Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Master
"The druids were pretty much wiped out and all of their oral knowledge lost"

This is open to question. Many escaped to Ireland and, ultimately, were folded into the Celtic Church which explains the animist tendencies of that branch of Christianity. This church, although semi-obscure now, brought christianity to Britain, not the Catholic church. So, a Christian church with pagan overtones converts a pagan country - the result should be obvious. Then of course, over a thousand years later is the re-emergence of the Celtic Church with Gardner and Nichols - both ordained priests of the Celtic Church. Gardner = Wicca, Nichols founded the largest druid order in Britain. Cause for thought I think !
Old 11-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"The druids were pretty much wiped out and all of their oral knowledge lost"

This is open to question. Many escaped to Ireland and, ultimately, were folded into the Celtic Church which explains the animist tendencies of that branch of Christianity. This church, although semi-obscure now, brought christianity to Britain, not the Catholic church. So, a Christian church with pagan overtones converts a pagan country - the result should be obvious. Then of course, over a thousand years later is the re-emergence of the Celtic Church with Gardner and Nichols - both ordained priests of the Celtic Church. Gardner = Wicca, Nichols founded the largest druid order in Britain. Cause for thought I think !
There is a difference between druids and lay religion. There's no question that the Christian missionaries grudgingly allowed some folk practices to continue under a Christian overlay (renaming holy wells, taking some popular deities and inventing a saint, so forth). But the druids were an elite class of people who formulated resistance to foreign rule because it usually meant that they would lose their status, Julius Caesar said that the Keltoi considered the druids to be god-like. And under Roman rule, they would've lost their absolute authority over public religious practice, and law. Druids were a (albeit a massive) part of popular religion. And while some low mythology and folk practice survived under the guise of Christianity, some of the most crucial and important parts of pre-Christian Celtic religion(s) have been lost. So if druid knowledge was substantially worked into some Celtic church, we wouldn't have so many questions when it comes to the cosmology and everyday religious practices, even if we can reconstruct and take educated guesses at some of the questions. But ultimately the questions will likely forever have a ? at the end, which is really sad Of course, pending some marvelous discovery of a detailed religious document written by an Irish or Gallic druid
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
slave of Allaah

Thanks Whiteshaman and Animus for answering my Q.

I remember an interview with a magician who repent to God and become a muslim serving God only.

He said that he was chosen by the jinns his father was working for/with, and he believed that they would harm him if he disobeyed them. so his father forced him to be a magician as well.

This is why I believe now those who say that some shamans are chosen by jinns and they suffer in case of refusal.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
Thanks Whiteshaman and Animus for answering my Q.

I remember an interview with a magician who repent to God and become a muslim serving God only.

He said that he was chosen by the jinns his father was working for/with, and he believed that they would harm him if he disobeyed them. so his father forced him to be a magician as well.

This is why I believe now those who say that some shamans are chosen by jinns and they suffer in case of refusal.

Interestingly enough, and I know without the details that this sounds crazy, but I have seen and been visited by what was a Djinn. I didn't even know what one was. It's a long story and one I posted here some time ago but it is interesting that you mention them.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Interestingly enough, and I know without the details that this sounds crazy, but I have seen and been visited by what was a Djinn. I didn't even know what one was. It's a long story and one I posted here some time ago but it is interesting that you mention them.
Were you a magician

Last edited by slave of Allaah : 12-10-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah
Were you a magi

I was a guy practicing shamanism who was approached by a woman one day, out of the blue, whose guides wanted to meet me. The one guide I met and physically saw (with a witness) took the shape of a dog.
Later in a shamanic journey intended to meet with this guide, it appeared as a genie in the sky where we both met, arms and legs folded and all.
Later I looked up the symbolism of a genie and that is where I learned about the Djinn and how they are mentioned in the koran. The interesting part was that it said they usually don't appear to people but when they do it is in the shape of a dog usually.
The whole experience was pretty amazing.....................
Old 12-10-2011, 05:13 PM
haaveilija

Thank you very much for your interesting answers. I have been reading, even if I have not been avtive in the discussion. I am not that good at discussing, I mostly just listen.. sometimes ask questions...