Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 13-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Solitary Faery

Question My first vision in my crystal ball!

So I guess I must be naturally adept with crystal balls which I hear is a rare talent and a difficult skill - Last night I followed a guidebook I've been using and cleansed and blessed my crystal, and then set the scene correctly (five candles around the ball, low light and a certain meditation). I sat and gazed into it for quite awhile. At first I was seeing just some shapes but finally, near the end, I actually saw a vision! (Just fyi, the crystal ball usually gives its messages in symbolism, similar to dreams and dream dictionaries). At first I saw a chained up silver lock, then it melted away and I saw a white, guardian angel standing to the right of a large butterfly. Underneath that was a golden door that didn't appear to have a lock. My interpretation of this would be that there's a positive metamorphosis at hand (the butterfly) with a major opportunity (the golden door), yet that I'm afraid to go through that (the silver lock), but that I've got guardian angels watching over me and I should move forward on the path. Then I ended my session. What do you guys think? Does anyone else here use crystal scrying or has anyone here tried it before? Any tips or opinions?
Old 13-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Solitary Faery

Do you/does anyone think that a dream dictionary would be appropriate for decoding symbols in this type of divination? Or are dreams different than crystal ball visions?
Old 13-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Congratulations Solitary Faery ! I have always wondered what or how people actually saw things in a crystal ball. Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry I don't have answers for your questions, but hopefully someone else will.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 14-02-2012, 12:38 AM
nightowl

This sounds like a wonderful experience. I tend to beleive that those who are gifted with seeing imagery, dreams symbols and visions are suited well for crystal gazing.

I book on dream interpretation or spiritual imagery could help. I personally like to go with what the first impression of the image is first and only look to a book and symbol interpretation when I get stuck. The reason I like this method is I beleive the image will speak to you as you understand it. Example; a dog doesn't always mean the same to everyone it's meaning will often be tied to an experience that is linked to the image. One person may see a dog as warm and friendly (good experience) where another will see a dog as frightening and dangerous (bad experience), how the gazer sees the dog will depend on who they are gazing for and what their experience might be with a dog.

I would love to hear how you progress...
Old 14-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Solitary Faery

Yes, I noticed that. I looked up the symbols after I had already determined a meaning and they were way off, yet the meaning I interpreted it as I was watching it in the ball is actually very accurate to my life right now.
Old 15-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary Faery
So I guess I must be naturally adept with crystal balls which I hear is a rare talent and a difficult skill - Last night I followed a guidebook I've been using and cleansed and blessed my crystal, and then set the scene correctly (five candles around the ball, low light and a certain meditation). I sat and gazed into it for quite awhile. At first I was seeing just some shapes but finally, near the end, I actually saw a vision! (Just fyi, the crystal ball usually gives its messages in symbolism, similar to dreams and dream dictionaries). At first I saw a chained up silver lock, then it melted away and I saw a white, guardian angel standing to the right of a large butterfly. Underneath that was a golden door that didn't appear to have a lock. My interpretation of this would be that there's a positive metamorphosis at hand (the butterfly) with a major opportunity (the golden door), yet that I'm afraid to go through that (the silver lock), but that I've got guardian angels watching over me and I should move forward on the path. Then I ended my session. What do you guys think? Does anyone else here use crystal scrying or has anyone here tried it before? Any tips or opinions?

why where can i get one...lol... or was it really that you learning how to tap into your visions but, if the crystal ball helps you to focus- meditate I would say use it.. I've been in spiritual store but, havent seen a crystal ball. sounds interesting to me.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 15-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Shabby

I don't have any experiences with crystal balls but find it very interesting. I think you did a great job on interpreting the symbols you saw in your vision and would suggest to stick to your feelings and intuition on interpreting them.
Old 15-02-2012, 06:27 PM
oliviasang

Congratulations Solitary Faery! I use a black mirror and have never tried a crystal ball but the application sounds similar. Personally I would not recommend a dream interpretation book, simply because the ‘vision’ is for you and therefore the symbols would be only correctly interpreted by using your perception.
Old 15-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Master
Scying with a crystal ball according to a Cunning Folk grimoire

Sit quietly in a darkened room, lit by a candle which is out of your sight. Look into the ball. Allow your eyes to relax and become slightly unfocussed. After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the crystal. Let this mist grow and fill the ball, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the crystal.
The images you see might not be what you expected. That's OK, don't fight them. Your subconscious mind knows what information you need. Just let the images flow, changing and taking you wherever they choose to go.
Once the crystal ball has shown you all the images you need, they will begin to fade. Don't just stop the session suddenly, instead reverse the process you used at the beginning. Visualise the mists coming back and covering the images, then receding to return the ball to its natural state.

Ditto for a Black Mirror [same source]

A scrying mirror is usually black. The easiest way to make one is to find a picture frame that you like, take the glass out and paint one side black, then replace the glass with the black on the inside. Sit quietly in a darkened room, lit by a candle which is out of your sight. Look into the mirror. Allow your eyes to relax and become slightly unfocussed. After a little while you should see a mist or smoke forming in the mirror. Let this mist grow and fill the mirror, then visualise it gradually clearing to reveal images within the mirror.
The images you see might not be what you expected. That's OK, don't fight them. Your subconscious mind knows what information you need. Just let the images flow, changing and taking you wherever they choose to go.
Once the scryning mirror has shown you all the images you need, they will begin to fade. Don't just stop the session suddenly, instead reverse the process you used at the beginning. Visualise the mists coming back and covering the images, then receding to return the mirror to its natural state.
Old 17-02-2012, 08:09 AM
Experiencer
That's great Solitary Faery! It's always exciting when you get visions through the crystal. I picked it up straight away whilst following an instructional book, later I found that I don't need to set up with candles etc. you probably won't need all that either but it does set the atmosphere to relax and focus.

Agree with Nightowl and Oliviasang, the symbols are for you only and how it relates to you and your own personal interpretation. You "just know" and "feel" the meaning. Eg. I saw a woman walk up to me and open a box, then lots of white butterflies flew out of it. I instantly thought of a death of a child as this is what a friend had done in the past (released white butterflies at the funeral) and what I associated it with. However for another person seeing a bunch of flowers could have the same meaning for them.

I read for a friend once. I saw her grandmother in the crystal, holding an onion. I thought it was an apple because I could see the core like an apple but it was shaped like an onion. It sounded so stupid and I was hesitant in saying it as I wasn't sure if what I was saying was right. She later told me that only a week before she was talking to her friends about how she felt like an onion and just wanted to get to the core (or something along those lines) she was also thinking of her grandmother at the time. That confirmed to her that she was there with her in spirit. So no matter how strange the images appear, they are always relevant somehow. Trust is a must :)