Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 08-12-2016, 11:46 PM
Experiencer

Bodhisattvas and others?

How does a Bodhisattva work if there is no self or other? Why do they go on if there is no other? Do we not share this "reality" with other people?
Old 09-12-2016, 12:21 AM
Merlini

Either they leave society to work on themselves, or they already have done so and are now in the place to walk amongst people and help out there, either its a routine on and off
Old 09-12-2016, 12:29 AM
Oh, honey...the Creator divided Himself into billions of others....
all part of Himself...the Godhead...the One Self.
There is a Self....and we and trees and Bodhisattvas are individuated souls
part of the One...extensions of the One Self.

Does that help at all?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2016, 12:50 AM
Experiencer

In Buddhism there is no self.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Ascender

You are dealing with all of reality now, the greater you reconcile your models into a coherent completeness the more the arising of your thoughts are clear, the more you work with greater reality just in daily life, no self is not lack of self; but lack of difinite identity that does not corrupt itself as other parts pass through the celestial orbits.

This turns us into a highly conductive aspect of the universe able to direct our orbits to the degree realized by will alone. Meaning we are working with everything else at whatever level of consciousness we feel necessary to do so, as their are consequences for every perspective we work with, ans they effect every other. This is the diamond body, it is the fixed star where you twinkle and it appears as if every other twinkle is attempting to twinkle in greater harmonies with each other, until all stars are twinkling based on joy of harmonic expression which grows greater with every twinkle that consciously joins in. Because of this lineage is important, because this is harmonizing the twinkle to a greater star which is part of work here, as their diamond body allows lesser degrees of diamond bodies to be formed, which turns one from a reflective being to an eminating being, this can become a star body; it is essentially when you are conscious of your own creation in origin, and become that which is reflected. These are rare on this planet, they are the major movers of influence and time wise they exist at the beginning of creation which is altered in a certain fashion. That is why the diamond body is the same as a star body but conscious of the birth of its star, this when it is done governs the people in energy and myth.

You do not need to be conscious of a diamond body to have one, which isnthe case for celeberties which are under control of the greater consciousness, but are unconscious of it in their incarnation as a certain amount of pressure is being placed on creation, and the masses need to be supported by amplification of their pwn energy, so that higher energies can work on this planet directly. That is why we need a certain amount of enlightened individuals to sustain more formal relations. We are nearing that point, as that seems to be the reason I am sustained.

No self is not empty, but emptiness is a greater light or more subtle light that is harder to view. The finer thr light body the more difficult it is to descern its movement, the mosy subtle being completely invisible and the only thing visable.. that is the gate of the law, beyond that is the way of life and the spirit realm, when your physical experience becomes sound and light, and between those two is the higher middle path realized and that is meaning and completebdescernment of the arising of thoughts. Which is the secret of the lotus, frequencies, and how seeds grow. Which is simple, mechanical, but living and is not sustainable by intellect in the same approach unless law is found. Higher conscious beings actually experience dharma as their own will, as a source of the intentions of those who find the law. These beings are not yet truly conscious, or are limited by the governing consitions they placed us in.

It sadly sounds like politics, but it is rhe most beautiful reassurance about your life and what we are really doing here there could be. It all has to do with the heart. It is completely based on the heart.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirisilex
Then what is making your fingernails grow as you sleep?

What typed me those words?

Who read them?

Some vacuum of nothingness?

I'm sorry...that is not what I understand from Buddha, the Tao,
Hinduism, Judaism or any other ism...nor is it my
experience.

I will leave you now, with respect. I'm sorry, I did not intentionally
come to argue. Tho, I do have a different experience.
Take care.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Master
Quote:

Buddha taught " not self " not " no self "....it is very different, hope this helps
Old 09-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Suspended
My understanding of: a person who has a spontaneous realization or motivation of bodhicitta萻提心 is called a Bodhisattva菩薩。 Bodhisattva literally means a "bodhi (enlightenment啟发) being" in Sanskrit梵文。

No self 无我or 勿我or 忘我is literally means no care of one's benefit, interest or others. It isn't of "not person" but of his thinking.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 09-12-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:09 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
How does a Bodhisattva work if there is no self or other?

I can try to explain it..

#1. You are consciousness. You are that which perceives. Ok this is you. Don't picture it as something you have. It is the you that is sitting there reading this.

Bodhisattva's, Jesus, Buddha, Me, You, every human being on this planet all have this "self" and always will.

Now if I interact with Jesus, or Buddha, or You, what am I interacting with? See this is where this other "self" comes into play.

You merge with a human body and it's mind around birth. The human brain and mind is like a computer with a massive hard drive. Everything you see, hear, feel, taste, smell, think, experience, gets fed into that hard drive or memory. This memory itself also becomes a "feeder" of data to the hard drive that is your memory. But keeping this simple, you have become a conditioned habitual "self." Everything you think about yourself, from your race, sex, what food you like, and on and on is a result of this conditioning.

What an "enlightened" person has done, is learn to be in the moment without identifying with all of this conditioning. So if you walked up to Buddha and said what do you believe about this or that, what is your favorite color etc, he would probably say what he usually did, which was, I am awake. His consciousness or self, was not identified with the self created by the conditioning, habitual reactionary thought, conceptual memory etc.

So a Bodhisattva is as much there as you and me are. The difference is what they are there as.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Suspended
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I can try to explain it..

#1. You are consciousness. You are that which perceives. Ok this is you. Don't picture it as something you have. It is the you that is sitting there reading this.

Bodhisattva's, Jesus, Buddha, Me, You, every human being on this planet all have this "self" and always will.

Now if I interact with Jesus, or Buddha, or You, what am I interacting with? See this is where this other "self" comes into play.

You merge with a human body and it's mind around birth. The human brain and mind is like a computer with a massive hard drive. Everything you see, hear, feel, taste, smell, think, experience, gets fed into that hard drive or memory. This memory itself also becomes a "feeder" of data to the hard drive that is your memory. But keeping this simple, you have become a conditioned habitual "self." Everything you think about yourself, from your race, sex, what food you like, and on and on is a result of this conditioning.

What an "enlightened" person has done, is learn to be in the moment without identifying with all of this conditioning. So if you walked up to Buddha and said what do you believe about this or that, what is your favorite color etc, he would probably say what he usually did, which was, I am awake. His consciousness or self, was not identified with the self created by the conditioning, habitual reactionary thought, conceptual memory etc.

So a Bodhisattva is as much there as you and me are. The difference is what they are there as.

Hahahaha, what are you writing? I don't understand.

Bodhisattva --- Buddha-like or kind hearted person.
Bodhi---- state of enlightenment attained by a Buddhist who has achieved salvation.

So how far is someone or you away or near to be---- a Bodhisattva.

What I see is----what you wrote is another trick to someone or me. Never mind if you wanted to get another warning/..... by mod. again. Yes, try your best to write these types of articles. Someone never change.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 09-12-2016 at 01:06 PM.