Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 20-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
He saved us from sin so we can live after we die.Its got nothing to do with this world.we are responsible for this world.
Jesus also done some great things when he lived for his people

Anthony c,

I am sure if you think about it you will also say that Christ saved us from sin so that we can live WHILE we live. This is the saving that really matters because not only does it save the sinner but it also sets an example of the Christian life for others........meaning your children, your relatives, the people you work with, etc. I think particularly of people saved from various addictions and former lives of crime.
Old 20-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Guide

For me Jesus is for everyone whatever your beliefs, opinions or theological perspective.
Old 20-09-2014, 06:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Depends what sins we're talking about. Anything at all can be called a sin. "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". If by sin, you mean anything that hurts another and could be avoided, then I already don't want to sin. I don't need Jesus or anyone else to tell me that it is wrong to hurt people in any way.

I spend most of my life on this journey inside. Again, no Jesus.

In meditation, any voices we hear are created purely by our own mind. The message might be divine, but the interpretation and translation of that message is made by your own brain cells. If you already sort of half believed the whole christianity thing, then that's how any message would manifest in your conscious mind. Someone receiving the same message but raised as a Muslim would hear it as one of their characters, someone from a shamanic culture would receive the same message but from an entirely different character or in a different voice or using different language etc.

This is why I believe that although the bible is an interesting read, it should not be taken as gospel. It is a few people's interpretations of their mostly second-hand experiences. It is about as reliable as a source of information as a Holywood movie that states at the beginning, "based on a true story". The underlying story is, I believe, valid. The words and the characters are just that, words and characters. Much like Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The underlying story is that a lost soul wandered into an unfamiliar domain, tried different aspects of lives out for compatibility, was identified and accepted. Yet there's no way there were really three bears with beds and porridge and chairs in a nice little house.
Hi
Sorry i started this thread to tell what happened to me and to send a message to accept Jesus as our savior.That's what i believe
I did not want to argue with you.u have free will to believe what you want.
Everyone has free will also so they can make up there own mind but i believe
the answer in inside you.
It was not what i heard and it was not Jesus that talked to me i don't know who butttt i felt and understood in my being what it meant.
love and peace to you man
Old 20-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Through teaching and example Christ showed us how we can be our own saviour ....

Yeshua, Jesus, is the Savior of the world, of all who will recieve Him, because he fulfilled the task He was incarnate into the world, for...
The work of the atoning Lamb of God, as John the Baptist had referred to Him at His baptism.

Baptism, btw, was a practice of the community of the Essenes, the separate community of Jews who saved the texts, the archaeological artifacts found in Qumran, called, "The Dead Sea Scrolls".

Jesus knew Who He was from his youth, and what His primary purpose was. Unlike any of us, He was pure in spirit, and without the stain of sin.
With which we all are afflicted.
Otherwise, His sacrifice would have been of no value, accomplished on our behalf, and for our Salvation.

And neither would yours, "knight". No... we could not be our own savior.

From -
http://www.realtime.net/~wdoud/topics/levitsac.html

"The effect of the sin offering was forgiveness of the sin and cleansing from the pollution of sin (Lev. 4:20,26,31,35; 5:10; 12:8; 14:20; 16:19).

Its presentation assumed that the offeror was conscious of sin; and the laying on of the hands was understood to mean that the sin was to be transferred to the animal (Lev. 4:4,14)."

- A review of the atoning sacrifices ordained by God for the sake of the remission of sin, and extension of His Grace, Mercy, and Favor upon the Nation, and regarding individuals as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fundamentally, it must be understood that Jesus’ work on the cross was the fulfillment of the law and the prophets."

http://returningking.com/new/?p=667

Hebrews 9:22 -

"... and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Guide

Matthew 12:7 ►
New International Version
If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
Old 20-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Master

Quote:
When you really accept that Jesus as your savior u will feel so much love u don't want to do sins anymore otherwise you don't believe it in your heart if u
carry on with sin as you want.

Can you please provide us with a thorough, complete comprehensive list of sins Jesus saves us from for our perusal? We need to know this!
Old 20-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen
Can you please provide us with a thorough, complete comprehensive list of sins Jesus saves us from for our perusal? We need to know this!
All sin
If you believe all your sin has been forgiven then sin does not matter.
Like i don't even think of sin any more cause it does not matter its been forgiven because i believe that Jesus is my savior from sin i have done.
Old 20-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
All sin
If you believe all your sin has been forgiven then sin does not matter.
Like i don't even think of sin any more cause it does not matter its been forgiven because i believe that Jesus is my savior from sin i have done.

So re my earlier point then, we can all sin as much as we like, because Jesus will take the rap for it no matter what we do.

Praise Jesus, chief Blame-taker.

Thanks Jesus, but you're burdened with enough responsibility and expectation. Rest in peace. I'll take responsibility for my own actions, thanks for the offer though.

Last edited by Badger1777 : 20-09-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 20-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Badger; Amen - You truly understand my mate at the core of His teaching - take responsibility for the Self,and do so fully He said,rely on no other,stop following them blindly but seek always,the inner communion...You do make us smile with that sarcastic humour too Namaste..
Old 20-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaZen

Are you serious? Honestly?
Does you're profile list your age? Curious...

So well understood, that a movie was made about it. (Brad Pit)
Was it just, "Seven"? Regarding the, "seven deadly sins"? As, on the flip side also there are "the seven virtues", no?
Seriously, who do you think you are kidding?

Not that we need the list, do we? As humanity's "Fall" and sinful condition is evident every day in the News.
Some however insist on covering their eyes, and their ears... but unlike the iconic chimps, they can't help communicating obsurdities, and folly.
To their own detriment.

Pick up a Newspaper some day, or tune in.

No, your profile doesn't list your age, but, seeing you've been here awhile, I'm betting you are not a juvenile, so, you are without excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Yeshua, Jesus, is the Savior of the world, of all who will recieve Him, because he fulfilled the task He was incarnate into the world, for...
The work of the atoning Lamb of God, as John the Baptist had referred to Him at His baptism.

Baptism, btw, was a practice of the community of the Essenes, the separate community of Jews who saved the texts, the archaeological artifacts found in Qumran, called, "The Dead Sea Scrolls".

Jesus knew Who He was from his youth, and what His primary purpose was. Unlike any of us, He was pure in spirit, and without the stain of sin.
With which we all are afflicted.
Otherwise, His sacrifice would have been of no value, accomplished on our behalf, and for our Salvation.

And neither would yours, "knight". No... we could not be our own savior.

From -
http://www.realtime.net/~wdoud/topics/levitsac.html

"The effect of the sin offering was forgiveness of the sin and cleansing from the pollution of sin (Lev. 4:20,26,31,35; 5:10; 12:8; 14:20; 16:19).

Its presentation assumed that the offeror was conscious of sin; and the laying on of the hands was understood to mean that the sin was to be transferred to the animal (Lev. 4:4,14)."

- A review of the atoning sacrifices ordained by God for the sake of the remission of sin, and extension of His Grace, Mercy, and Favor upon the Nation, and regarding individuals as well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fundamentally, it must be understood that Jesus’ work on the cross was the fulfillment of the law and the prophets."

http://returningking.com/new/?p=667

Hebrews 9:22 -

"... and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins."

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein