Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 01-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Lorelyen

I believe you can get a good idea of what Jesus' teachings were about. You need to read all the gospels and bits thereof available; compare them with the canonical ones, tease out conflicts, the politics and jealousies; and look at critics of the times, once Christianity started to spread.

I mentioned Thomas up there because it seems one of the likeliest sources of how Jesus taught, and some of the terms in which he spoke makes me wonder how other disciples could understand and interpret the teachings. It isn't an easy book. Never mind. There's no proof as such but there are consistencies and, given the times - Jesus being a dangerous Jewish reformer and the early followers who basically held the same values until Constantine dictated what Christianity would be, there's a heck of a lot of documentation in total.

One reaches ones own conclusions about those basic teachings and later the distortions enforced to turn these teachings into power and control. I don't even believe that Jesus is any more the son of God than anyone else. It wasn't what Jesus was trying to tell people.