Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 PM
northstar

figuring in the why for the 'lost' (so to speak) is easy... they'll find out on the other side of life... they dont 'have' to find the big why during their lifetime... just live life... unless they need to... it all comes out in the process... i found out be-cause 'i' had a need to know... the last part of who what where when how and why... why are we here... not all people care why they are here, they just know they are... and do their best to find their little slice of happiness...

HTML Code:
Obviously, I don't buy the whole purpose belief or lost belief or better said, I am not at all convinced. The way I see it.....we....the spiritual ones....need a reason why and need to feel not lost, so we create for ourselves what we are looking for. This need comes from life itself and the circumstances dealt to us and our inability to deal with life. IMO The others......the none spiritual ones, the lost, the ones with don't need to know why..........are happy and kind and at peace and know a lot less then we know. Of course some don't fit that description but that is irrelevant to my point. They also outnumber us as far as I can see. What about them?

they are just fine where they are at IMO... and the ones that 'create' a why are just fine where they are at too... it all comes out in the wash...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Master
figuring in the why for the 'lost' (so to speak) is easy... they'll find out on the other side of life... they dont 'have' to find the big why during their lifetime... just live life... unless they need to... it all comes out in the process... Northstar

You do see that your belief that they will find out on the other side of life is a piece to the puzzle of life that you have adopted and that, without it, all of your ‘why’s’ fall apart.
All I can say is I honestly cannot say such a statement is true or not so your outlook on life doesn’t hold up for me.
In fact, I haven’t found one that does yet….but then again I gave up looking.
Thanks for the conversation.
James
Old 02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
northstar

of course the whys would fall apart without that one little piece of knowledge... life does exist after life... this i found out on my spiritual quest... i didnt take anyones word for it... i had to find out for myself... that was my quest... i was just finding out for me... not to 'enlighten the world'... i didnt 'adopt' it as a matter of convenience... nor to convince anyone else of it...

for those that dont take 'my' word for it... then they go to 'how to live life' stuff... assuming that they have no interest in life after life... and these things give them their 'why' if they need it...
Old 02-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar
of course the whys would fall apart without that one little piece of knowledge... life does exist after life... this i found out on my spiritual quest... i didnt take anyones word for it... i had to find out for myself... that was my quest... i was just finding out for me... not to 'enlighten the world'... i didnt 'adopt' it as a matter of convenience... nor to convince anyone else of it...

for those that dont take 'my' word for it... then they go to 'how to live life' stuff... assuming that they have no interest in life after life... and these things give them their 'why' if they need it...

Fair enough........

Please don't think for a second that I am standing here thinking you are wrong.
Thanks again for the dialog.

Last edited by BlueSky : 06-12-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:13 AM
Checkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
-Leonard Jacobson

Great quote.
Any other non-dual teachers you are interested in?

Checkers
Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Elijah

Awakening is the realisation that all that's been happening - the whole idea of there being a 'me' - is a pretence. You're actually pretending to sit there and look at me. You're pretending that you're sitting there looking at me and trying to get something. Actually, there is no one sitting there and there is nothing to get. You can close your eyes if you want to, and sense the energy that you think is 'you'. It’s like an aliveness.. for some people it’s a sense 'I' exist..

But that energy, that sense of 'you' being there, is actually not you. That sense of who you think you are - that sense of aliveness and energy - is being, it’s just being. It never came and it never went away - it’s never left you, it’s always been there. You thought it was you - it's just pure being. It isn't who you are, it's what you are. What you are is simply being, presence, life. You are life, life happening, but it doesn’t happen to anyone. Sitting on that chair isn't happening to you - sitting on that chair is what's happening, to no one. There's just being. You are being – you are divine being.

So you see, how is it possible that anyone needs to do something for awakening to happen? There is no one - there is only being - so how could anyone do anything? Why should anybody have to become something, when all they are is a pretence? Should they become a better pretence? Awakening has absolutely nothing to do with you. You are just a character in a play. Tony Parsons is simply a set of characteristics - that's what is sitting here, a set of characteristics and a body/mind. But what you are is the being, the stillness, from which that comes. All that's actually sitting there is stillness, being, present awareness – call it what you like. (Tony Parsons)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 PM
din

Quote:
From Tony Parson quote:

So you see, how is it possible that anyone needs to do something for awakening to happen? There is no one - there is only being - so how could anyone do anything? Why should anybody have to become something, when all they are is a pretence?

That's it in a nutshell, who I think I am, what my story is about my past and my future, is all simply thought, ideas...

So awakening is another idea which talks about the end of ideas, the end of the story.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:40 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers
Great quote.
Any other non-dual teachers you are interested in?

Checkers

I used to be interested in all of them, till I noticed they're all saying the same thing.