Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Master
If you go by most NDE literature, it gives the impression that suicide is not a good idea. At least if those alleged NDE'ers of botched suicide-attempts are to be trusted.

Personally speaking, i think those with terminal, constant severe pain type illnesses, injuries or diseases and in similar situations, there is a good argument they should have the legal right to pull their own plug, or have a family member or loved one do it for them if they so desire.

Then there are the stories of adept, spiritually experienced people able to raise their soul/spirit/consciousness up out of their physical body at will, and choose death that way. The Indian yogi Yogananda is one who it is speculated has done this.
Old 23-07-2016, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

Bringing us back on topic to what is asked. NOTE we have a rule on discussions about taking your life, this is something that is a very serious matter and not to be taken lightly.

A desision of free will or a "sin"?

I have a question and i hope it not get misunderstod, its just interessting to know about that subject. If it isnt allowed to talk about please ignore it, i didnt know.

What happens to the soul if a human decides to erase himself of life?

As a Medium a lot of the work I do for families it to make that contact with those that have lost someone to the taking of their own life, the hardest and most painful thing I come to deal with. Even harder at times than the loss of a child to a crime.

I do not take the taking of a life lightly and as I have been to this dark place we can sadly fall into and I too have had a Near Death Experience I know well how precious and special life is. I too know that we come in I feel with a "Soul Contract" that journey our soul has come into experience and I so feel that if we are to learn it all and experience it all to find Enlightenment then suicide must be on some level a part of that journey.

We are able to do this so it must be something that is in our Soul Contracts to experience. While I do no feel that it is the way out, I too know from working with some in Spirit that there is a reason for many to have gone there, at times it is a selfless act of compassion that keeps a family safe.

I will share a couple of experiences.

Worked with someone that lost their Brother to suicide and so felt that it was a "sin" for them to do so but before he died he wanted to know that his Brother was safe, not in Hell, and that reason for the taking of his life. This was mental illness at play long before it was even started to be understood. His Brother in Spirit told me of things he had done as a child, and what voices told him he could do. He felt that if he did not take himself out he would have done in his family. I was told that it was a "Blessing" to be free and well and healed. Not in that place of "sin or Hell" he was raised with but free from the torments life held.

His living Brother said that in looking back he could "see" those signs of harm that might have come there, things that his Brother would do in what was thought of as "acting out" were practice things. How his Brother would be seemingly talking to the walls at times in childhood, now understood he he heard things.

Another was a young man that took his life, on the outside he looked happy and well adjusted, had a GF and a nice family. On the inside he was lost, sad and unhappy. He had been adopted as an infant from an orphanage taken from his very young Mother. Abused early on in the orphanage but that was never fully clear in memories. All this was kept inside of him there to sort of recall as he put it in Spirit it just kept bubbling to the surface.

He jumped into a fast moving river, knowing that he was a very strong swimmer and it he was to live he would swim to the edge if he was to die he would die. It took three weeks for his body to be found, I helped find him. It was his path he said to live or die, his Soul only knew the outcome.

I have to feel that there are times when things are truly out of our hands, and that a higher contract guides us.

For me I never made the event of taking my life, intervention came from a fellow Psychic /Medium and helped me past that point in life. The NDE was a lesson event where I was given that life of death choice in the path I was on. I learned from it and changed my path in life, I know full well if I was to go back into that life path the next death would be death in full.

I do not feel there is "sin" more that there is karmic lessons and at times lives to repeat to move forwards from that. I have never once opened a door to the Light to what I would see as Hell....

I truly feel that we all have a life path, a reason to live and a reason to die. There have been so many times where I have been there for those lost in life, that are on that edge that have lived path thing have found some footings in the life of the living. Its not always easy but they are still here.

My husband Heart (a member here ) is one of those that found me at a cliffs edge, via energy and I LOVe him to pieces.

Lynn

Old 23-07-2016, 11:56 PM
Well, if a person decides they do not want to be 'here'....ok....sure
they do
realize they missed a big opportunity ...but we all are
children, beloved of our Father...we are never lost....we
will always be brought back to the bosom of love.
Confusion of our own may keep us from this peaceful love...but not forever!

We are never lost or forgotten...never.
Some scriptures you were brought up to believe may imply differently...
but, sorry, they are wrong...we are never lost.
We are always loved....and are sent helpers to bring us back to this truth.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-07-2016, 03:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello Members

Bringing us back on topic to what is asked. NOTE we have a rule on discussions about taking your life, this is something that is a very serious matter and not to be taken lightly.

A desision of free will or a "sin"?

I have a question and i hope it not get misunderstod, its just interessting to know about that subject. If it isnt allowed to talk about please ignore it, i didnt know.

As a Medium a lot of the work I do for families it to make that contact with those that have lost someone to the taking of their own life, the hardest and most painful thing I come to deal with. Even harder at times than the loss of a child to a crime.

I do not take the taking of a life lightly and as I have been to this dark place we can sadly fall into and I too have had a Near Death Experience I know well how precious and special life is. I too know that we come in I feel with a "Soul Contract" that journey our soul has come into experience and I so feel that if we are to learn it all and experience it all to find Enlightenment then suicide must be on some level a part of that journey.

