Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-12-2014, 09:35 AM
Knower

Mystical Christianity.

I've been studying some of this topic and find it really speaks to the heart.

The interpretation of scripture is very internal instead of external. Emphasis is on continual prayer. Many of these teachings go back to the 3rd and 4th century at the beginning of the monastic tradition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sRNNhQ3AY
Old 17-12-2014, 10:44 AM
Suspended
Or even further back with Judaic midrash and commentary.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:36 AM
Master

at one time i thought i was psychic. then i grew and thought i was was spiritual. then i grew and now think i am mystic. i wonder if there is anything after mystical?

kk
Old 17-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
at one time i thought i was psychic. then i grew and thought i was was spiritual. then i grew and now think i am mystic. i wonder if there is anything after mystical?

kk

Spiritual again. From my own experience anyway.

Then you just let go of all labels. I don't really consider myself spiritual. Or anything else really. Just be.
Old 17-12-2014, 04:33 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

KKfern; Your own journey is remarkably similar to my own it seems - except I may say it now,at one tmie I thought I was psychic,and Iam - then I grew and thought I was sprititual,and Iam - then I grew some more and became mystical,SEEMED mystical to OTHERS who didnt understand me - but all the while I was learnng of Self..

After mystical then ..?..I believe it is RECOGNITION,realisation - for the mystery that is Self,is no longer so mysterious,and no matter the label I affix or Others give to ME - above all esle - Iam - etrnal Soul..
Old 17-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Master

Very inspiring Phanatulum, thanks for sharing :)

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 17-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Molearner

[quote=Phanatulum]I've been studying some of this topic and find it really speaks to the heart.

The interpretation of scripture is very internal instead of external. Emphasis is on continual prayer. Many of these teachings go back to the 3rd and 4th century at the beginning of the monastic tradition.

Phanatulum,

If you have been studying the topic of mysticism perhaps you are familiar with the parlance used in spirituality. The via negative(apophatic) refers to darkness(meditation, silence, solitude) and is the most acknowledged path to mysticism. The via negative is in contrast to the via positive(cataphatic) refers to light(that which can be seen and/or experienced, etc. Both are viable paths and can be used either separately or conjunctively.
Psalm 43 illustrates the use of both paths....."O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles"(KJV). Metaphorically understood is this: 'light'=via positive....the ascent of the holy hill is done in the light of day.......'tabernacles'=via negative(darkness in the tabernacle, out of the light of day). When used in conjunction the two paths re-enforce each other.
For a very excellent but short discussion of these two paths and additional paths please refer to this website. It is, IMO, a very excellent presentation that would serve your intent and purposes well.

http://www.soundstrue.com/podcast/tr...e=camefromhome
Old 17-12-2014, 08:16 PM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Spiritual again. From my own experience anyway.

Then you just let go of all labels. I don't really consider myself spiritual. Or anything else really. Just be.

I agree emphatically. Although, with grace, I have many years left to experience spiritual growth and maturity... who knows what will change in a few years' time?
Old 17-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Master
Read Father Richard Rohr. He is a mystic and Franciscan Friar. He writes so many enlightening amazing books about how mysticism has been lost since the Reformation. It was very prevalent in the Eastern Church and the Catholic Saints. Francis of Assisi was perhaps one of the greatest mystics/spiritual teachers who ever lived and came out of the Christian Tradition.

If anything Christ was trying to get everyone to reach the internal meaning of the Scriptures and less about "the letter of the law". He wasn't trying to abolish the Law but trying to get them to understand the deeper meanings of the Law; the dharma, the Torah, whatever you prefer to call it. The cosmic order of life.

Instead they thought he was creating a new religion with him as it's god but his out spokeness about his divinity was to make others realize that divinity does indeed dwell in every human soul because the Psalams (which he quoted all the time) have phrases- "I am your father, on this day I have begotten you." "Ye are gods" "You are my Father, the rock of my salvation!". David wasn't very expliciate when he realized that divinity was residing in him because the focus should always be on the divine Source itself (GOD).

But Jesus came out and without shame, without fear spoke of his divinity, his at-one-ment with the Source, and his own realizations. That is why John the Baptist heard a silent voice say, "This is my beloved son". In Jesus, the Christ consciousness found an acceptable vessel, and Jesus was granted the office and degree of savior, "Christ".

It is all about becoming truly what we are in the eyes of God, our true self, our spirit and what it came here to do on earth. That is mysticism in it's simple and truest form- becoming who we ARE in the mind of God. I am who I am in the I AM that I AM.

The entire Bible, the Torah, the Cosmic law, the dharma is about the Christ Mystery, the Christ Consciousness. Jesus was simply the validation and summation, summarization of what the entire Bible was saying.
Old 18-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Master
Here is a thread where we are going over The Gospel of Thomas verse by verse. Doing so really gives one an understanding of the Gnostic approach to his teachings.

The Gospel of Thomas

Here is a thread on the Gnostic approach to Light Transmission

Transmission is a component of many traditions, but it a major component of the inner (or mystical) aspects of the gnostic Christian tradition. Transmissions can be "sent" by divine beings and also masters or adepts of the tradition.

There are two main types of transmission. The lower form is at the level of the "mind" and is often called a mind transmission. The higher form is at the level of the heart (or inner heart) and is often called a "light" transmission.

A mind level transmission is commonly associated with the 3rd eye (mind) and is at the astral level. Energy is sent in a directed way to another being, and this energy is translated by the mind into some sort of vision (or healing). The experience (and power) of the transmission is highly dependent on both the clarity of the sender and receiver beings. Depending on the "frequency range" of the transmission, issues and fears in the subconscious mind may be hit. The resulting mind translation can create a very wild perception/experience. This is also why astral travel/mediumship is not recommended in many traditions, as it is possible for the mind to be "fooled" or for negative beings to hide behind deep subconscious issues and fears. Finally, this type of transmission is still at the level of duality, as the mind still believes there are two beings (sender and receiver) and hence is subject to things like the perception of "shielding".

A light level transmission is very rare and at the level of the "inner heart" or soul. To send such a transmission, one must have realized oneness, or in Christian terms be at least a highly developed "saint" (or master of the tradition). To even notice/receive such a transmission one must have an open heart (open 4th chakra). A light transmission is beyond the local mind and is a communication directly at the soul level. Depending on one's integration at the soul level, the information is then sort of "decompressed" into components that can be understood by the mind. Those with a developed third eye and the capacity to receive a light transmission will often "see" the transmitting soul which can look like a multicolored burning bush at the level of conscious mind.

In a light transmission, the sender has realized oneness and sort of "overlays" their aspect of consciousness on the person, then the natural "light" that they are flows through. In a light transmission, everything that is the sending "being" is included/given to the person. In the process, it is more about the persons ability to "receive". To the receiving person it can feel like "being in a bubble" or like their body pressure has dramatically increased/gotten heavy. Additionally, a divine being/master can share/extend mind clarity (peace that passes human understanding) and the Holy Spirit (Kundalini) in the process.

Transmissions are normally at the "grace" of the divine beings. Mental clarity and an open heart are the key in contacting divine beings. Once one realizes oneness, you can directly overlay/merge with divine beings up to your relative clarity.