Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Experiencer
Should you keep some things secret

The idea of sacred knowledge etc,I feel as if I should never share the content of what I see in the spirit world,and many many other things.im becoming sort of mute,what do you think?
Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 AM
Master
I think it depends on the individual, share the content you feel is ok to share and keep the content that you dont..Maybe write it down in a journal :))

Have a great day :)) You do what is right for You
Old 06-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
The idea of sacred knowledge etc,I feel as if I should never share the content of what I see in the spirit world,and many many other things.im becoming sort of mute,what do you think?

In some faiths it's very traditional. "Sacred is secret, and secret is sacred."

In my version of Hinduism, we're taught not to speak of mystical experiences except to the Guru, one on one.

So I agree, unless there is some real purpose to it like actually helping someone... but just to share for sharing's sake.. nah
Old 06-12-2013, 03:19 AM
Knower

Why keep it a secret when u can open peoples minds to the endless things there is out there. Well I like to listen to stories of the unknown. I think there's enough things kept from us as it is. So why not.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 06-12-2013, 04:48 AM
Master

I'd go with your gut. If it feels right to share, then share. If it doesn't, don't. There are many people who I don't share things of this nature with, they just wouldn't get it, they don't want to know and it wouldn't be doing either one of us any good.

I like Abraham's answer about trying to get people to listen to Abraham, especially those people that wouldn't ever want to listen to them: Oh, never do that!

If someone asks, and it feels right, go with your gut. If they don't ask, you might be better off keeping it to yourself.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:29 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
In some faiths it's very traditional. "Sacred is secret, and secret is sacred."

In my version of Hinduism, we're taught not to speak of mystical experiences except to the Guru, one on one.

So I agree, unless there is some real purpose to it like actually helping someone... but just to share for sharing's sake.. nah

This is what I feel,that the sacredness or the importance of the thing would be lost if I told it,it would have no more weight.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Master
You should share what is appropriate to share. There is no need to share that which is already known or what others are not ready for. There is no fixed rule to what is 'appropriate'.

Spirit is just another kind of being. Treat what they say in confidence in the same way you would with any other person.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:04 PM
Guide

Quote:
This is what I feel,that the sacredness or the importance of the thing would be lost if I told it,it would have no more weight.

Yes. You identified the reason we (Hindus)believe this. It has energy to it, and by telling everyone about it, that energy is lost. I've heard it said, "Someone has a rich mystical experience, and from that point onward they're so busy telling everyone about it, they never have another one." This alludes to ego-enhancing, and in Hinduism, that's never a good thing, as natural humility is a desired character trait.

But I think that's slightly exaggerated too.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:04 AM
Experiencer

Discretion Can Be The Better Part Of Valor

Quote:
There are a number of things to consider here.

First, what is your definition of sacred knowledge?

Is it knowledge which furthers a spiritual truth?

Is it knowledge of a personal nature?

Would it be helpful to others from sharing it?

Is the source of the sacred knowledge reputable?

Can you first confirm the sacred knowledge with a number of experienced, wise, and knowledgeable people before sharing it openly?

Is it possible that spirits are using you to further this knowledge? If so, for what purpose are they doing that? Do you agree with that purpose?

These are all questions you need to ask yourself before sharing.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:20 AM
Master
While apt to be reconsidered at any given moment, my current stance is - talk to people where they are at.

Many aren't ready for deeper truths, but some are. Test the water first.