We are able to do this so it must be something that is in our Soul Contracts to experience. While I do no feel that it is the way out, I too know from working with some in Spirit that there is a reason for many to have gone there, at times it is a selfless act of compassion that keeps a family safe.

I will share a couple of experiences.

Worked with someone that lost their Brother to suicide and so felt that it was a "sin" for them to do so but before he died he wanted to know that his Brother was safe, not in Hell, and that reason for the taking of his life. This was mental illness at play long before it was even started to be understood. His Brother in Spirit told me of things he had done as a child, and what voices told him he could do. He felt that if he did not take himself out he would have done in his family. I was told that it was a "Blessing" to be free and well and healed. Not in that place of "sin or Hell" he was raised with but free from the torments life held.

His living Brother said that in looking back he could "see" those signs of harm that might have come there, things that his Brother would do in what was thought of as "acting out" were practice things. How his Brother would be seemingly talking to the walls at times in childhood, now understood he he heard things.

Another was a young man that took his life, on the outside he looked happy and well adjusted, had a GF and a nice family. On the inside he was lost, sad and unhappy. He had been adopted as an infant from an orphanage taken from his very young Mother. Abused early on in the orphanage but that was never fully clear in memories. All this was kept inside of him there to sort of recall as he put it in Spirit it just kept bubbling to the surface.

He jumped into a fast moving river, knowing that he was a very strong swimmer and it he was to live he would swim to the edge if he was to die he would die. It took three weeks for his body to be found, I helped find him. It was his path he said to live or die, his Soul only knew the outcome.

I have to feel that there are times when things are truly out of our hands, and that a higher contract guides us.

For me I never made the event of taking my life, intervention came from a fellow Psychic /Medium and helped me past that point in life. The NDE was a lesson event where I was given that life of death choice in the path I was on. I learned from it and changed my path in life, I know full well if I was to go back into that life path the next death would be death in full.

I do not feel there is "sin" more that there is karmic lessons and at times lives to repeat to move forwards from that. I have never once opened a door to the Light to what I would see as Hell....

I truly feel that we all have a life path, a reason to live and a reason to die. There have been so many times where I have been there for those lost in life, that are on that edge that have lived path thing have found some footings in the life of the living. Its not always easy but they are still here.

My husband Heart (a member here ) is one of those that found me at a cliffs edge, via energy and I LOVe him to pieces.

Lynn

Great post Lynn, thank you for sharing
Old 26-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowIam

Don't know. Not sure if there is a soul. But why would it be any different than if a person were to die by accident, got killed, or died naturally? If you believe in sin then i guess it depends on intent. Is the person ending his/her existence to save the life of another (ex. jumping in front of a train to save a child), to avoid a prison sentence (killing someone then killing yourself right afterwards), or to avoid further pain and discomfort (ex. having an incurable disease and your only going to get worse)?

Not sure if i understood correctly. Just doesn't make sense that what happens to a soul would depend on how one dies.
Old 28-08-2016, 11:17 PM
Merlini

as far as erasing the soul, one can turn a blind eye to the soul, and depending if on is going down or up in ones own discourse; one will have different experiences; but in all reality what you might mean is shutting down the soul, ie ego u mean?
Old 29-08-2016, 01:26 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

We are spiritual beings having a physical experience. You can harm your physical body, but you can not erase your soul.
Old 14-09-2016, 02:46 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowIam

Please let me know if I understand your question. I seems to me that you are asking what happend to the soul of peple who killed themselves. all the worlds major religions see suicide as a sin. A sin which carries different punishments according to each religion. Many people say their name is erased form the book of life (Heaven) etc. I come from a different perspective. I believe that no one can speak for God, and that no single religion has all the answers when it comes to God nor the spirit. which is why the world is in the divisive, war fighting state that it is in. I am inclined to belive what buddhism says of the matter. if someone is suffereing and they kill themselves to "end their suffering" they will be reborn and experience even more suffering. I don't believe it's a "tooth for a tooth and nail for a nail" punishment. I think the Universe or God, or whatever you wanna call it. has a divine justice system. what you do, comes back to you. cause and effect. there is "vengeful God" we suffer as a result of our actions in a previous life and also our actions in this life, but not as a punishment, but rather as a lesson we have to learn in order to move to the next step in our spiritual development. If we don't learn the lesson, we will experience the same difficulties until we learn the lesson. if a person kills him/her self. is not the end of their soul. their soul will come back and continue its journey of lessons to learn. God is not vengeful, nor wouldl ever delight in our punishment.
Old 14-09-2016, 08:10 AM
Lorelyen

My belief is that it must be an allowable choice, to end your time on earth - if it seems the most appropriate action. I think the effect on your soul would depend on the motives behind the decision.

To move on is a perfectly viable option. It's become a taboo subject thanks partly to religious orthodoxy.

Old 14-09-2016, 08:19 AM
Guide

I know for sure that it makes the soul a wanderer stuck between 2 worlds until they washed away this sin. Please do not take the hectic decisions. Our life is a gift and we should appreciate it no matter want happens here.