Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-08-2019, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
In the eyes of the god, I’m not sure it’s about god allowing. The process of human development learns as it goes through everything. Choices become more choices, seeing more means seeing more ways the whole of life is. Our limited perception is reviewed continuously through an ongoing process of opening to more. A child born into wholeness who’s not conditioned but nurtured through its own openings, beyond human conditioning, can understand through complete eyes, the nature of what is. Most spiritual seekers see through eyes of seperation so it’s in these views of god allowing, it becomes more about, i allow until I see more, I act when my inner wisdom wants more, I listen to the truth through my process ongoing to know all this. Allowing can simply means we let go into what is, let the process within all that ‘I am’ show me more.
True, but what I am speaking of, is about humans not taking any responsibility for their own actions which cause their suffering - seeing as how we create our own reality and all, which has nothing to do with God.

Why did God make chocolate fattening? I mean, I should be able to eat as much chocolate as I want and not put on any weight....BAD GOD!

Why is my spiritual progress at a standstill? I should be able to get up at 11am every day, start my day with 2 cups of coffee and a bacon and egg roll, jump online to see how many "likes" I have received on Facebook overnight, not do any volunteer/charity work..not do any meditation or sadhana...do everything TAMASIC that could ever be included in the guna of Tamas and still get Moksha right?....BAD GOD! Why you create chocolate? coffee? weed? comfy beds? internets? Netflix? any loving God would NEVER create such things because they only take our attention away from loving Him...
Old 06-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMVS7
Even if there was some cure that already exists, so many people are unaware of it. If god is offering some opportunity for people to relieve their illnesses, then many people are unaware of this opportunity. Even if these people were aware, some people can't do it. Not because they're too lazy and unwilling. But, because they literally can't do it. For example, imagine some diseased, poor, starving people who don't have the money and resources to take up god's offer.
Unaware of it or unwilling TO become aware of it?

If I were to give the "magic bullet" how many would BELIEVE they could be cured to even look at what I have to offer without immediately saying "what a load of rubbish?"

Nope, God would also get thrown in the box with every other "charlatan" online..I mean, I ain't even charging any money...but that makes no difference.

Now, if I were to show you a video by Dr. Gabor Mate, would you watch it?

You probably would not, because you already BELIEVE that God is the sadistic demiurge who receives pleasure in tormenting humans, so you would disagree with anything which would posit to the contrary, wouldn't you? and do you know why? because you are HAPPY to be suffering...as a lot of people ARE! If their suffering went away, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves because they have built up their whole identity around it ..cannot even accept there may be an alternative out there..

So, here is that video anyway... don't choose to watch it at your leisure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBRrVqAAs8

Ooohh it goes for three hours?

How much time do you think the answer to all your questions should go for? Who sets that limit? How bad do you want it?

By the way, are you still praying to God, or did you give that up after it didn't work the FIRST time?

I am done.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:16 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Unaware of it or unwilling TO become aware of it?

If I were to give the "magic bullet" how many would BELIEVE they could be cured to even look at what I have to offer without immediately saying "what a load of rubbish?"

Nope, God would also get thrown in the box with every other "charlatan" online..I mean, I ain't even charging any money...but that makes no difference.

Now, if I were to show you a video by Dr. Gabor Mate, would you watch it?

You probably would not, because you already BELIEVE that God is the sadistic demiurge who receives pleasure in tormenting humans, so you would disagree with anything which would posit to the contrary, wouldn't you? and do you know why? because you are HAPPY to be suffering...as a lot of people ARE! If their suffering went away, they wouldn't know what to do with themselves because they have built up their whole identity around it ..cannot even accept there may be an alternative out there..

So, here is that video anyway... don't choose to watch it at your leisure.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsBRrVqAAs8

Ooohh it goes for three hours?

How much time do you think the answer to all your questions should go for? Who sets that limit? How bad do you want it?

By the way, are you still praying to God, or did you give that up after it didn't work the FIRST time?

