Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 28-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Master

Does Caffeine make AP harder?

Hi all
Does drinking anything that has caffeine in, such as, coffee or chocolate make it harder to astral project? People say that caffeine keeps you awake. To AP it is good it get into that drowsy state.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Dream Walker

Hi,
I reckon it probably varies from person to person. I don't know enough about whether it's the mind or the body that caffein keeps awake to work it out. If it keeps your mind awake, but you can still relax your body, maybe it would help? Most drugs effect different people in different ways and depend on built up tolerance.
I've been wondering if painkillers effect my AP. Sometimes if I have a headache, I take painkillers and during the night I AP easily.
I'm not sure if it's the painkillers or if my brain activity is altered by migraine-like symptoms. I suppose I could test it by taking painkillers when I don't have a headache, but don't really want to go down that route. I'd rather not rely on any substance to help me improve control over AP. But like you I wonder about these things. It'd be worth cutting out my last coffee of the day for example if that helped.
Hope things are going well for you.
Old 29-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Sira

Since I woke up (at 3pm, stayed up until morning) I've been downloading codes. But that has nothing to do with this thread. =)
What I would suggest is to relax with any and all aspects concerning anything spiritual. When you keep an open mind, not worrying if you are doing something wrong or hindering the process, you become part of the natural flow and things happen more easily. One thing that often hinders the natural flow is fear in any form. I am not saying that this is the case here, I just know that I needed to do massive fear work with myself to come into terms with astral travel and many other steps as well.
(And again I see flashes of codes - interesting day ahead...)
<3
Old 29-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Master

Thanks for your replies. I could do a test and cut out caffeine for a while and see if it helps. Yesterday I had only one coffee in the morning and in the afternoon I did my AP practice. I did not AP. I do know something and that is if something works today, it may not work tomorrow.
Old 29-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Master

I just read that tea contains caffeine. Yesterday I drank a few cups of tea. I am going to try not to have caffeine for a few days or a week and I will see if it makes any difference.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Guide
I actually wouldn't consider the state you need to be in as "drowsy". I don't think you ever really want to be sleepy when attempting to project. That would increase the chances of you simply falling asleep.

The entire goal is to find that balance between sleep and awake. I actually find caffeine to help keep me just that much more alert. :)

But in essence it's an individual thing.
Old 30-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Master

Thanks Xanth. What I mean by drowsy is when I meditate during the day I need to get my mind into a drowsy state. If I am too alert I will not AP.
At night time I do not want to get into a drowsy state as I would most probably fall asleep.