Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Greenslade

Us humans have a tendency to shape the Universe around us they way we would like to see it. Take a garden, for instance. We put walls around it, we plant flowers to match whatever is around them - everything is planned. Vegetables in neat rows and how many times do you see roses growing alongside cabbages?

The Universe is stronger than us, and even though we buck against how it wants us to grow, it still grows around us. Fairly soon we find ourselves in an island apart from the Universe, there is a large wall around us to keep the Universe out so that everything in our garden is right and proper. Desires, wants, wishing, expectations - all are words to describe how we buck against the Universe in order to shape our gardens the way we want them to be and not the way the Universe thinks they should be.

It is only when you let go of the desire to reshape, to trust in the Universe that you begin to let go, because the operative word here is 'trust'. Imagine yourself standing in a stream, the water flowing around you. The water is the energy flow of the Universe, it gives Life to everything around you. Once in a while a piece of flotsam will come by, it's OK to pick it up for a while to look at it, to admire it. But you have to remember to give it back the Universe because there may be someone else downstream that might admire it and it's not yours anyway. Watch the ripples of the water, the changing colours of the stones beneath as the Light hits them.

Trust in the Universe, and remember it takes control to relinquish control.
Old 13-10-2010, 02:52 PM
grazier

Hello kindheart,

You have put out the wish, the desire - put away the doubt and accept what happens. Remember that that is all you can do - if it is meant to be, it will, if not there is nothing more that you can do. You must accept this and realize that your higher self and the Beings of Light know what you NEED and that is usually what you receive and it isn't necessarily receive in the form that you WANT. We are all looked after by the Light world and we all receive what we need, which may help us to achieve what we want.
The very word WANT holds you back as it means that you lack it - believe and affirm that you have it and then let the Lightworld do the rest.
If, by chance, you don't get what it is that you want it may be that you have missed opportunities to achieve it, or it could be that you aren't really needing it, you just think that you are, or maybe there is something for you to learn from the experience of not receiving.
Just remember, wanting leads to motivation leads to attaining.

Blessings

grazier
Old 13-10-2010, 03:40 PM
shepherd

I like what Elijah says here:

Quote:
Ironically I would add that whatever you are doing is the flow.
That you cannot go against the flow, but if that idea arises that is also the flow.

Personally I find that going against the flow can be so beneficial in a few areas of life for me going against the flow of my social conditioning created the most amazing life. Yes one can argue that is actually going with the flow but it really did not seem or feel like it at the time as it went against everything I knew.

I have seen many clients who go with the flow get lost within the flow and live life out of balance. Partying, drugs and drink are part of the flow for these people and the crowds encourage to go with the flow and let go of inhibitions which for some can end up with some terrible consequences.
Yes the flow advocates again say that it wasnt the flow they were going with but at the time, it felt right so how can we argue that?

Is an intuitional way of living life a better way as it will guide you to go against the flow or to go with it with the bigger picture in context?
Old 13-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
I am having a really hard time with this lately, and I'm not sure how to proceed. How does one go with the flow? When you want something so bad, but have no way of telling if you'll have your desire come to you, and when there is nothing to do other than wait an see what happens, how do you just wait and see? It requires so much patience! I can't get what I want out of my mind and I don't have patience... especially when I don't even know that I'll get this thing I want. How do you develop this patience? This ability to just go with the flow, without worrying about anything? I know that the more you worry about something not happening, the less chance there is it will happen... But it's like if I don't keep wishing for it to happen, I feel it won't happen. I feel I can't just do nothing or else it won't happen... but at the same time I don't think there's much more I can do now besides wait and see... But I find the waiting so painful! Especially if I'm waiting for nothing. How can I put all the chances on my side for this thing I want so badly happening? *sigh* lol

Be patient.
Believe.
Focus...set your intentions.
Remember God/One/Universe helps those who help themselves.
Accept.

All of these pertain to you and you alone...not to others around you. If you are being constrained by larger or external forces, I would say you do not have to "accept" eternally. You may have to deal for now, until such time as you can transcend. Be true to yourself & don't give up.

If you are in the position of not knowing if someone else can or will accept you, well that's different. We can't impose or conjure affection in another, & we have to accept their choices.

Then again I don't know your situation; if it involves another, maybe the other person is similarly constrained or is waiting for you to reach out? If it is mutual then I hope with all my heart that you both are able to overcome any & all obstacles. In this lifetime and sooner rather than later (LOL).

Peace,
7L
Old 13-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Master
All these insights are very good.

The thought that came to me, on this subject, is to "know that you are loved". Knowing is quite different than wanting or trusting. It is the ability to look at you life, see what has happened, and realize its appropriateness. That is because the flow of love is always present.

It is the human expectations that get in the way of understanding these things.

As a result of this knowing, a person can become masterful at co-creation. That is because when you acquire the mind of God, you become powerful.

Blessings,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-10-2010, 05:19 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
kindheart... Going with the flow is natural because everything is in constant motion and change. It's Not going with the flow that needs our attention.

We have come to the Not Flowing by holding on, clinging to and resisting whatever is happening... within ourselves and around us.

So the challenge is to notice how we are habitually holding on and holding back in our minds... how we feel tension and conflict... and find ways to let go.

Learning to let go, accept and allow it all is what opens us in the flow... and it takes some practice.
Xan
Well put.
It's like bicycling... When you stop peddling or lean out of balance, you're out of the flow... & on your face... ouch is right!
Old 15-10-2010, 05:34 PM
shepherd

well may want to ask a salmon why it goes against the flow to mate and spawn or why other fish go against the flow to catch what comes with the flow.

Never be fooled by well meaning gurus into thinking going with the flow is the best thing to do as it's all about context and in what situation, intention and outcome is desired.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:58 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perspective
It's like bicycling... When you stop peddling or lean out of balance, you're out of the flow... & on your face... ouch is right!
Hi,
To me I would say it's impossible to go out of the flow, it's just an idea.
There is nothing in my opinion that can be out of the flow because the flow is and includes all expressions.
Which sometimes appears as the person saying 'I've fallen of my bicycle and out of the flow'.
But that is also the one movement & there is nothing but that (one) flow.. which doesn't have barriers or points where it is not so much of the flow.

I don't really like the whole notion of the flow tbh, it's more of a notion of how one expects things to be.
But in reality I would say 'the flow' is whatever is happening.

Last edited by Elijah : 15-10-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 15-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Suspended
Elijah,
I see what you're referring to... that life, reality, flow (whatever it's called) is what it is. But I think that there's a certain balance that we intuitively feel (or don't feel), which I consider when things just "flow along."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
well may want to ask a salmon why it goes against the flow to mate and spawn or why other fish go against the flow to catch what comes with the flow.

Never be fooled by well meaning gurus into thinking going with the flow is the best thing to do as it's all about context and in what situation, intention and outcome is desired.
This is a good point, Shepherd. Sometimes, I've stood up for something I believed in & those around me didn't... I felt like that salmon, going against the flow of everyone else...(except no mating ;) ) & I didn't always feel exactly warm, "flowy" feelings inside.

Last edited by Perspective : 15-10-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 15-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Experiencer
Wow, these are all such great opinions and input! Also well put Shepard :)

Is it possible to let go, to stop holding on, without altering what may come? If I stop holding on, will the universe, angels, God, etc., still give me this thing I want if it's good for everyone involved? Or do I lose that chance when I let go?

Hmm... how do I let go?? I do I stop holding on so I can move on until it (or something better suited) comes to me?

I am somewhat new to this (well... giving spirituality a second chance)...