Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
The Divine: You have to act entitled to your health, and in turn prosperity. We are taught that this is selfish, but this is about self-love and self-cherishing. You aren't walking over others to achieve it, you are just honing your own love for your own being.

That's what I'm doing more of now where it concerns the internet and what I do with my time on it. I deleted my site so that I could work on my journal on my time (in other words it was held hostage by the internet since that is the only place I could work on it). I now have it on Word Pad.

Just getting things prioritized better.
Old 20-12-2010, 11:31 PM
Experiencer
That was a great post, TheDivine.

I know this has been said already, but... Of course in an ideal world doctors, dentists, veterenarians, and healers of all kinds would all work for free. That would be wonderful. In an ideal world a plumber would come to fix your sink for free out of simple kindness and desire to help you. But it is impossible for the world we live in to operate in that way. Perhaps when we all cross over, yes! I'm sure the spirit world works that way (though with any luck they don't have plumbing problems over there). But here on Earth all of those people need to earn a living and people working in a spiritual capacity are no different. What is the difference between spiritual counselling and non-spiritual counselling and why would there be any difference in the way these services are performed? And where does one draw the line? Many healers perform both at the same time. If I prescribe conventional medicine and offer energy healing, which category do I fall into? Things just don't work in such black-and-white terms.

I trained as an artist for many years with the hope and intent of being able to make money from my work. It didn't work out as I had hoped, but my path led me to new directions in my life and I'm now in a different kind of training with the hope of becoming a professional medium. To me there is no difference at all between learning these two skills (I do wonder if some of this opposition to earning a living in a spiritual field comes from the belief that spiritual ability is a gift rather than a skill? As someone who spent many years of hard work training to be a good artist to be told by people how "lucky" I was to be able to draw as if it just magically happened the first time I picked up a pencil, I really rankle at this kind of supposition! I am not finding mediumship to be any different). I'm currently working in a job I find frustrating and unfulfilling because it does not allow me to help people the way I would love to, but I'm doing it so I can afford food and a roof over my head while I train for something which will allow me to devote my life to something more fulfilling. I would never dream of asking anyone for their professional expertise in any field without offering some return for their trouble, either with money or some equivalent service I could provide. I am a little shocked by the idea that anyone could expect such a thing.

I suppose we all look at things in different ways, and that's fine. We all need to do things in the way which work for us. I'm only really posting this because I was bewildered by some of the strength of opinion on the issue.
Old 21-12-2010, 09:11 AM
mac

The title of this thread is: "I would like to hear different views by members on Spiritualism and Money"

Why does the following not cover all and any the scenarios personally, individually described? "When using the spiritual gifts you have been given, mediumship, healing, whatever, give as freely as you can to others that which was given freely to you.... If you have the means to earn your living without making a charge for providing help by using your divine gift(s) then do so. If you can not afford to give freely ie without a charge, then charge only what is needed to cover your additional costs. If you choose to dedicate your working life to those who may benefit from your gift, charge what is reasonable to enable you to continue to provide it.

Beyond that, if charges are for a service you are providing of yourself - eg counselling, then you are justified in charging the market rate for that service."

Ask yourself what makes your personal situation so different to everyone else's. Ask yourself if the skill you spent so long developing and improving was not of the spirit, not a gift of the spirit but a personal ability you refined.

If you do not see it as a gift of the spirit or if you don't think that any of this applies to yourself, then it doesn't.

It's an individual, a personal, interpretation.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:56 AM
7he4uthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I have always had strong views about people earning an income through spiritual means since I was a small child.

Offering spiritual guidance or information to another for a fee is like being paid to breathe.

Helping others by spiritual means, through healing or mediumship or reading their energy or aura....etc is a natural and sacred thing.

It should not be driven by a want for money, but instead by an honest want to help others and by a mutual respect for others as well.

Everyone is equal and no one should be turned away from spiritual aid because they cannot afford it.

Money is something that is not spiritual at all and should not be used anywhere in a spiritual exchange lest people want to dirty the help they offer others with ill motives.

i agree
dont quit your day-job
the shamans i knew when young didnt accept money for service
it was akin to prostitution in their view.

untimately money itself isnt necessary
if people pay attention

nor is barter

if i siply give what i can and everyone does the same
we-ll all do fine
if i give all i can and others are blind to notice or to greedy to reciprocate
then im better off dead.

life is not more precious than the value of its quality
which depends largely on our relations with others
and kindred souls who share in our vision

studying the history of banking i found that bankers lied (committed fraud) early on in history
taking over governments
1 banker said
-give me control of a nations money, and i care not who makes the laws-

money is a veil
to mask who ISNT pulling their weight
Old 22-12-2010, 06:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by universa1ove
i agree
dont quit your day-job
the shamans i knew when young didnt accept money for service
it was akin to prostitution in their view.

untimately money itself isnt necessary
if people pay attention

nor is barter

if i siply give what i can and everyone does the same
we-ll all do fine
if i give all i can and others are blind to notice or to greedy to reciprocate
then im better off dead.

life is not more precious than the value of its quality
which depends largely on our relations with others
and kindred souls who share in our vision

studying the history of banking i found that bankers lied (committed fraud) early on in history
taking over governments
1 banker said
-give me control of a nations money, and i care not who makes the laws-

money is a veil
to mask who ISNT pulling their weight

The only gold currency is caring.
I agree with you, but how far away are we all and what will it take to knock the gauge to its true setting?

Old 22-12-2010, 07:16 AM
Master
Money is not evil. Living a middle life of balancing currency for good things and here and there for your own expense is nothing evil.

But to take take take and take is evil. Greed is evil. Very simple. If you just care about self, it will only self you will have in the afterlife. And there is no money on The Other Side. So i don't know what Bernie Madoff will do. Probably just reincarnate with his lust for it, or trap himself in a vortex of trying to use thought-formed money he can not use on the Other Side and grow more and more into his own b/s.

Anyways. Sorry about that. But there are money issues in the Spiritualism these days. Go into any new age section. Sylvia Browne makes millions off of $900 readings and off of books. That is absurd if she is truly psychic and against her own teachings.
Old 22-12-2010, 07:32 AM
mac

"Sylvia Browne makes millions off of $900 readings and off of books. That is absurd if she is truly psychic and against her own teachings."

We would do well not to fall into the trap of believing we know what's right for others.

Do what's right for yourself and leave others to do what sits comfortably for them....