I am done.

You make a false assumption when you assume people are happy to suffer if they disagree with that video. Some people literally aren't convinced. Many people would love to have their suffering cured, but disagree with a lot of things. Also, let's pretend there were some people who lived in a very ignorant part of the world, where they didn't have much money and resources. How are they supposed to be aware of the information in the video you're presenting? I don't see how.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
You make a false assumption when you assume people are happy to suffer if they disagree with that video. Some people literally aren't convinced. Many people would love to have their suffering cured, but disagree with a lot of things. Also, let's pretend there were some people who lived in a very ignorant part of the world, where they didn't have much money and resources. How are they supposed to be aware of the information in the video you're presenting? I don't see how.
You have made a post on a forum, which you presented here to be answered by other members who post on this forum - those who have enough money to be able to put at least $10 on their mobile SIM card every week, right?

So, not everyone will get to see you blaming God for their suffering, because they will not be able to afford it...so they would be none the wiser about their suffering or the cause of it either.

I mean, you could have just cut straight to the chase and asked why God causes babies to die...but you didn't and that is good, because I didn't feel like writing an essay on Karma...but it is the same thing.

You have presented your argument ON a forum and those who CAN afford the internet and who HAVE found this forum can do one of two things here....either reply to you or NOT reply to you...and I was about to do the latter, seeing as how all of your posts are about the same thing, just using different arrangements of words...why does God let people suffer if He is supposed to be a loving God? Why is life so unfair? How come there is so much misery in the world? Waaaa....waaaa...

I have said it before, will say it again, it is for those very arguments that people adopt the path of Atheism, cut to the chase and just say "God does NOT exist!"

So, what is stopping you from doing that?

....and did YOU watch that video seeing as how YOU asked all those questions?

Of COURSE not!

I don't assume anything either, because I KNOW!
Old 06-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
You have made a post on a forum, which you presented here to ba answered by other members who post on this forum - those who have enough money to be able to put at least $10 on their mobile SIM card every week, right?

So, not everyone will get to see you blaming God for their suffering, because they will not be able to afford it...so they would be none the wiser about their suffering or the cause of it either.

I mean, I out could have just cut straight to the chase and asked why God causes babies to die...but you didn't and that is good, because I didn't feel like writing an essay on Karma...but it is the same thing.

You have presented your argument ON a forum and those who CAN afford the internet and who HAVE found this forum can do one of two things here....either reply to you or NOT reply to you...and I was about to do the latter, seeing as how all of your posts are about the same thing, just using different arrangements of words...why does God let people suffer if He is supposed to be a loving God? Why is life so unfair? How come there is so much misery in the world? Waaaa....waaaa...

I have said it before, will say it again, it is for those very arguments that people adopt the path of Atheism, cut to the chase and just say "God does NOT exist!"

So, what is stopping you from doing that?

....and did YOU watch that video seeing as how YOU asked all those questions?

Of COURSE not!

I don't assume anything either, because I KNOW!

What's stopping me is that I'm unable to discover the truth in regards to debatable topics. The existence of god is debatable, which means I'm undecided on his existence. But, just in case he does exist, then I think it's justified to blame him. As for the video, I'll watch it later on. In the meantime, I'm just having this discussion. As for the idea that some people are just happy to suffer, that's true for some people. But, not all people. I'm not one of those people. So, even if I disagreed with that video, it has nothing to do with me being happy to suffer. I think many people make so many false assumptions about me, which means they lack understanding of me. I'm just trying to clear things up, so people do have an understanding of me.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Master
Quote:
What's stopping me is that I'm unable to discover the truth in regards to debatable topics. The existence of god is debatable, which means I'm undecided on his existence. But, just in case he does exist, then I think it's justified to blame him. As for the video, I'll watch it later on. In the meantime, I'm just having this discussion. As for the idea that some people are just happy to suffer, that's true for some people. But, not all people. I'm not one of those people. So, even if I disagreed with that video, it has nothing to do with me being happy to suffer. I think many people make so many false assumptions about me, which means they lack understanding of me. I'm just trying to clear things up, so people do have an understanding of me.
So, your conditioned beliefs are stopping you. That is fair enough.

