Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-11-2014, 09:40 PM
jojo95

Need some help

Hello, my name is Joey. I’m going back to college, and I want to be a Christian Counselor. I’m taking Ministry and Psychology. I’m looking for a friend to help me if I need some help with understanding the Bible. I attended college back in the 80’s for two years, because of hardship I didn’t go back. It has always been on my mind for all of those years to go back, but I didn’t think it was possible with work and kids. I just didn’t see how I would do it with my work. I work from 6.15 am to 5.15 pm Monday through Friday. I have been praying to God telling Him I wanted to serve Him, and if He would show me the door I would open it. I feel there is no greater honor to serve God. This summer something told me to call the college that I attended in the 80’s. I didn’t think those credits were still good, but I called anyway. Well to my surprise they were and now I’m taking online classes that works around my job and kids. It was like everything fell into place. I was able to pick up where I left off, and only need two years to get my Bachelor’s degree. I’m looking for some friends to help me if I need any help with the Bible. I also pray that God will open my mind to understand, and that I will meet new friends for support. I’m not a beginner in the Bible, but there are some parts of it I may need help in. I know that God will send me the friends I need to help me with more understanding of the Bible.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Master
So? Ask... if you need help.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 07-11-2014, 07:25 PM
Ascender

understand this going to school that teaches the bible doesn't mean one will get accurate knowledge. Men of God from days of old didn't go to ANY school. Yet they knew God's words like the back of their hands. It's good to pray for help because God want us to have ACCURATE knowledge. it can save our lives ,(1Tim. 2:3,4 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth). I have a few questions that you really need to dig deep before you answer yourself. Do you want the truth regardless of the outcome of knowing it? ,(Rom.12:2 and Luke 21:16,17). are you willing to follow the words Jesus taught which is of his Father or what man teaches concerning God's words? ,(John 15:18 and Matt. 16:24).

see (John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). And (John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). because ,(Matt.8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed). Would you believe JESUS... when he say he has a Father if this means saying your life?, (John 3:16,17 Matt.3:17 John 20:17 Matt.3:17). How about getting to KNOW his Father in order to gain life? ,(John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent).

his Father is the God of Israel, and he gave us a name which MANY refuse to acknowledge ,(Exo. 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them). Would you agree or not with Jesus when he show we should pray TO his FATHER, and not HIMSELF ,(Matt. 6:9). see ,(John 9:31). Jesus showed we do have to pray to his Father, he did! ,(John 11:41,42 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me).

MANY say they want the truth, but when they see it, they refuse it. Because it doesn't fit into their worldly schedule. Case in point ,MANY “christians” knows fornicators won't enter God's kingdom ,(1Cor. 6:9), yet still do it. Many believe one can live as they please, NOT really following the steps Jesus placed for us. And STILL have a first class ticket to Heaven. Sadly Jesus gave us something we better pay close attention to ,(Matt. 7:22,23 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity). peace
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
jojo95

Thank you jojo50. I know there is so meny different interpretation of the Bible i want to know the truth
Old 10-11-2014, 03:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo95
Thank you jojo50. I know there is so meny different interpretation of the Bible i want to know the truth

You, and everyone else.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo95

You're very welcome, and remember what Jesus said at Matt. 7:7,8, (“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened”). And despite what MANY believe Jesus to mean here. He WASN'T referring to material things. He was speaking spiritual. See ,(Matt. 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also).

And (Matt.6:24 -No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon, (wealth). And here, (Luke 18:21-25), Jesus told the rich man to give up ALL his riches, follow him and gain riches in Heaven. The man didn't want to lose his riches). As someone had said from the forum, “we ALL do”. Sadly MANY who say we do, REALLY don't! They STILL want to do as the rest of the world does. They STILL want to be buddies with them who refuse to follow Jesus. And they don't want to be hated and persecuted because they follow Jesus. Which is a NO-NO ,(Pro. 4:14,15).

But Jesus said this concerning these who TRULY follow him, and ISN'T of the world ,(John 15:18-21 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own. but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. lessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful). peace
Old 11-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Master
Regarding translations, most of them do not vary significantly on the important issues of scripture.
Archaeological finds such as with the Dead Sea Scrolls validate the accuracy of our present texts, and translations.

Isaiah is most comprehesive of the books found in the Dead Sea Scrolls.

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/category/daily/biblical-artifacts/dead-sea-scrolls/

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein