would trigger an attack, but now I have worked enough on it that I can meditate a little. The spasms do not happen as much and I find myself much more relaxed overall.

I honestly think it is something that happens when the brain and body are mismatched and maybe the kundalini process highlights this mismatching (as my kundalini was activated before all this started happening), but I don't think it's necessarily 'cleansing', I think it's something that should be noted like thoughts during meditation but then awareness and focus brought back to the object of choice without allowing the body to get 'carried away' so to speak. They are kinda like thoughts manifested physically that way. If you let them run wild then they will. If you cut them off as distractions then they dissipate.

I hope that makes/is useful to anyone.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Okay so to clarify, it turned out I had psychogenic seizures, caused by dissociation, which progressively got worse until I was diagnosed first with NEAD (non-epileptic attack disorder) and then DID (dissociative identity disorder). In my case, I had a history of trauma due to long-term childhood abuse and when I found meditation it seemed to bring this out in the form of spontaneous movements. I assumed it to be a good, cleansing thing, but going deeper into it only worsened it as it strengthened the pathways in my brain that said this was 'normal' behaviour. So I have had to gradually reprogram my brain over the last few years to not be triggered, both psychologically and physically in that way. Because it got so bad I had to stop all meditation entirely for this time as it would trigger an attack, but now I have worked enough on it that I can meditate a little. The spasms do not happen as much and I find myself much more relaxed overall.

I honestly think it is something that happens when the brain and body are mismatched and maybe the kundalini process highlights this mismatching (as my kundalini was activated before all this started happening), but I don't think it's necessarily 'cleansing', I think it's something that should be noted like thoughts during meditation but then awareness and focus brought back to the object of choice without allowing the body to get 'carried away' so to speak. They are kinda like thoughts manifested physically that way. If you let them run wild then they will. If you cut them off as distractions then they dissipate.

I hope that makes/is useful to anyone.

Thank you for your answer! I am really sorry for the abuse you have faced in your childhood, I've been there.It may be that I have the same problem, I used to suffer from severe depression and anxiety but now I am much better.The thing is that I faced all the pain with no defense, I said to myself that if I want to get better, I have to face all the pain of my past and I really did it and I am still doing it even today.I understand, I think I am going to take a break too.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:59 AM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I think I am going to take a break too.

Hello ThatMan,

When it appends deep observation and relaxation is the key. Simply scanning very slowly the body from the feet to the top of the head feeling every cells relaxing as you go up and observing the chakras fill with awareness does wonders.

Enjoy!
Old 15-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Administrator
Hello

It most likely is the Astral Projection or Out of Body Experience happening. This is where the Astral Body leaves the Physical Body. It is said that we are two part one being the physical body and one being the soul body or Astral Body.

This is something many seek to have happen to have that Astral Trave l Experience.

Here is some information.

What are the sensations of astral projection?
Many different sensations can be felt prior to, during or following an Out of Body Experience, however, one of the most common sensations reported by those attempting to astral project are vibrations.

What Causes the Vibrations?

This feeling is like electricity, that tingling, or vibration occurs when the Chakras or energy points reach a synchronized resonation. This can be spontaneous or can be brought on via meditation or even conscious thought practice.

How does this Lead to Astral Projection?

When one enters Astral Travel, the Astral Body is released from the Physical Body. It is like separating wallpaper from the wall. There is a glue that holds the paper to the wall once loosened the paper is set free from the wall.

When the Astral Travel is voluntary your aware of the leaving of the body, your aware of the Astral Rope being there connecting the Physical Body to the Astral Body. When one leaves the body in the sleeping or dream state the experience can be quite different and dramatic. You can feel like your being shaken or even pinned down. This feeling comes form the conflict with the brain not understanding why a part of the body is leaving.

There is a Lucid Dreaming state where you often have that sensation of flying, but if your out of the body you can experience a sudden re entry. This is referred to as a Heavy Torso Exit.

What does the Vibration Feel Like?

The vibrations is different for everyone it can range from a slight tingling, or a heavy vibration that rocks the body. Many say its like an electrical current running through the body, similar to when you get a mild electric shock.
When you have not experienced this vibration, it can be quite unsettling, but if it occurs in meditation then you have the opportunity to control it and move with it. Staying calm and in that state of awareness that it’s a safe experience often on moves freely out and back in.

If this is not a state one wants to experience, then you control that vibration by breaking the meditation state. Often it is the music ext that we choose to meditate with that creates that vibrational state alignment with our Charkas or energy field and we are one with that and drawn outwards.

Lynn

Meditation often aligns the vibrations of the Chakras or Energy Field of our body, this creates that state where we can "step out".