Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 12-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Master
How to distinguish the difference ... or can you really?

Not sure if anyone discussed this topic on here before, sorry it is a repeat.

What I mean is as a person who is a medium/pyschic how do you tell the difference about the information you recieve is actually from spirit? Could it be the information from a living person who is/was expereincing the things you have seen, felt or heard. What I am saying is and having a difficult time conveying this is for example, I will use myself, I have seen and heard many spirits, they are all around me, about 3-6 months ago one night I saw a young African American boy wearing denim overalls, he smiled at me and he had red eyes and fangs, he spooked me a little, I sent this info to a guy I sort of know and in his response he said, before he opened the email he got an image of a boy with red eyes and fangs wearing overalls... that kind of surprised me since I wasn't even 100% sure of what I saw and this guy "claimed" he saw it before reading my email. Did he actually see the boy I did or was he only picking up what I saw or thought I saw. Does that make sence? Or on second thought could he have picked up both what I saw and perhaps really experienced what I did???

How do you, as a pychic distiguish between what the person saw or thought they saw and what is reality? Is the energy different? Or is it something you just know? I certainly know that feeling, have gotten that strong feeling when spirit has communicated something of importance to me. I just knew without a doubt what it was or what they were trying to tell me. I don't question it at all. It was a knowing feeling. Like spirit "forced" it upon me. Can't explain it but I just knew.

I am just curious on how one knows the difference.

Hope I explained this properly.

btw my title was not meant to insult anyone (sorry if I did).

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 12-10-2011, 08:15 PM
Neville

Hello Elfay,

This is an age old dilemma, Is it my Imagination or is it Authentic .

I am not sure distinctions are that easy to make. One of the more helpful quotes for me is;

Quote:

"Thoughts have a higher dwelling place than the visible world, and its skies are not clouded by sensuality. Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance."

Kahlil Gibran, 1883-1930

I'm sorry I was not much help
Old 12-10-2011, 08:30 PM
Medium_Laura

Being the boy had fangs and well spirits don't appear to us to scare us, but ghosts and negative entities will. That says to me you picked up that other persons telepathic message of his fear.

He obviously has some fear of entities/ghosts and therefore he sees them as scary things.

When you are doing mediumship, there is no doubt it's spirit. They are not that subtle, they talk or they show you pictures and symbols. They even show themselves to me as they looked on earth. Never have I had a "scary" or "demonic" sighting from spirit. Beings from the light or "heaven" are easy to spot. :)

Ghosts/negative energies are more close to the earth and many people can see/hear/communicate with them. They feed on fear and anger.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Master

Hi Elfay, for what it’s worth, my understanding of the difference is that psychic phenomena, is a part of the human condition, the psyche itself produces varied sensitivities and abilities, but they are, when scrutinized associated to the nature of material and psychological processes and energies. Telepathy, premonitions, divination, extra sensory perceptions relating to energy activity which can be sourced within the material conditions of experience, is a few examples.

Whereas the link a medium experiences with those who are out-with the material conditions and it`s energies, is produced by a more subtle ethereal sensitivity. But it is worth highlighting, that the influences of what is called telepathy, actually creates the confusion, between the psychic and the medium. Since thought and feelings are energies in their own right, they exist beyond our perception or conscious recognition, in an ethereal subtle energy, surrounding our human form. Because they can be accessed subconsciously by human psyche`s and sensitive’s, they are often linked between two individuals, who unconsciously harmonize in balance, in ethereal terms, this may surface by one picking up the others feelings or thoughts, no matter the physical space or distance between them.

Alternatively, the ether itself is a natural medium, because it is the link between the material medium and Spirit, which essentially produces an ethereal telepathy between Spiritual mediums and Spirit. So where both may be seen as simply telepathy, they are in fact two varied forms of telepathy, one a human psychological recognition, the other a purer sensitivity which is more to do with chakras than psychology. Hope that helps.

Peace be with you
Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Master
Wow !! Thank you everyone for your replies. I certainly understand it a lot better now. I often wondered if a medium was actually picking up the vibes from a reader, what they possibly know or see, or possibly someone elses energy who experienced things or they were picking up spirit or a negative. A lot of what I was curious about were answered. Thank you.

As for the "demonic"-like boy I saw, I am not afraid of spirits or ghosts, though they will catch me off guard and freak me a bit, especially the one with red eyes & fangs. I still am not sure if it was a figment of my imagination or not - I don't know what I believe.
We do have a lot of negatives here so I assume he is one of them.

