Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 17-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Dawn

Taking just a moment to breathe

(Not sure where exactally to post this at, but I had the biggest itch telling me that I had to share this. So, here goes, and my apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section!)

Yesterday and the day before, the weather's been windy. The clouds have been thick with dark bottoms. The threat of scattered rain lingering around.

Well, I got up and looked out a window, like I do every morning, it was difficult to miss how dark the sky overhead looked. However, over at the horizon there was this line, the edge of the big clouds where I could see the rising sun's light shining at.
I thought that was interesting, but not much else about it until a bit later when I saw sunlight outside.
The thick clouds were still overhead, but they'd moved. Waaayyyy over at the horizon to the east, just beyond the cloud's edge, I could see the bit of sky peeking out. Right over head was blue sky and bright sunlight.
On a spur of the moment move, I snatched up my camera and took this picture.

This morning (after I remembered to finally get my camera and move the pictures off of it and to my pc), when I saw the picture I'd taken, I was taken aback. Still sorta feel like that.
I could easily go into a long rambling about artistic poses and light and dark, or about Spirit and healing energies, spiritual path walking, or a dozen different things that could possibly relate to this picture.

However, at the very basic level of this, all I really, truly know, is that this is a picture that has made me stop in my tracks and just go 'wow'.
Interpret it however you want, I don't mind. All I hope is that I'm not the only person who finds it to be something calming, soothing, and lovely to look at.
Old 17-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Master
This IS a picture to go wow at, Dawn, for starters you got that fat little orb almost smack dab in the middle of the pic, then the spot where the sunlight does a number on the leaves at the edge making them tipped with magenta, another wow, and that imposing cloud bank. What an incredible picture~* I am so glad you shared it with us!

Old 17-05-2011, 02:40 PM
Master
Your thread title caught my eye as breathing has been my word and posts for the day! lol
The picture is awesome. The tire marks and the open gate draw you into the beautiful open space and the emerging sun and blue sky.
The trees in front act as a frame for the picture and they allow one to imagine the sun peeking out between them. It really is a work of art!
Makes me feel like i want to open the door and head out there!
Thanks for sharing......James
Old 17-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Dawn

Silvergirl, WhiteShaman, thank you kindly for commenting and for allowing me to share this picture with you <3

WhiteShaman, lol wow! I guess this just so effortlessly ties in with your 'just breathe' for today. ^_^

Still so surprised at it. It was totally a spur-of-the-moment picture, only took 1 shot of it, and didn't think about it again until this morning. What a picture though!
Old 17-05-2011, 03:31 PM
fluffington

That is really beautiful Dawn, completely one off shot!
Old 21-05-2011, 04:25 AM
Master
beautiful picture, Dawn

zipzip
Old 21-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Dawn

Fluffington and Zipzip, thank you kindly for saying so. ^_^
Old 21-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Master
Great flick.
Old 24-05-2011, 06:28 AM
primrose

It's a beautiful photo, that white "orb" is fasinating to think about.