Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-03-2011, 04:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewordofgod
I can tell that you don't know who God is by this one statement.

oh i readily and humbly admit that i don't know who or what "God" is or if "God" can even be classified as a who or a what. of course, you don't really know either but you aren't going to humbly admit it.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
oh i readily and humbly admit that i don't know who or what "God" is or if "God" can even be classified as a who or a what. of course, you don't really know either but you aren't going to humbly admit it.
im glad to know im not the only one to have noticed that...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 07-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewordofgod
All those ages are what deceived men dreamed up. There are two ages in God and this first one is almost over. The next one will go on forever.

gee ...i wonder how an eternal being views time and "ages". the entire life of the human species wouldn't even amount to an eye blink to a being with an infinite life span.

you're a man (human and therefore not infallible) so how do you know you're not just dreaming up another "age"?
Old 07-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
im glad to know im not the only one to have noticed that...

kinda hard to miss. but oh well, it's okay. some folks get really into "God" their thing.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:13 AM
mattie

Voluntary Reincarnation

Allot of sources say before we reincarnate we choose what life circumstances we will be in & meet with. We actively choose our life lessons. This is much the same as we would actively choose what classes we take in a semester in college.

I’ve never read anything that indicated reincarnation was foisted on us w/o our being full partners in the experience.

The element of karma adds some interesting layers to this. If we have incurred karma in the previous lifetime this may be something that is necessary to delve into w/ the next reincarnation.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Allot of sources say before we reincarnate we choose what life circumstances we will be in & meet with. We actively choose our life lessons. This is much the same as we would actively choose what classes we take in a semester in college.

I’ve never read anything that indicated reincarnation was foisted on us w/o our being full partners in the experience.

The element of karma adds some interesting layers to this. If we have incurred karma in the previous lifetime this may be something that is necessary to delve into w/ the next reincarnation.

i see no reason to believe in reincarnation or karma. i have never before been this self. i do not have any previously lives. i am not responsible or in debt for the actions of someone i have never been.

and besides, there are something like 7 BILLION humans on this planet. there are certainly more humans now than when the concept of karma was invented so there has to be a lot of new souls. where do new souls come from and how do new souls accumulate karma and end up on Earth paying debts? and when did humans start getting on the karmic wheel? before or after cro magmon?
Old 07-03-2011, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
and when did humans start getting on the karmic wheel? before or after cro magmon?
IQ,

The karma belief can't answer that one, most of all because it comes from a particular religion (eastern) which denies evolution and all other hominids.

According to the karma belief killing a cow is a bigger sin than killing a lion or a deer. Yet the cow is a domesticated species and a new kid on the block.

Just as it's popular to say ''meat is karma''. Easy to say for a people who are tropical agriculturalists. We know agriculture is recently and that humans are omnivores, so again it makes no sense..

'Karma' is another way for saying I don't know... it doesn't really explain anything. The endless ''wheel'' has no cause so if there's no cause why judge something as good or bad karma? It can't even explain why it exists in the first place, yet people happily accept it.

It's another specific cultural system of ethics that is presented as universal fact.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:37 AM
mattie

Reincarnation & Karma A Personal Belief

Internal Queries Quote: ‘i see no reason to believe in reincarnation or karma.’

Some believe in reincarnation & karma, some don’t. This is a personal decision.

Internal Queries Quote: ‘... there are something like 7 BILLION humans on this planet. there are certainly more humans now than when the concept of karma was invented so there has to be a lot of new souls. where do new souls come from ...’

I don’t ever recall hearing that the amount of souls on this planet were restricted by the amount of those here in ancient times.

The new souls come from the same place that our soul came from.

Internal Queries Quote: ‘... how do new souls accumulate karma and end up on Earth paying debts?’

