Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-04-2020, 05:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
... my own experience with Universal Consciousness has been mostly fleeting. I will say though that appears to be changing for me, as my connection and commitment to The Living Stream becomes stronger.

What I experience is obviously different than the complete and permanent God-union transformation Buddha and Christ-Jesus underwent. Nevertheless my understanding along with my own experience leads me to believe this in fact is a gradual soul-recognition process, taking place over many lifetimes, and will eventually lead each human soul to that Gnosis Buddha-Christ state of consciousness.
Riffing on the muse-ical 'stimulus' provided by the above words, sometimes in syncopated counterpoint, Baile:

I would caution against the 'temptation' to idolize or idealize the purported "complete and permanent God-union transformation" of the likes of Buddha or Jesus (or any other purported 'avatar' for that matter).

Buddha, for instance, willfully left (hence 'abandoned') his wife and children to pursue what he thought was more important. Souls today recognize that such abdication of existing personal family response-abilities is not the most psychologically and socially 'healthy' (or wholesome/holistic) thing to do - quite the contrary, actually.

I also feel confident in stating that, if he were to reincarnate/return today, based on what the Roman Catholic 'Church' historically ended up becoming and doing (the Inquisition, for just one glaring example!) Jesus also wouldn't now repeat 'errors' such as endorsing empowering someone (in this Peter) as 'the rock' on which "I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:18-19) - this, of course, assumes that reports that he thought this way and said these word weren't just 'made up' to 'suit' Peter and those who were 'picked' to be his 'heirs'.

The point being that Jesus and Buddha were not "completely" holistically all-knowing and all-wise in every way - they were 'human' like you and I!

My crusade against 'mindless' acceptance of 'advaita'-based revelations and teacher/teachings is similarly based on unbiased (i.e. non-idealizing) observation, IMO. The whole caste 'system' in/by which people were relegated to socially subordinate roles - so-called 'untouchables' for instance being unconscionably (IMO) used to do 'dirty' jobs as sewer cleaners, etc. - was a direct result of (false and unholistic, IMO) rationalizations that what happens in the context of folks 'worldly' lives is just a 'dreamy' 'illusion' and that the 'awful' stuff that 'happened' to people therein was something that was their personal-soul 'earned' karmic due - as clearly implicit in supposedly fully-enlightened-'avatar' generated adhere-strictly-to-what-'I'-say scriptural statements such as: "Those who thus hate Me, who are cruel, the dregs of mankind, I condemn them to a continuous, miserable and godless rebirth. So reborn, they spend life after life, enveloped in delusion. And they never reach Me, O Prince, but degenerate into still lower forms of life. ... But he who neglects the commands of the scriptures, and follows the promptings of passion, he does not attain 'perfection', 'happiness' or 'the final goal'. Therefore whenever there is doubt whether thou shouldst do a thing or not, let the scriptures guide thy conduct. In the light of the scriptures shouldst thou labor the whole of thy life.”

It took people like Gandhi who incorporated Jesus's (non-advaitist!) teachings into his Advaita and Gita based philosophy to start a movement aimed at really[!] liberating the Indo-human Spirit by inducing people to treat people of all 'castes' equally and stop self-contentedly regarding and relating (actually not relating!) to the lives of (so-called) 'untouchables' as they traditionally (unquestioningly? mindlessly? habitually?) did.

IOW, Baille, I suggest that you regard the way in which you regard yourself and relate to The Living Stream of Life as right-here right-now being just as 'god-union' and 'complete'-devotion potentialed (as well as possibly being as 'ignore-ant' and 'blind') as Jesus and Buddha and said 'avatars', and [b]so[/] (in good conscience!) never being self-complacent (as many here clearly are!) and being ever self-examining in terms of the possibility that there may be even 'better' ways to maximally augment your and others' Life-Flow than one is presently doing (as many here clearly egotistically aren't!) -without thinking or feeling that you are any 'less than' Jesus or Buddha was in their day.

My 'sense' is that you are already personally doing what I personally recommend - just a bit distracted as a result of being unduly 'star-struck' in the preceding regard.

More discussion of practical down-to-earth [i]issues[/u] relating to the personal experience and expression of Life-Flow to come - my 'wad' in this regard is shot for now!
Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Riffing on the muse-ical 'stimulus' provided by the above words, sometimes in syncopated counterpoint, Baile:
I love counterpoints, they make me rethink. And I like rethinking, makes me look at other perspectives. And I like other perspectives, makes the world go round. :)

I’m grounded Davidsun, good lord if the last 65 years hasn’t been enough to learn common sense, logic and grounding, then I give up. Because the inner work is so much harder! I hear you, and say one thing: Yes, I am in the Now, now. That said, I doubt Buddha yelled at his senior cat yesterday (poor old guy and I really am sorry Kitty) for pooping on the carpet for the hundredth time. So yes, I have a ways to go yet.
Old 06-04-2020, 01:14 PM
Master
The Living Stream though... yes to what you said, and that isn’t just here, now, it IS the here and now.
Old 06-04-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
More discussion of practical down-to-earth issues relating to the personal experience and expression of Life-Flow to come - my 'wad' in this regard is shot for now!
Grooving with your response to my above post , let me just say the above -expressed 'intent' unloosed a veritable 'flood'-flow of thoughts pertaining to the subject as well as made me 'groan' at the thought of trying/aiming to collate these in a follow-up post.

Said 'problem' was re-solved when I received and (then) answered Ewwerrin's post at :

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...57#post1920757

I think my answer (to his post) succintly 'summarizes' what I would have said in my follow-up post to you here.

Best 'advice' (this is what always 'works' for 'the best' for me): When you are 'tired' or in 'doubt' or emotional-ripple 'troubled', specifically 're-member' (i.e. visualize) and 'savor' (i.e. think/feel about) of any and all of the people and animals you are personally 'in' relational love-association with!

Old 06-04-2020, 03:22 PM
Master
In connection with the "Yelling at your senior cat for pooping on the carpet" episode, Baile, I thought you would enjoy remembering these:

"Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’"

and

"Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, 'Let no fruit grow on you ever again.' Immediately the fig tree withered away."