Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 03-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Master
your soul

Were does your soul reside.
I hear people say its deep in your heart,middle of your head?
So were do u think it is located at??
What is your soul exactly??
thanks
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 PM
BigBadBeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
thanks

As far as I understand its in a higher dimension and this limited existence is like an aspect of one. Think of it as "remote control".

But as for the "where" could the soul actually be... I don't think the question is really appropriate because concepts such as location really are irrelevant in that higher dimension.
Old 16-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Experiencer

Is it really 'your' soul is another question to add to that.

my view is that the universal mind interfaces with the brain on a quantum level and the brain limits it's application in the physical plain, this universal mind is given to all creatures and fawna, and it only has locality and limitation with us and other animals.
Old 17-04-2015, 12:30 AM
Master
Not anywhere inside the body. Not even in the physical (uni) verse
Old 17-04-2015, 01:11 AM
Everly

I understand your question and your point, anthony. I don't think our souls are disconnected from us, nor somehow connected etherically. I think there's a real connection, in the sense that it does, in some way, reside in our physical bodies. It's not attached, of course, and it does come and go for various purposes. As for a specific place... I've come to think of it not as a small discrete "thing, located in a certain spot, but rather as something that, more or less, fills our bodes.

I've been with too many beings (human and nonhuman animals) as they make their transitions and the sense of the soul leaving the body is distinct. It's like peeling off surgical gloves. They peel off and then that last bit at the fingertips is almost like a very gentle and subtle "pop". ("Pop" is not the right word, but I can't think of the right one at the moment.) The soul gently pulls away from the body and then, at the last, the connection between body and soul is no more.

YMMV.
Old 17-04-2015, 01:33 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone
Is it really 'your' soul is another question to add to that.

my view is that the universal mind interfaces with the brain on a quantum level and the brain limits it's application in the physical plain, this universal mind is given to all creatures and fawna, and it only has locality and limitation with us and other animals.
That is the big one isn't it!

We have our conditioned daily experience of "I", the people around me, those that I work with, shop with, watch on tv, all clearly appear to be distinct individuals. And yet each one of us is living a story. Should myself, or any of those I encounter, have a major stroke in the left side of our brains we could easily forget our personal story and the imprint of those closest to us. So Identity, as we perceive it, is provably conditional on a workable brain. No brain, no identity. This happened to a brain scientist named Jill Bolte Taylor, of which she goes into some detail at the following Ted Talks link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTrJqmKoveU

But there seems to be a difference between identity and consciousness in it's purest form. She was still fully conscious of herself, only no history.

Stepping out of the body with another perspective is Frank Demarco's book "The Cosmic Internet". Frank is an alumni of the Bob Monroe institute and his guides (who write through him) sound similar to what you're saying above. But then, when reading the book "The Infinite Wisdom of the Akashic Records" the implications are centered more on individuality and privacy. That we can access our own records of this and past lives, but that others can't readily do so.

My working assumption is similar to yours, but, with the way we find ourselves as seemingly distinct in terms of a "private" experience, then there must be some functional importance to this being so. We are a soul, in a body of individualized distinction. We currently are a story of a most temporary nature. The very presence of such "individuality", would suggest it's importance at some functional level.
Old 17-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly

I've been with too many beings (human and nonhuman animals) as they make their transitions and the sense of the soul leaving the body is distinct. It's like peeling off surgical gloves. They peel off and then that last bit at the fingertips is almost like a very gentle and subtle "pop". ("Pop" is not the right word, but I can't think of the right one at the moment.) The soul gently pulls away from the body and then, at the last, the connection between body and soul is no more.

Yes, I left my body while fully awake once and I can concur with the experience you so beautifully described. It was so easy at the time that I still can't understand why we can't leave our body at will, and as often as we'd like to.
The mystery to me is, "what is it that keeps us so absolutely attached while alive"? My body did just fine while I was separate, so our presence in this physical medium should, ideally, be optional.
Old 17-04-2015, 02:04 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everly
I think there's a real connection, in the sense that it does, in some way, reside in our physical bodies. It's not attached, of course, and it does come and go for various purposes. As for a specific place... I've come to think of it not as a small discrete "thing, located in a certain spot, but rather as something that, more or less, fills our bodes.

Everly, I would have typed the very same thing. I have also experienced the "fullness" of the soul through every cell of my body.

Now, to turn this question over and expand the scope of the discussion, I would suggest there is no "end" to the soul we have in our bodies in the conventional sense. What I believe, and modern science can show us, is that 99.9999999% of all matter is "empty" space. Visualize that empty space for a moment - the space between even the densest atom's neutrons, protons and electrons; and then find the "end" of that space... you can't. It extends infinitely in all directions. I believe that it is this space that contains what we think of as "God" because it is the single-largest-connected "thing" in the universe, and it is in each of us.
Old 17-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
thanks

The soul is considered as the conscious entity animating you. Its nature is that of consciousness.

Here is what Swami Vivekananda says on the soul....

" Here I Stand and if I shut my eyes, and try to conceive my existence, "I," "I," "I," what is the idea before me? The idea of a body. Am I, then, nothing but a combination of material substances? The Vedas declare, "No" I am a spirit living in a body: I am not the body. The body will die, but I shall not die. Here I am in this body; it will fall, but shall go on living. I had also a past. The soul was not created, for creation means a combination, which means a certain future dissolution. If then the soul was created, it must die."

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 17-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Master
Outside the physical body along with any/all other entities that are also 'hooked' to the physical host body.

In other words, all spirits that are 'contracted' with the host body all reside within the bodies aura of influence or bubble.