Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 AM
Pathfinder

Spiritual Mentor

Hello all,

I don't know if this is the right section to ask about something like this, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Right now in my life, I am coming into a bit of a spiritual transformation time. Psychics have told me I am a healer, and the more I look at myself, the more it makes sense. My card readings I give myself confirm most of what I believe of myself, to be a healer that is, and to be strongly sensitive. In the last few years, I have been experiencing many interesting dreams and have had many interesting things happen to me spiritually. As my intuition grows stronger, I want to learn how to develop and enhance it. I seek to learn more about the spiritual world and how things work. I wish to learn about my healing abilities and learn to use them to help others. I don't know if these exist, but for a long time I have felt the urge to seek a spiritual mentor of some sort, to help me further these abilities.

Does anyone know of someone (possibly themselves) who would be honest and experienced enough to do this for me? It is a lot to ask of someone, I realize this. But maybe there is someone somebody can recommend.

Thank you.

windwillow xo
Old 07-12-2010, 02:41 AM
eraser

Hi windwillow. To some extent, I share your search. I suspect most of us here on these boards consider ourselves students and are looking to expand our knowledge.

But I'm posting to urge you to use extreme caution before hitching your spiritual wagon to somebody else's star. It requires extreme trust and emotional openness, especially on the part of the student and that's a very vulnerable position in which to put oneself. There are predators who seek out the naive and trusting and this board is not immune to them.

Take your time assessing whatever "offers" may come your way. Don't be swayed by high-minded words alone. Pay attention to your gut instincts. They don't lie.

Ask questions. Lots of them. If, at any point along the way, you find that your mentor would rather choke than say, "I don't know" I'd be skeptical about their guruhood.

That said, I wish you luck in your spiritual quest. Can't have too much luck. ;)
Old 07-12-2010, 02:42 AM
Beleive

Wow you sound just like me about 5 months ago, lol. I think the best thing you can do is have a look at all the different types of spiritual/energy healing forms there are and choose which one you like the most and learn it. For me, I learned Reiki and my Reiki teacher has also been an invaluable mentor.

I also lurked on here under a different name back then and learned loads of things just by reading threads and posts. I asked lots of questions and got plenty of answers.

Go to the healing section in this forum and have a read of the types of healers out there and choose which one you are. Reiki, Chiron, Pranic, Crystal, Quantum Touch, etc etc. Basically thry are all the same (in that we all channel the same universal energy into the client) but the application process varies. I beleive this is to do with what sits best in harmony with the current vibration you sit on.

For me, Ive done Reiki but now realise that I can do my own type of healing which is completely Spirit/Angel guided and the Reiki amplifies it. Its also opened up my clairvoyance and Mediumship gifts.

Good luck
Old 07-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Pathfinder

Thanks everyone for your replies. :)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Moon Willow

Hey windwillow - I've got to that place also where I do need some guidance and focus, and I'm also looking for a mentor. I have been advised to just set the intention for a mentor to come into my life, as well as being open-minded (not that you aren't already). A mentor may come in the form of a spirit guide, a book, a teleclass....perhaps getting mentored step-by-step rather than just having one person turn up into your life. Archangel Uriel is also very helpful to guide you step-by-step until you find a more traditional mentor.

Good luck in your search!

Moony
Old 08-12-2010, 08:53 PM
debbie.b

hi windwillow,
i've been in the same situation as you but i wasn't actually looking for a mentor, he just appeared & has taught me so much. in his words 'deb i aren't teaching you anything, i'm simply reminding you of things you already know'
there is a saying.......when a student is ready, the teacher will appear & when the teacher is ready, the student will appear. we have both learnt alot from each other.
he's been my godsend.....
sorry i'v not helped with advice but thought i'd share my experience ;-)
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Master
windwillow... It may be you will find a truly good mentor, but you might consider also getting in touch with your spirit guides. For me, these are the best of all mentors, without human faults. The Angels & Guides section of SF could be a place to start.

Xan