It goes back to what I said before.

If your conditioned beliefs are the cause of your suffering, wouldn't you like to be able to change your conditioned beliefs to be free of your suffering?

The problem is that some people believe that conditioned beliefs cannot be changed when science says otherwise...it is called neuroplasticity.

The video I have posted is all about neuroplasticity.

At the moment, I am trying to stop my subconscious mind from attacking my nervous system through ecstatic dance..... neuroplasticity.

Now, I can always say that I don't believe conditioned cognition and beliefs can be changed despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary....what a great excuse to keep me stuck where I am, isn't it?

"I don't believe it exists, therefore it doesn't exist and therefore I am justified in my beliefs because I don't believe it does".

It is quite humorous when one thinks about it.

As for people in poor societies...my favourite quote actually comes from the Shamanic tradition of Native America...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...FtAJ97ygJCFMIk

Now I need to do things for the next hour or two.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
So, your conditioned beliefs are stopping you. That is fair enough.

It goes back to what I said before.

If your conditioned beliefs are the cause of your suffering, wouldn't you like to be able to change your conditioned beliefs to be free of your suffering?

The problem is that some people believe that conditioned beliefs cannot be changed when science says otherwise...it is called neuroplasticity.

The video I have posted is all about neuroplasticity.

At the moment, I am trying to stop my subconscious mind from attacking my nervous system through ecstatic dance..... neuroplasticity.

Now, I can always say that I don't believe conditioned cognition and beliefs can be changed despite all of the scientific evidence to the contrary....what a great excuse to keep me stuck where I am, isn't it?

"I don't believe it exists, therefore it doesn't exist and therefore I am justified in my beliefs because I don't believe it does".

It is quite humorous when one thinks about it.

As for people in poor societies...my favourite quote actually comes from the Shamanic tradition of Native America...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...FtAJ97ygJCFMIk

Now I need to do things for the next hour or two.

The reason why I'm undecided as to whether god exists or not is because of ignorance. I'm ignorant when it comes to various topics, and that's why I don't know the truth in regards to these topics. Who knows, it could be the case that people think they know the truth when it comes to controversial/debatable topics, and they really don't know the truth.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
The reason why I'm undecided as to whether god exists or not is because of ignorance. I'm ignorant when it comes to various topics, and that's why I don't know the truth in regards to these topics. Who knows, it could be the case that people think they know the truth when it comes to controversial/debatable topics, and they really don't know the truth.
Before I go and have my shower...

If, by your own admission, you don't know the truth in regards to these topics, how can you be so certain that others really don't know the truth?

Is it that you are judging the perception of others according to your own standards of "not knowing" or is it your ego which prevents another from knowing the truth because you do not?

If you let this sink in, it is going to hurt...but it will do you good in the long run.

......and it's also why the Divine allows suffering because what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger, isn't it?

Now, I will give the stage over to others....they don't hang around at the same time that I do.
Old 06-08-2019, 01:04 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Before I go and have my shower...

If, by your own admission, you don't know the truth in regards to these topics, how can you be so certain that others really don't know the truth?

Is it that you are judging the perception of others according to your own standards of "not knowing" or is it your ego which prevents another from knowing the truth because you do not?

If you let this sink in, it is going to hurt...but it will do you good in the long run.

......and it's also why the Divine allows suffering because what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger, isn't it?

Now, I will give the stage over to others....they don't hang around at the same time that I do.

Actually, I don't know if others don't know the truth. I just said it could be the case others don't know the truth, and they just think they know. I'll bold a key phrase in my sentence, which clearly indicates I'm undecided as to whether people don't know the truth:

Quote:
Who knows, it could be the case that people think they know the truth when it comes to controversial/debatable topics, and they really don't know the truth.