Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 03:34 PM
dreamer

A chat with God.

I had a chat with God the other night. It started when I wondered to myself what God would do if he were me. It continued with me imagining that i was God and considering what that meant.

Well God is everything so I have always thought so immediately the pomposity of this idea of being God left me. If God is everything, and I am God I thought, that means I am everything and everything is me. Was it Blake who wrote the universe in a grain of sand?

Any way, I relaxed as i thought god would do, after all if you are god what have you to be afraid of? If you are God could you ever fail? so i relaxed and imagined the peace that absolute power must surely bring. And as I relaxed i looked around and felt love for everything that i saw just as i would like to be looked at and loved myself - you know that admiring full hearted type of love that you feel for a new born child for example, or someone who you know dearly and who deserves the very best that life can offer because they are so worthy and innocent, the way we all are deep down beneath it all.

Suddenley i began to rock from side to side and a warm blanket of what i could only describe as love started to seep down over me from my head down. It was as though I was being born, this rocking sensation feeling like i was being rocked from side to side in order to manouvre me through some invisible but tangible hole, the way a doctor tries to lever out a baby with forceps maybe. Or another thought that seemed salient was like a sperm might feel as it breaks through the surface of the ovum after having spent ages trying to push it's way in, with no real idea what is on the other side.

Once this feeling of love had settled over me i started to ask questions of my self, my true self, i think (god) that true self that it seems logical to me exists in everything at it's root.

I wondered - if i am God what would i do now. Surely i would change my life for the better. The answer was yes and no. The answer was that this body dreamer was no more god than any other aspect of anything that dreamer experiences, so becoming god concious does not of itself give any special privileges, everything is treated the same because it is all God. We are all one as has often been said, but not in some conceptualised way, in a very literal way, everything is god, not everything is god concious but everything is god. So what does god conciousness give me. Well God would never harm God, so being god concious allows the character to relax and go witht the flow, with an inner peace that comes from a knowledge that as long as this unity is held onto nothing can go wrong, and with this peace and confidence and understanding it becomes easy to live in the moment fully, to fully enjoy every aspect of this amazing experience, to love every minute .

To make the point of life to propagate and sustain this feeling of love and compassion inside by having love and compassion for everything in existence in the same way that we all want ourselves ( we all want the same thing essentially because we are all one and the same) this is the God concious way - so God in it's fully understood form becomes a cycle of love just like the old hymn used to say - god is love, but god is also everything else in the universe at different levels of conciousness of itself. Genius, I thought.

So what do I do now i asked. Well the answer is whatever i want, but there are rules - of attraction. To choose the top path is to just love, no word needs to be spoken, the example of love that is set is enough, this way leads to no problems, you blend into life as if unseen, your very mind and heart full of love will send ripples out to every corner of the cosmos - the mysterious power of tau te ching, brahman etc leading to an eventual drawing up into the spirit of peace beyond words and symbols and bodies and minds, back to soul.
There is the next path down of service, communicating experiences to "others" like i'm doing now, maybe foolishly - if i fully grasp this oneness why would have feel the need to commuicate, if i am one then thoughts are enough - but i'm writing it anyway for interest sake.
Then there is a slipping back to old ways and old thoughts, although somehow never as forgetful as once was I feel.

So you see, this genius existance allows for every aspect of awareness and lack to be experienced in everyway imaginable. Everything is exactly how it is meant to be, any level can be achieved by any "one" and we are all one.

The best thing was, I looked on the forum after this had started and saw the post about synchronicity numbers 11:11 posted by enlightener. When i came down from looking at that Zinedine Zidane had just scored for France in the world cup and the time on the clock was 33:33, wicked huh?

Anyway, i thought i would write this experience down in case anyone was interested, it's all been hastily put down and it is in no way intended to be prescriptive, it's just an experience that I had and could easily mean nothing, my mind conning me into a happy state, but i thought it was worthwhile sharing.

Peace and love.

Last edited by dreamer : 07-07-2006 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Schades

My chat with God

Whoa, what a coincidence! I also had a chat with God the other night!

He told me that dreamer had a severe case of schizophrenia.

Bello grazie, Schades M.D.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schades
Whoa, what a coincidence! I also had a chat with God the other night!

He told me that dreamer had a severe case of schizophrenia.

Bello grazie, Schades M.D.

