Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 23-10-2011, 03:37 AM
Master
Aura colours-why are there so many different meanings?

Occasionally I have tried to look up what someones colored aura means. When I look it up on google there are so many different explanations and some are so different. There seems to be no pattern of similarity with some of them when you go to different sources.

Does anyone know is there like a standard rule of thumb for what green represents?

Is there a good sources somewhere that's not on a creepy website?

lol I have found quite a few of those looking it up so I stopped doing it. I think someone here sent me a link once for one but I lost it.

I was looking at a new friend today who had brown around her and curiosity got the better of me. Going back home in the car I was trying to find out what brown means and every site had something different. I ended up none the wiser. I thought for sure this would be the place where someone might know.
Old 23-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Master
Hi LightworkerAu,

As with all readings the interpretations are personal,,,,

Any aura readings I do, green has a healing meaning,,,,,

Although the ways it is interpreted is either it being received or being giving depending on how I see it in or around the person.

My interpretation with brown is a colour of earth therefore grounding is necessary, working with this will help support clearing the area where the brown is within the aura.

Hope this helps

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 23-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Bluegreen

I think there is more to auras than simply the colours. Shape and location have meaning too in my opinion but so far I have been unable to find explanations except for those given by Edgar Cayce.

I do not know whether aura pictures are genuine but each one is unique. Some just show blobs of colours, others are "structured," showing definite shapes as it were.
Old 23-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Serenity Bear

Yes there is a good source for the colour meaning, I just need to remember the name of the small phamplet type book. I'll have to check my book shelf and see if I can find it. Its the book recommended by Gordon Higginson (famous medium) that he insisted his fledglings learn and stick to. Just checked and its not on my shelf. Im sure the author began with an H., its a little blue book but just has the main spectrum meanings. If I find it I'll post it unless someone else knows the title.

There are two trains of thought, that A) that all colours mean the same or B) that its up for personal interpretation, however saying that they later is still based around the regular meaning.

When doing a reading the colours would cross all the 7 main areas (family, relationships, health, wealth, spirituality, friends, employment), so it really depends on which area your looking at for the meaning.

Heres the Basic which is taught:

Red - Connects to the sexual organs, fatility, blood diseases, but also shows bad money situations, passions, anger, hatred, but also love, motherhood etc.

Orange - Is a healing colour, associated with the lower abdomen, can show a healer, improving money situations.

Yellow - Is communication but also linked with bravery or cowardess, spring time, the upper intestines etc.

Green - The main healing colour, associated with good health, good money situations, but also with jealousy (ie green eyed monster). Associated to the heart, and mental and physical mediumship.

Blue - The colour of truth, honesty, the spoken word but also clairaudience (throat chakra). It can mean emotionally cold, being depressed.

Indigo - A Spiritual colour, but if over done to purple is obsession with religion. Associated with psychic sight and clairvoyance (brow charka)

Violet - Connection to higher spiritual self, headaches etc. The crown chakra

Brown - Usually means grounding, education, the earth.

White - Purity, peace.

Black - Protection, but can mean depression and if see in an aura can mean the use of drugs (medical or illegal).

Grey - Dont confuse this with silver, grey means depression, while silver is a spiritual colour.

Turquoise - a Mediumship colour, most with turquoise are mediums or have the ability to be.

The best way to find out what colours mean what is to do a lot of research and see. Colours mean different things in the East compared with Western and Oriental cultures. Look into the sayings as well as this gives a massive clue into their meaning:

Green eye of jealousy, yellow streak of cowardess, Im feeling blue, Red rag to the bull and so on.

I associate a lot with what colours mean to me, but I mainly use the standard as a guide as well.

Heres some exercises to help out:

Get some colour pencils and colour in a square then concentrate on that colour and see what feelings it brings to mind.

You can also use ribbons for this and its called Ribbon Readings. This is one of the major ways colour meanings are taught in spiritual circles.

PS: The tone and shade will also make a difference to the meaning.
Old 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Occasionally I have tried to look up what someones colored aura means. When I look it up on google there are so many different explanations and some are so different. There seems to be no pattern of similarity with some of them when you go to different sources.

Does anyone know is there like a standard rule of thumb for what green represents?

Is there a good sources somewhere that's not on a creepy website?

lol I have found quite a few of those looking it up so I stopped doing it. I think someone here sent me a link once for one but I lost it.

I was looking at a new friend today who had brown around her and curiosity got the better of me. Going back home in the car I was trying to find out what brown means and every site had something different. I ended up none the wiser. I thought for sure this would be the place where someone might know.

I'm not sure if this will help, it's from a course I took on color healing. We learnt first that one color can have many hues.....moving from the most dense to the most light.

The color green in its most balanced state is nurturing, soothing, peaceful, friendly, fertile, refreshing, cool and healing. Green soothes the heart and adjusts the nerves of the sympathetic system and the brain.

Green is also a great cleanser and restoring agent.....that's why you see this color in so many hospitals. It's soothing, comforting on the eyes and quiets the nervous system.

This site might be helpful to you http://www.crystalinks.com/colors.html and this too http://psychology.about.com/od/sensa...colorpsych.htm
Old 23-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Aquarian

The simple answer is that auras don't have colours.

Colours in the physical realm are how we see waves of light vibrating at slightly different frequencies.
But auras do not project waves of light - cameras cannot see them.

[Yes, aura photography is a scam, not sure about kirlian photography.]

So our mind projects colours on to what we perceive.

Back to physical light:
It's worth pointing out that grass is green because it absorbs all other frequencies of light. Green is the only colour it reflects. One could argue that "Grass is every colour except green" makes more sense.

We are essentially trained to label what we perceive the same as everyone else. We probably see more or less the same colours in the same culture.

This does not generalise across the world. There are tribes who perceive colours slightly but significantly differently to us.
Old 23-10-2011, 06:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
But auras do not project waves of light - cameras cannot see them.

[Yes, aura photography is a scam, not sure about kirlian photography.]

So our mind projects colours on to what we perceive.

Aura photography is kirlian photography....and the mind is not what projects the color. It is electrical changes within the cells that create an electromagnetic field which surrounds everyone with their own individual aura. This was first measured in 1957 with kirlian and aura photography.
Old 23-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Aquarian

Aura photography:

Notice how the head isn't central but the computer doesn't know that and puts the made-up colours in the middle.

Kirlian photography:

Old 24-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Sangress

I think there are so many meanings because each person percieves the colours slightly differently. I'd advise people learn about how they personally see auras and look to their instincts for meanings.

I see green to be associated with either growth or stagnation/age, but depending on the location, lighting, who I see it around and when I see it and how I see it...the meanings can be completely altered. I'm not too specific am I? Heh.

Random, but that kirlian photography photo looks like someones hand with all the fingers outstretched (tips of fingers = black circles amongst the purple/blue).....but I'm assuming those blobs are people and I'm just seeing it from my usual warped perspective...?
Old 24-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Master
thanks for your replies guys I took note of them links.

@ aquarian I am soo glad they dont look as colourful as your pic to me. Imagine that! It would drive you nuts. Imagine having a chat with someone with all those colours around. The colours are barely distinguishable for me. The layers are like a hazy density there where light refracts differently. I see that clearly but colours are much harder.