Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-10-2010, 02:55 PM
grazier

Lightbulb What is Karma?

What is Karma?

I understand it as learning.

I think that the only way you can learn is through the repetition of a lesson. The knowledge and understanding gained culminates in a realization of the significance of the event, situation and knowledge gained from the lesson.

What do perceive as Karma?

Blessings

grazier

Last edited by grazier : 20-10-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Animus27

Karma was originally formulated by eastern religions to explain suffering, when you take in the concept of reincarnation. Karma is sort of like the original sin of Christianity for eastern thought, just a little less condemning. Hehe.

I am unsure whether there is anything like karma. I see many people who live lives of service and peace and suffer terribly at the hands of fate. And the opposite for selfish, mean people.

Now, maybe they will get their dues in the afterlife or next life, whatever. But I am not sure whether I believe any of that, so I am unsure whether karma exists as well lol.

But, the best description of karma I have heard is: the universe is similar to a big bathtub, if you make a splash the ripples go throughout the water and hit the waves, and then send their force back to the splash point. I cannot remember where I've read it, but it stuck with me.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:49 PM
grazier

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Karma was originally formulated by eastern religions to explain suffering, when you take in the concept of reincarnation. Karma is sort of like the original sin of Christianity for eastern thought, just a little less condemning. Hehe.

I am unsure whether there is anything like karma. I see many people who live lives of service and peace and suffer terribly at the hands of fate. And the opposite for selfish, mean people.

Now, maybe they will get their dues in the afterlife or next life, whatever. But I am not sure whether I believe any of that, so I am unsure whether karma exists as well lol.

But, the best description of karma I have heard is: the universe is similar to a big bathtub, if you make a splash the ripples go throughout the water and hit the waves, and then send their force back to the splash point. I cannot remember where I've read it, but it stuck with me.

Hello Animus,

I thought that your explanation was very interesting.

How I understand it is that Karma has been misinterpreted a lot. Some people say that it is retribution, paying back of misdemeanours and that we suffer for these in the afterlife.

Personally I disagree with this belief. I believe that we are all here in this (and any) incarnation to learn, to grow, to evolve and expand, not our physical body, which is only a vehicle for existence in an incarnation, but our Spirit.

The reason that good, spiritual that are working lives of service suffer in an incarnation is because they are evolved spiritually and need to work out the negative and mistakes that their physical Being accrues, in this lifetime.

We also have 'good karma' which is a plus side for our spirit and is the good unselfish things that we do and the sacrifices that we make in an incarnation.

We also help other people with their Karma.

Blessings

grazier
Old 11-10-2010, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Hello

This was one of the Summer Discussions I lead in chuch to openly discuss what Karma was.

Here were the thoughts I opened with.

Karma - is the concept of “action” or “deed” in religious context is donates the entire cycle of cause an effect. Karma is about responsibility. It is a common thought that Karma follows one from Soul to Soul and in that life to life. There too is thought to be karmic debt that has been the property of someone else in another time line life that comes forth to ye.

The term Heaven is the place that is thought to be where one’s that have died go to in the afterlife. The term Heaven can refer to the sky, and or universe. More typical it refers to where one goes if one has followed a path of religion, divinity, and spiritual living.

The term Hell refers to the counter of Heaven in religion. Hell is a place of suffering and punishment in the afterlife. One gets there from “sins” committed in one’s life. Hell is often referred to as being fiery.

Purgatory is the process of purifications or state of temporary punishment. It is a place where one goes after death in a state of grace to be made ready for Heaven. To some it is the place of being between death and final judgment. “Earth Bound Ghosts” are often said to be in this place.

Forgiveness from a religious view is to grant “Free Pardon” and be released from the punishments and or make restitution. There are levels to forgiveness , there is self forgiveness and forgiveness of one’s fellow man. Too there is the act of asking usually in prayer to have forgiveness from God. Devine forgiveness.
“ forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us.”