Is that supposed to be in the sense that those who talk to God, and to whom God talks to are schizophrenic? That is one cliched interpretation of schizophrenia. Mind you on a spiritual forum you'll probably be in the company of many people who have 'other worldly' experiences.
Not sure myself whether schizophrenia is not a spiritual condition anyway.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
dreamer

Hi Honza,

you wrote my reply for me. It is true a mind trying to get to grips with peace can resemble a schizophrenic mind, divine madness is something to be celebrated rather than derided though as the end point is a never ending peace within your soul. Jesus was slightly insane by modern standards, and mohamed, arjuna saw god even Gandhi was insane if you call sanity working 9-5 in an office every day.

So thanks shades you couldn't have written anything more perfect and thanks honza for arguing the case against demonisation of thinking with an open mind you couldn't have written anything better either.

For everything a reason - FEAR, Ian Brown.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Creator

Well I liked the story. Schizophrenia or not!! Crazy is as crazy does - Forrest Gump

Creator
Old 29-07-2006, 01:07 AM
Glorymist

One of the greatest reasons for a psychotic / troubled mind is that we try to push it into areas where it does not wish to go. We force it to go against what we have previously taught it in previous lives, or have accepted as truth from what we have been taught in the various societies we have lived in.

If you try to push and force the mind - - it will rebel.

It is MUCH more wise to work WITH the mind rather than to fight against it.

And one of the ways we fight against it is to call it "stupid" or "insignificant" or "total illusion" and then treat mind as a non-entity.

Very few listen to precautions.

There are other more beneficial ways.
Old 29-07-2006, 10:31 AM
dreamer

Well put Glorymist,

it is paranioia and fear that causes problems, letting go of firmly held beliefs may at first feel strange and may cause feelings of uncertainty and worries about "madness" but the liberation attained by letting go is heavenly - a divine madness if you like ( what is sanity anyway? Surely it is letting go and having fun, pursuing dreams and creating joy, loving and accepting love)
Old 29-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Glorymist

When people head into all of this - - they believe they understand the nature and depth of fear. But - - as one plods the Path - - they find out they are in it all MUCH deeper than they first realized.

Fear is NOT just shaking in closed places, or fear of flying, or fear of heights, or fear of losing ones job, or fear of being along, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. (etc.)

Fear eventually comes from dealing directly with the mind. Who and what mind is. How it works. What it was intended for. How incredibly complex and enveloping it is. And - - how astoundingly cunning it is in convincing each and every individual that - - by believing this or that particular concept - - you actually ARE working beyond the mind - - when in actuality - - you are not.

Mind - - does NOT - - play fair in it all. Not when you get down towards the end of dealing with it. Yes - - yo will always "use" it as the tool that it is - - but until this is basically mastered - - mind rarely if ever plays fair.

This - - is sbewildering, confusing, and frightening! !

If one doesn't think so - - then they are still dealing with the mind - - and have accepted the serene side cons the mind will offer - - or - - they have finally figured out how to make all of that work from the greater Truth of Soul Itself.

Which - - can be described in words - - good enough to where one can recognize the other. In other words - - it is NOT - - "I am "there," but it cannot be described, so just accept - - that I am 'there.' "

Doesn't work that way. Not in actual truth.

So - - back to basics. Fear is easy to talk about - - and blame. Kinda like the catch-all category of ego. Handy. And - - necessary. Vital - - even.

But - - incredibly misunderstood.
Old 29-07-2006, 07:10 PM
dreamer

So what is your definition for fear and your remedy when encountered? It's too easy to talk about fear and make a monster out of it - but this is ones mind - one is in control, **** fear, let it do it's worst, it's worst cannot touch you unless you run. Face fear and fight it - you will never lose.
Old 30-07-2006, 12:37 AM
Glorymist

To me - - fear is much more than just general hesitancy / evasion / apprehension / etc. Most everyone has to wrestle with that one. Even the Masters. To me - - fear is more of getting down to the core issues - - of why one feels the way they do - - understanding one's limitations and what it is doing to him / her. Why the issue holds one back - - and to what extent. Then fear - - the real fear - - is dealing with that - - acknowledging it - - and turning it around. The actual reversal process - - is facing a real fear. It is YOU that you face.

The farther one goes on the Path - - the more subtle are the remaining fears. One climbs up thru the mental areas - - and towards the top - - so to speak - - the remaining mental patterns are SO defining - - SO accepted - - SO believable - - SO nourishing - - SO whatever - - that it is seemingly almost impossible to let go of them. To even really acknowledge them - - let alone to actually face them. This is when most people take off into La La Land. Better to just lie in the Silence than to face these issues and truly move beyond. This - - is when the Path gets very, very long ! !

How to face one's fears ?? Um - - I don't think I am ready to get into that in a general forum. Besides - - there is plenty of info on Google that will head a person in that direction. There is always room for the basics ! !
Closed Thread