It’s voluntary excursion on this planet. Karma isn’t about paying debts or being punished but achieving balance, wholeness. Having the opportunity to see/live both sides of the issue. For instance if one is a crummy landlord one might come back in the next lifetime as a person who can’t get the landlord to fix anything or a tenant rights advocate.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:11 PM
mattie

None Of The Organized Religions Gets It Right

Chrysaetos Quote: ‘The karma belief can't answer that one, most of all because it comes from a particular religion (eastern) which denies evolution and all other hominids.’

None of the religions gets it all right, but some of them have some parts of it right. There is just as much that eastern religions get wrong as western ones do. They all share the honors in this respect!!!

Crysaetos Quote: ‘Just as it's popular to say ''meat is karma''.’

I assume this saying, 'meat is karma'' that I’ve heard for the first time means one is incurring bad karma by eating meat. This is likely based on the presumption that eating meat isn’t OK. This is curious for several reasons. It only has horror (& presumed bad karma) for eating beings that are like us, that is, beings w/ eyes. It dismisses that we are taking the life force from vegetables, grains , & berries & only feeling guilt about taking the life force from animals. It also often comes from a position of superiority that vegetarians are superior or more pure to those who eat meat. Pointless polarity games.

Eating doesn’t have anything to do w/ karma but what is appropriate nourishment for that organism. Little fish eat plankton-like stuff, big fish eat the little fish, we eat the big fish.

Recent studies have found out that those who are the healthiest are those who eat a small amount of meat along w/ a balanced diet.

Chrysaetos Quote:: ‘'Karma' is another way for saying I don't know... ‘

It’s more like I haven’t learned ... .

Chrysaetos Quote: ‘The endless ''wheel'' has no cause so if there's no cause why judge something as good or bad karma? It can't even explain why it exists in the first place, yet people happily accept it.’

It really isn’t endless. The need for karma ends when we accomplish the learning unique to that dimensional level. At that point we have the option of advancing to the next D.

All of metaphysical thought is in this category even though this is increasingly less bound by morality (ethics) or specific culture. Many have rejected ALL the religious teachings, both western & eastern & feel free to select whatever portions of them that ring true for them as well as develop new concepts about spirituality/energy. These various POVs can go back to the much asked questions of what is god or is there a god or a soul that exists separately from the physical body. How do we know this????

Many POVs & we all have the right to select what POVs we want.

Chrysaetos Quote: ‘It's another specific cultural system of ethics that is presented as universal fact.’

This is true about considering eating meat a religious taboo. Combining morality w/ spirituality is something that has been used historically waaaaay too much as a device to control people.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Internal Queries Quote: ‘i see no reason to believe in reincarnation or karma.’

Some believe in reincarnation & karma, some don’t. This is a personal decision.

that's fine but that doesn't exempt the concept from scrutiny.

Internal Queries Quote: ‘... there are something like 7 BILLION humans on this planet. there are certainly more humans now than when the concept of karma was invented so there has to be a lot of new souls. where do new souls come from ...’

I don’t ever recall hearing that the amount of souls on this planet were restricted by the amount of those here in ancient times.

the point being ... there are billions of humans on this planet living in abject poverty, disease, starvation oppression and war torn misery and they're apparently experiencing "karma" despite that some of them, most of them, must be new souls. where did their karma come from when they're new?

The new souls come from the same place that our soul came from.

Internal Queries Quote: ‘... how do new souls accumulate karma and end up on Earth paying debts?’

It’s voluntary excursion on this planet. Karma isn’t about paying debts or being punished but achieving balance, wholeness. Having the opportunity to see/live both sides of the issue. For instance if one is a crummy landlord one might come back in the next lifetime as a person who can’t get the landlord to fix anything or a tenant rights advocate.

lol what a silly system. a crummy landlord comes back to experience what it's like to live in a place owned crummy landlord. so the crummy landlord in who rented the place to the reincarnated landlord also has to come back to experience what it's like to live in place owned by a crummy landlord who also must rent from a crummy landlord who also has to come back to experience what it's like to rent from a crummy landlord ad infinitum. with a system like that there will never be a time when there aren't crummy landlords. lol the system perpetuates misery.

not sure why but i have to type in this space in order to post my post. lol