Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
well may want to ask a salmon why it goes against the flow to mate and spawn or why other fish go against the flow to catch what comes with the flow.

Never be fooled by well meaning gurus into thinking going with the flow is the best thing to do as it's all about context and in what situation, intention and outcome is desired.

Sometimes going against the flow out of nothing but sheer cussedness yields interesting results :-)

The way I perceive flow, Elijah, is like the flow of energy. You can almost see a situation pan out in front of you and you have two choices, you can go with the flow and just let the situation carry you on, or you can go against the flow and rebel. I don't do expectations, but in most situations I let my intuition loose for a time to see what it's going to make of things. If I like the way it's going then I'll run with it, if not I'll kick against it. If I'm a salmon and it's my nature to go against the flow, I don't have a problem with that.

In answer to your question, KindHeart, it's up to you. You can sit back and let things come to you as the Universe sends them, or you can go fetch them yourself. Sometimes you can sit back and wait for the right situation/circumstances to come along then grab it by the short and curlies until it screams for mercy. Always the choice.
Old 16-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Sometimes going against the flow out of nothing but sheer cussedness yields interesting results :-)

The way I perceive flow, Elijah, is like the flow of energy. You can almost see a situation pan out in front of you and you have two choices, you can go with the flow and just let the situation carry you on, or you can go against the flow and rebel. I don't do expectations, but in most situations I let my intuition loose for a time to see what it's going to make of things. If I like the way it's going then I'll run with it, if not I'll kick against it. If I'm a salmon and it's my nature to go against the flow, I don't have a problem with that.

In answer to your question, KindHeart, it's up to you. You can sit back and let things come to you as the Universe sends them, or you can go fetch them yourself. Sometimes you can sit back and wait for the right situation/circumstances to come along then grab it by the short and curlies until it screams for mercy. Always the choice.

I believe I did anything I could (in "physical" actions) and now there is nothing left to do but wait to see if it one day happens. And since it may not happen (although I think there are chances it will, but not now), or may take a while, I need patience and let go so I don't stay stuck. I still want it to happen, but don't wanna be stuck either. I'm open to what may come... Now why would it scream for mercy when I grab it?? lol
Old 16-10-2010, 03:17 AM
White Wolf

kindheart, before I write another word, I have to admit this is a classic case of the blind attempting to lead the blind.

That being said ... currently I'm in a "hurry up and wait" situation myself, and not dealing well with it. The one thing I have learned - the hard way - is that every time I try to force my will on the situation [a romantic relationship] things go from bad to worse. And yet, when I wait (im)patiently for inspiration, and take action with pure love, the situation does improve - temporarily at least.

I hope whatever you have asked for arrives in your life in a timely fashion.

White Wolf
Old 16-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
I believe I did anything I could (in "physical" actions) and now there is nothing left to do but wait to see if it one day happens. And since it may not happen (although I think there are chances it will, but not now), or may take a while, I need patience and let go so I don't stay stuck. I still want it to happen, but don't wanna be stuck either. I'm open to what may come... Now why would it scream for mercy when I grab it?? lol

If the Universe knows you're looking for it, KindHeart, then it's all you can do. When the time is right it'll come to you - if it's meant to. But then, what would Life be if there wasn't a little mystery? Sometimes having an itch you can't scratch keeps you going. If you've done all you can do then it's time to sit back and have a beer. If you ask politely you might get an answer, if you grab it until it screams for mercy then you know it's not hiding anything from you :-)

Sometimes a lot of different factors have to mesh together for something to happen - often that includes gaining insights, knowledge, experience etc. If the insight is inspired by someone else, they have to be in the right place at the right time with the right words to turn on your light bulb. It might not be time for your light bulb to go on because further down the line someone else might need that inspiration, and if they're not ready to receive it'll fall on deaf ears.

In this instance, going with the flow is helpful. You wouldn't want that person to miss out because you were too damned keen, would you? However, if everyone around you is going with the flow and believing the gurus, maybe swimming upstream is an option.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Suspended
What White Wolf wrote reminded me of this song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjiVy...eature=related

(One step at a time, by Jordin Sparks)
Old 16-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindheart
I am having a really hard time with this lately, and I'm not sure how to proceed. How does one go with the flow? When you want something so bad, but have no way of telling if you'll have your desire come to you, and when there is nothing to do other than wait an see what happens, how do you just wait and see? It requires so much patience! I can't get what I want out of my mind and I don't have patience... especially when I don't even know that I'll get this thing I want. How do you develop this patience? This ability to just go with the flow, without worrying about anything? I know that the more you worry about something not happening, the less chance there is it will happen... But it's like if I don't keep wishing for it to happen, I feel it won't happen. I feel I can't just do nothing or else it won't happen... but at the same time I don't think there's much more I can do now besides wait and see... But I find the waiting so painful! Especially if I'm waiting for nothing. How can I put all the chances on my side for this thing I want so badly happening? *sigh* lol

Hi kindheart ... welcome to the community ... what a beautful name first up .. (as an aside names move me) ... back to the topic at hand ... how does one go with the flow? Well for me it is about allowing that which is bound to be known/embraced lol On another worthy thread not a million miles from here someone talked about remembering verses learning ... see there is always something more to 'learn slash unleash' lol in the end it doesnt matter what we call it .. if it opens up our puny minds and allows the light to 'shine' in on all the 'little' godforsaken corners, then its all worth it :)