Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-10-2010, 09:21 AM
chinu

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
What is Karma?

I understand it as learning.

I think that the only way you can learn is through the repetition of a lesson. The knowledge and understanding gained culminates in a realization of the significance of the event, situation and knowledge gained from the lesson.

What do perceive as Karma?

Blessings

grazier

Karma is combination of good & bad actions one has done till now,

It is being said that one has to become "Nish- karmi" to get rid of cycle of deths & births,
Both good & bad karmas we collected till now are responsible to put us again & again in the cycle of deths & births.
Old 26-10-2010, 11:16 AM
celery

Karma is that marvelous tool that gives you as many chances to learn the lesson as needed.

I love Alicia Keys, her music, and her lyrics. But the lyrics of 'Karma', although strong, have the common misintepretation people have of it, too bad.
Old 26-10-2010, 01:27 PM
shepherd

Karma is simply what comes next from thoughts, feelings and action. You can try to perceive as negative or positive but it gets blurry over time often what you try to label it as due to various perspectives.

You dont have to learn from karma either, as the experiences of karma can simply be being rehydrated from drinking a glass of water.
Old 26-10-2010, 01:49 PM
LightBearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
Karma is simply what comes next from thoughts, feelings and action. You can try to perceive as negative or positive but it gets blurry over time often what you try to label it as due to various perspectives.

You dont have to learn from karma either, as the experiences of karma can simply be being rehydrated from drinking a glass of water.

this is perfect,

at a deeper level, our rections (thoughts) to events, create blockages or obstacles in our energetic body, which prevent the efficiant functioning of our physical body. These blockages will result in similar feelings and sensations to that which we felt during the original incident, thus the history repeating aspect or cycling aspect.

to battle through ignoring the karmic induced memories (thought form induced memories, both physical and mental) can help overcome and indeed is the most common form of overcoming a problem, however there are many more subtle methods of overcoming these thought forms.

these blockages are often reffered to as thought forms, blockages, karmic scarring etc, and are what pre vents you from operating in a fresh and unique manner.

karma is neither good nor bad, it is just karma. it is not a universal ploy to entrap us, but merely an internal (internal to our entire being) system which once over come (i.e. all thought forms are cleared) we are liberated from the cycle mentioned above.
Old 26-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Master
I agree that you don't have to learn from karma, but generally speaking, it's a shame if we don't ever reflect and learn...LOL...we are self-reflective as a species...so it's in our nature to aspire to awareness and conscious choices...which means that we consciously invest meaning in our choices.

There are lessons we are supposed to learn, and if we don't learn them now, then when? It's just a matter of time, and there's no time like the present, LOL... I think this is often why we may remember vaguely from our most recent past life (viewed in fwd linear time). It is the one "next to" this one from our usual perspective.

In my most recent past life, I died of exposure with my young child. The reasons are complicated, but it had to do at some level with giving up hope, with not trusting in love, and in the universe. Not that I didn't have some vaguely noble or understandable reasons in my own mind, but looking back...what did all that matter? All that mattered...all that matters is love.

Now...this is a little more out there...from the perspective of all lifetimes happening at once...someone else told me [I don't have this ability, LOL...] that there are many other lifetimes with the same person. One of those lifetimes is where I am disabled. And one they could see where we are apart because we never met. So I wondered...all those lifetimes together...and here, so many obstacles. Still hoping not forever.

So what can I learn? Why is this life unfolding as it is?????? Well...just to take the example above...one of many you could take from even just one person's current lifetime....

I can tell you...I know I am happy in my lifetime where I am disabled, though I can't really make out facts...I just know that I approach(ed) life with such trust and love. And I strive for that now too, but I can see that after the last lifetime, I have to really grasp this lesson.

And I am...I am making huge strides. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...I'm almost there...and even though I may emerge in solitude, the love will still be there in my heart. I am the love. We are the love. Love should never be withheld...we have to let it flow freely.

And I'm a healer. So the other lesson is obvious...what can be healed, I can heal. What cannot, I cannot. And again, it's the intent behind the act that really matters.

We can learn alot...the real question is, do we have the courage to accept what we learn? And take it to heart?

Peace & blessings,
7L

Last edited by 7luminaries : 26-10-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 26-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Master
I don't believe in Karma we create our own karma
Spiritlite
Old 26-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I don't believe in Karma we create our own karma
Spiritlite
Isn't that was karma is? A creation? lol
Old 03-12-2010, 02:00 PM
karynmonk

Karma is a word that means the result of his actions and the actions themselves. This is a concept of cause and effect cycle. According to the theory of karma, what happens to a person who happens because they caused by their actions.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Karma was originally formulated by eastern religions to explain suffering, when you take in the concept of reincarnation. Karma is sort of like the original sin of Christianity for eastern thought, just a little less condemning. Hehe.

I am unsure whether there is anything like karma. I see many people who live lives of service and peace and suffer terribly at the hands of fate. And the opposite for selfish, mean people.

Now, maybe they will get their dues in the afterlife or next life, whatever. But I am not sure whether I believe any of that, so I am unsure whether karma exists as well lol.
Very good post. Honest and careful.

Coming to earth to ''learn lessons'' or karma doctrines, these are all cultural beliefs. I don't know of any bushmen or Inuit who believe they ''come'' to earth, and then have to ''learn'' a ''specific'' lesson. Many of these more ''primitive'' societies have very basic roles to live by, and many of them learn the same stuff, generation after generation. What if they lost their culture, and became part of us? They would just accept the idea of there being thousands and thousands of lessons, and hundreds of jobs to choose from.. This would dramatically change their spiritual beliefs.

Karma is a product of society. With karma we ignore any rational explanation and just jump it all on the karma wagon. Way too easy.

And who is deciding what is good karma and what is bad karma? New Agers might say it's not that black and white, and yes in New Age books it isn't, but in the original sources (like the Bhagavad Gita) it is.

If you want to believe in karma, it basically means you have to live like an ascetic from India, which means accepting limited cultural phenomena.

Something to gnaw on: http://beyond-within.com/blog/energy-work/rethinking-karma/