Making peace ? That is on many levels. Peace with self, Peace with others around one, Peace with the Universe, ( World) and peace with God.

Lynn

Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 PM
kaze

karma is like an accident, i forgot or did X so X happened in return
who knows if it follows you in the afterlife?
Old 12-10-2010, 03:21 PM
grazier

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

This was one of the Summer Discussions I lead in chuch to openly discuss what Karma was.

Here were the thoughts I opened with.

Karma - is the concept of “action” or “deed” in religious context is donates the entire cycle of cause an effect. Karma is about responsibility. It is a common thought that Karma follows one from Soul to Soul and in that life to life. There too is thought to be karmic debt that has been the property of someone else in another time line life that comes forth to ye.

The term Heaven is the place that is thought to be where one’s that have died go to in the afterlife. The term Heaven can refer to the sky, and or universe. More typical it refers to where one goes if one has followed a path of religion, divinity, and spiritual living.

The term Hell refers to the counter of Heaven in religion. Hell is a place of suffering and punishment in the afterlife. One gets there from “sins” committed in one’s life. Hell is often referred to as being fiery.

Purgatory is the process of purifications or state of temporary punishment. It is a place where one goes after death in a state of grace to be made ready for Heaven. To some it is the place of being between death and final judgment. “Earth Bound Ghosts” are often said to be in this place.

Forgiveness from a religious view is to grant “Free Pardon” and be released from the punishments and or make restitution. There are levels to forgiveness , there is self forgiveness and forgiveness of one’s fellow man. Too there is the act of asking usually in prayer to have forgiveness from God. Devine forgiveness.
“ forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespassed against us.”

Making peace ? That is on many levels. Peace with self, Peace with others around one, Peace with the Universe, ( World) and peace with God.

Lynn

Hello Lynn,

that is a great post. There are so many things there that can be talked about.

I can see the religious viewpoint and there are many other different ideas and different ways of viewing things.

As well as the way that you state Heaven, Hell and Purgatory there are other ideas. My own personal view of Heaven is a) I was brought up to think of Heaven as where the good god when they die, b) through experiential learning I now regard Heaven as the Cosmos, the Universe or more simply the Realms of Light and c) the place of origin of our consciousness, where our spirit resides.

Hell - like you I was brought up with the religious notions but I now believe that Hell doesn't exist in that context - I don't believe it is a place of fire, damnation, suffering and punishment. We could be living in Hell at the moment, in our physical incarnation. I believe in a place like purgatory - a place where we contemplate our misdemeanours, our mistake and once we realize how to make amends or understand the lessons we are being taught we then move on. It is like a school really.

Forgiveness is human - we do nothing that God has to forgive, we have to forgive
ourselves and others for the mistakes we make that hurt both us and others.

Peace and Love are the key to Life.

Blessings,

grazier
Old 20-10-2010, 06:49 AM
adina201

Karma is a Sanskrit word that meaning is an action. Karma is often regarded as a punishment for past misdeeds but karma is neither judge nor jury. It is the law of moral causation.
Old 20-10-2010, 02:17 PM
grazier

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by adina201
Karma is a Sanskrit word that meaning is an action. Karma is often regarded as a punishment for past misdeeds but karma is neither judge nor jury. It is the law of moral causation.

I agree adina, the trouble is that many words and meanings are lost in translation, also people interpret things in their own way in accordance with their pathway. The trouble is that there are and always bave been bodies that put forward meanings of certain things in order to controll others. We are all our own person and will find out our own meanings if we listen to our soul.

Blessings

grazier
Old 20-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Master
In the first Instance I would say that we were perfect / pure / natural.

Karma has away of letting us know that we have become imperfect / Impure / unnatural.

x daz x
Old 21-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Master
Karma is simply the law of cause and effect. What we put out comes back to us in one way or another... through the mirror of existence.

People tend to think of karma only in negative terms, but we equally create positive karma through clearing our past and the negative beliefs and emotional patterns we still carry from it... and through caring and giving.

Xan