Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 06-12-2014, 07:27 AM
yumi14

Do you need to re-baptize if you fall away from God but come back to him?

Lets say a person gets baptized and was in full acceptance of God, but life took a terrible turn and the person fell away from God for a period of time and rebelled or was destructive or whatnot.

Once that person finds God again, has repented and has straightened themselves out, is it necessary to get baptized all over again?

Thank you
Old 06-12-2014, 09:03 AM
Pathfinder

No, definitely no.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:05 AM
yumi14

You seem sure. Why are you convinced one doesn't need to be baptized again after falling away from God?
Old 07-12-2014, 02:54 AM
Guide

no. just keep praying whole heartedly and with love to God to take care of everything. baptism was the beginning of your awakening/remembering the Almighty. the journey never ends.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 07-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi14
You seem sure. Why are you convinced one doesn't need to be baptized again after falling away from God?

Why do you think baptism cancels out sin? Why do you think something physical is the way to God being willing to not count sin?

Explain why you think a human needs to be washed by water, when sin has nothing to do with physical water? What has forgiveness to do with water? Why is Christianity haunted by these questions?
Old 07-12-2014, 07:05 AM
yumi14

I never said I think baptism cancels out sin.

My question is straight forward.

If a person who was baptized yet falls from God, and returns to him once again.... and after repentance, does one need to get baptized again?

I think baptism is like a Covenant with God. The water acts as drowning the old self and being born a new self when they emerge from the water.

Being cleansed of sins is more than just baptism. Its by true repentance, turning away from sinful ways, keeping the commandments, accepting Christ, etc

It really was a simple question.

I get the most strife when posting in this forum. Its ridiculous.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:13 AM
yumi14

I'm asking this question for a CHRISTIAN perspective. That's why its in this forum.

If you are not Christian and don't have anything constructive to say or want to tear people down, then please don't bother replying. I'm tired of rude replies in this forum that attack people for their beliefs. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:04 PM
Guide

yumi,

this is my experience. i was baptized catholic at about 4 yrs old (over 40 yrs ago). i remember the blessing 'waking' me up and doing something to me in my heart. over the years, i grew up and spiritually, worse. in the last 6 yrs, i've grown to love God more. So no, it's not necessary, but if it makes you feel happy in your heart to do it again - why not? I know I didn't do it again and catholics don't. i'd have to go another route. but the blessing never leaves. jmho.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I'm asking this question for a CHRISTIAN perspective. That's why its in this forum.

If you are not Christian and don't have anything constructive to say or want to tear people down, then please don't bother replying. I'm tired of rude replies in this forum that attack people for their beliefs. Thank you.

Some things need to be torn down; this is why Jesus never baptized anyone, nor Paul; because Christians elevate and make things important, that are not. They try and make things relevant and put more restraints on people;

then call you rude if you seek to free people from their bondage.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:23 PM
Master
Quote:
I never said I think baptism cancels out sin.

My question is straight forward.

If a person who was baptized yet falls from God, and returns to him once again.... and after repentance, does one need to get baptized again?

I think baptism is like a Covenant with God. The water acts as drowning the old self and being born a new self when they emerge from the water.

Being cleansed of sins is more than just baptism. Its by true repentance, turning away from sinful ways, keeping the commandments, accepting Christ, etc

It really was a simple question.

I get the most strife when posting in this forum. Its ridiculous.

Its ridiculous how Christians seek to place weights on other believers, baptism is NOT a covenant with God, and has absolutely nothing to do with the forgiveness of sin; and hey, if you want to get biblical proof of this, then I can show it; true conversion has nothing to do with repentance, turning away from sin, accepting Christ and keeping the commandments ; ALL those are Christian weights which they gladly place on believers;

and I catch strife from Christians for telling others not to listen to them.