Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Master
Well I DID say I'd take a brave step to mention 'prana'... LOL...at least it gave you all something to debate about...

*the fly in the ointment*
Old 01-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Valus

Dr. Mark Hyman on
"The overwhelming evidence of the healing power of food"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJkCiYnuVw0

http://www.ultrawellness.com/blog
Old 01-01-2011, 05:17 AM
Valus

"And now we come to what I always say. People come and ask: Is it better not to drink alcohol or to drink alcohol? Is it better to be a vegetarian or to eat meat? I never tell anyone whether he should give up alcohol or drink it, whether he should eat plants or meat. I say to people: Alcohol does so and so. I simply explain its effect, and then they may decide whether to drink or not. I do the same with regard to vegetarian or meat diet: Meat does this and plants do that. And the result is that they can decide for themselves... One does not tire so quickly. From within the organism one does not get so tired because one does not deposit all this uric acid and its salts. One does not tire so quickly and keeps a clearer head and can therefore think more easily, that is, if one thinks at all... We must understand each other precisely as to the purpose of today's lecture and the intention behind it. We are not agitating in favour of particular tendencies, nor are we trying to be reformative. The spiritual scientist is obliged to state the truth of things. His attitude must never be agitatorial, and he must be confident that when a person has perceived the truth of what he says, he will then proceed to do the right thing... Now I do not proselytise, I merely want to state the truth. We shall get to know still other effects of meat diet; we shall be obliged to discuss this subject in some detail. This is why progress in inner anthroposophical life gradually produces a sort of revulsion against meat. It is not as though one has to forbid meat to anthroposophists, but the healthily progressing instinct gradually turns against meat and no longer likes it. And this is much better than becoming a vegetarian out of some abstract principle. The best is when spiritual science causes man to develop a kind of aversion for meat."

~ Rudolf Steiner
Nutrition and Stimulants

The Hidden Truth About Your Food
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAFoWXROyAc

Factory Farming vs. Raw Food
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOlEQlzn_t

Last edited by Valus : 01-01-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 AM
Valus

Chrysaetos,

Don't get me started on James Randi, lol.
There's plenty of evidence out there debunking him.

The fact is, what seems miraculous to us
is accomplished by highly spiritual people.

Asking an average person to test this theory
is absurd, since the theory itself clearly states
that these abilities are not at all average.

Nevermind weeks, months, years, or decades --
it take many lifetimes to develop the
discipline of mind to accomplish these things.

Super-rare spiritual powers aside,
let's get back to the protein discussion:

The Protein Myth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae-dlHOmwk4
Old 01-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Master
Rudolf Steiner is a theosophist and a karma hugger. I have my reasons to take such people not too seriously.

Valus, if you are so sure about breatharianism and you've done your decades of research then put this baby to the test.
I am only asking for you people to do it for let's say... 4 days.

There are no humans that can live without water and food for too long. Just believing in it doesn't change reality.
Our thoughts about reality do not make it what it is.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Master
One can only sit one side of the fence....not in the middle and then teeter whatever way the best wind blows from.

Reality is either created and trusted by other then the human mind...or the human mind says 'this world of the 5 senses is our only reality and nothing beyond it can be created or changed'.

Which way is it going to be for each of you?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
Reality is either created and trusted by other then the human mind...or the human mind says 'this world of the 5 senses is our only reality and nothing beyond it can be created or changed'.

Which way is it going to be for each of you?
What people describe as beyond the world of our senses is always subjective and guess work.

If you truly believe your beliefs and ideologies can change biological facts then let's put the baby to the test.
Practice it and let's see how many days you can live without food and water! And use all your spiritual armoury: meditations, chants, prayers, beads, symbols.. Use it all.
Try it out!
Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Chrysaetos: What people describe as beyond the world of our senses is always subjective and guess work.

If you truly believe your beliefs and ideologies can change biological facts then let's put the baby to the test.
Practice it and let's see how many days you can live without food and water! And use all your spiritual armoury: meditations, chants, prayers, beads, symbols.. Use it all.
Try it out!

It's nice to see there is still common sense here ;)
Old 01-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Kapitan_Prien

And I had a different sort of thought regarding this...

...are some spiritual people so determined to 'separate' themselves from the physical (perhaps because they consider the physical 'unclean' 'unspiritual') that they do this sort of nonsense?

If they didn't like the physical so much - then perhaps they should stop using herbs, crystals, incense, etc. in their spiritual practices.

Why even incarnate in the first place then...?
Old 01-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Valus

Quote:
Rudolf Steiner is a theosophist and a karma hugger. I have my reasons to take such people not too seriously.

Steiner WAS a theosophist,
before he broke with Theosophy,
and founded Anthroposophy.

Buddha was a "karma hugger" too.

Quote:
Valus, if you are so sure about breatharianism and you've done your decades of research then put this baby to the test.
I am only asking for you people to do it for let's say... 4 days.

There are no humans that can live without water and food for too long. Just believing in it doesn't change reality.
Our thoughts about reality do not make it what it is.

I already responded to this,
and told you why your "challenge" is absurd.

I am putting the power of the mind to the test,
but I am starting where I am.

What you are proposing is paramount to this:

"If you really think lifting weights can make you
so strong that you can lift a thousand pounds,
then put it to the test; lift weights for 4 days,
and then try to lift a thousand pounds."

lol

Last edited by Valus : 01-01-2011 at 11:34 PM.