I have had a lot of visions here in this rental. More than I ever had before. Nearly all of them are of children. Some have shown themselves dead to me - that freaked me out. Seeing what looked like my bathtub with a dead, naked child in it apparently that had drowned (I feel by way of foul play). Some called me late at night, I heard one call out, "Mama" I knew it wasn't my 12 year old son, the voice was way too young and he never calls me mama any more. I often wondered if it was the demonic-like boy or Timmy the little boy who was stuck here, he too wore denim overalls, only he was a real boy. Or rather had been a real boy.

I knew the visions were real but when they appeared to me like the demon boy I can't tell. Though I don't have quite as crazy imagination as that to "see" a demon child. Nor do I really believe in things with red eyes or fangs... until then.

For all the lost little souls I saw, I did call upon Archangel Michael and Mother Mary for help and they were able to help each of them to cross except one. An african American or Hispanic boy, I had 2 visions of him. He didn't cross with the others. Not sure what happened with him. Funny enough he had a pet Spider monkey that may have been real or something else, perhaps one of his guides. I think I may have written about the spider monkey before. Though I haven't seen either in months.

I did stop having these visions of these children so I trully believe they were helped by Michael and Mother Mary.

It isn't about karma. It is about love. Love is beyond karma. Karma can be very easily neutralized with Love.

I don't share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds that think differently.

I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they're not alone.

"Good bits of wisdom Elfay the future isn't carved in stone, it is a book waiting to be written." - Adrienne
Old 12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Master
And Laura, that is so amazing you are getting married on 11-11-11 at 11:11!!! My friend Julia was married on 1-1-11 !!! Numbers are trully amazing.

Old 13-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Donna Mai

For me, when there's a spirit trying to get through to me, I get a tickle in my throat. I don't know why this is, maybe it's because I'm asthmatic and it's my weak area, but that's always how I tell when there's *someone there*. If I don't feel that, then I can be fairly certain there's nobody there. I don't consider myself psychic, so if I then got thoughts in my head, it would most likely be just my own thoughts/ego

Also, considering this is ever so slightly related, I'll say this:
I once heard a good distinction between people with psychiatric disorders who hear voices vs people who hear dead people: Psychiatric patients hear voices in stereo - mediums hear predominantly on one side.

This statement alone made me breathe a sigh of relief.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:42 AM
Master
*breaths* sigh of relief too !! I hear spirit predominately on my right side, some times in my head or close to me but usually on my right side, either in my head or outside.

I know what you mean Donna Mai, I get a feeling in the pit of my stomach when I have a vision, it tells me its real, its kind of like your tickle. Its like when I do see ghosts (negative ones) I don't always feel much, I feel its just ego kicking in. Then when someone else tells me they saw it too it confirms it for me. But some times, like I said earlier in my thread, are they seeing it because it really was there or are they seeing it because they are picking it up from me? Which would never confirm that it really was there in the first place. Though I do trust that a medium should see beyond what the other person felt or saw.

I suppose I am confusing the issue with all these questions, thoughts and ideas. I've had this all in the back of my mind a lot for a while now. I guess its because others claimed they saw the negatives I have. while I have no proof of it, and others don't see or feel it, I question if they were picking it up from me. They read me telepathically and I transmitted what they "thought" they saw as actually something when it wasn't. Or was it?

Not a medium either, I do see, sense, hear feel spirits and ghosts around me. One in particular likes to touch me on the hands. One actually use to poke and jab me endlessly and it hurt sometimes. It wasn't a malicious poke or jab rather annoying. I never figured out who it was though I suspect it was some of my fae friends!! lol

Old 13-10-2011, 08:28 AM
Serenity Bear

For a person who is mediumistic there is a way:

For a mediumship link it usually comes from behind to the upper right = the mediums energy goes backwards (there are always exceptions to this but as far as I know this is the average). For the psychic link the energy goes forward towards the person you are reading.

Sometimes the mediumship link can also devide onto the right and left of the back area to denote the paternal and maternal sides of the family or to denote spirit guides and those wishing for a message to be given to the recipient. I think it just depends on the medium and also on their level of development.

For the recipient you can usually tell by what the medium says. If they say, he/she is telling me, I am aware they... I have got so and so here. They usually will give evidence of identification of the person they are giving the message for to the extent you can identifiy them. That is the whole point of mediumship - to identify life after death.

For the psychic they would only be able to give you information they pick up from intuition and your auric field, so usually past events, never in person and would ask a lot of questions. They would say Im seeing this past event with you, I feel about you, I can see with you - never identifying a particular person.

For a person who can see auras, with the psychic link they will see a golden energy tube linking from the Medium to the recipient. For the mediumship link that energy would then go back to the medium and out the back of said medium. This is a very interesting phenomena to see.